Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very unhappy with Fremont Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was out in 10 mins. Car was not properly washed as I realized later. The guy just showed from outside how to put it in drive. Said congrats and left. Had gotten way better treatment on all my other cars.

Any other folks in the bay experienced same?

I know they are delivering many vehicles. But I struggled with basic things like adjusting mirrors, operating lights and stuff. They were out of coffee and water cups. Asked them to replenish. Which they did.

• Informative
Reactions: Matias
Picked up my 3 July 3rd. Did not feel rushed. Delivery guys were willing to go over everything on the car but I told them I had rented one in January. Left me to inspect the car and I didn't see anything wrong. They came back to slap the temporary registration on the window and sent me off. Only thing they got wrong (and I didn't realize until the next week) was to give me copies of the paperwork I signed.

Don't drink coffee and I brought my own water.

Sorry about your delivery experience. For people unfamiliar with Tesla's UI, there should have been a link to several videos in the email confirming your delivery appointment. Although my email was sent to me about an hour before my appointment.

I was out in 10 mins. Car was not properly washed as I realized later. The guy just showed from outside how to put it in drive. Said congrats and left. Had gotten way better treatment on all my other cars.

I know they are delivering many vehicles. But I struggled with basic things like adjusting mirrors, operating lights and stuff. They were out of coffee and water cups. Asked them to replenish. Which they did.

I’m supposed to take delivery there tomorrow. When did you get the email with all the contracting info?

Why did you leave then? A simple ‘Excuse me, please, but I have more questions as I’m new to Tesla vehicles, blah, blah, blah...’

If you’re not happy in the moment then say so directly to the person you’re dealing with. Don’t leave and then run to the Internet to complain. That doesn’t solve anything. What’s Tesla or the guy you were dealing with supposed to do about it now?

On the bright side there’s lots of carwashes around and the UI is quite intuitive and easy to operate. You can always consult the owners manual as well.

I hope my delivery only takes 10 minutes. When I leased a Leaf, it took 2 hours even though I made it clear I wanted to get things done quickly.

That said, the cars should be properly washed & you should feel free to ask any questions. Now that production is flowing, it sounds like the delivery teams are struggling to keep up.

Why did you leave then? A simple ‘Excuse me, please, but I have more questions as I’m new to Tesla vehicles, blah, blah, blah...’

If you’re not happy in the moment then say so directly to the person you’re dealing with. Don’t leave and then run to the Internet to complain. That doesn’t solve anything. What’s Tesla or the guy you were dealing with supposed to do about it now?

On the bright side there’s lots of carwashes around and the UI is quite intuitive and easy to operate. You can always consult the owners manual as well.

You are right. I should have stayed back and complained. I'm not complaining. I was just surprised with the experience with the premium brand. I am just venting. Maybe it was not Tesla it was the rep I got assigned to.

I do not wash my cars at carwash. I've better ways of taking care by doing myself.

UI is very intuitive. I pulled into a next parking lot and went through all the UI to adjust mirrors and lights and all. Figured out with 15 mins playing with all options. I love the car.

But I had seen many delivery videos on YouTube and may be I had lot of expectations.

You are right. I should have stayed back and complained. I'm not complaining. I was just surprised with the experience with the premium brand. I am just venting. Maybe it was not Tesla it was the rep I got assigned to.

I do not wash my cars at carwash. I've better ways of taking care by doing myself.

UI is very intuitive. I pulled into a next parking lot and went through all the UI to adjust mirrors and lights and all. Figured out with 15 mins playing with all options. I love the car.

But I had seen many delivery videos on YouTube and may be I had lot of expectations.

Glad to hear you figured it out and are enjoying the car. Sometimes it appears to be hit and miss with delivery/service and the like. If you have certain expectations, you’ll now be better prepared to deal with mishaps since you know it can happen.

It’s hard to find good help and even Tesla isn’t immune to that. But it’s always best to deal with people like that in the moment. There’s always an option to ask for someone else to assist you if you find the person too difficult to deal with.

I don’t wash the car at carwashes either. In the end it might be better that you got it dirty. Maybe if that guy washes it comes out all scratched?

Reactions: JoganJani
It's a catch 22. We want them to succeed and we want our cars as soon as possible, but they just don't have the infrastructure to handle it, so the fabled Tesla delivery experience is suffering. I hope they are trying to open up more temporary delivery centers in the areas they need to counter this trend a bit. Five minute deliveries is fine for some, but not others who need time to assimilate all the new information (you know, those who don't obsess over the damn thing like we do).

To answer the OP's question, I took delivery in Fremont at a time before they started this serious ramp-up so it was a smooth, no pressure delivery. I was very happy with it.

Reactions: JoganJani
It's a catch 22. We want them to succeed and we want our cars as soon as possible, but they just don't have the infrastructure to handle it, so the fabled Tesla delivery experience is suffering. I hope they are trying to open up more temporary delivery centers in the areas they need to counter this trend a bit. Five minute deliveries is fine for some, but not others who need time to assimilate all the new information (you know, those who don't obsess over the damn thing like we do).

To answer the OP's question, I took delivery in Fremont at a time before they started this serious ramp-up so it was a smooth, no pressure delivery. I was very happy with it.

From what I’m seeing the issue isn’t delivery centers or time in them...it’s the third party they hired to do the contracts. They can’t get them done fast enough to keep up.

You may need to “remind” your DS they are the ones that upload
Does anyone know what documents we should have or be getting?

Do we need a signed MPVA? In other words what should be in our account after we receive the car. I am taking delivery tomorrow Saturday in Fremont and want to know what documents I should have to start applying for rebates etc.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: daver6640

Sorry, wrong answer.

Yes, there are gazillion car washes ... but the least I expect from a $60k+ car is the basic courtesy of a clean car.

OP shouldn't have left. I would've gone back and let them know if I needed more help or if the car was messy.

From what I’m seeing the issue isn’t delivery centers or time in them...it’s the third party they hired to do the contracts. They can’t get them done fast enough to keep up.

Irrelevant. Customers are dealing with Tesla not 3rd party.

OP, congratulations! What color/spec did you get? Looks like you were able to get going after that initial hiccup.

Last edited: