Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very unhappy with Fremont Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given how busy Fremont is, if I had it to do again, I would pickup at the local service center instead.

The Fremont center is a get them in and get them out operation, just a few minutes with each customer so they can get more customers through. Had I know this I would have done delivery at the Dublin SC where I test drove and purchased my X.

Tesla can shoot for 1 minute deliveries it doesn't mean people are obligated lol.

Right now the 5-minute delivery process is optional as they A-B test it. But to meet the delivery numbers I can see this becoming common place.

BTW, cool to see someone from Fresno. Grew up there, went to Bullard. Family still lives there (and Clovis). Do they still only have the one supercharger on Herndon?

Right now the 5-minute delivery process is optional as they A-B test it. But to meet the delivery numbers I can see this becoming common place.

BTW, cool to see someone from Fresno. Grew up there, went to Bullard. Family still lives there (and Clovis). Do they still only have the one supercharger on Herndon?
One Supercharger I think 10 stalls never seen it full. Cool.

Reactions: jboy210
Luck of the draw...When were you at Fremont?

Thursday, 7/19, 9:45am. We had been pushed a week from home delivery for a combination of car issues (they gave us a new VIN) and bank issues.

In the end, we arrived right around 9:45 and were shown to our car by 10. We spent about an hour there. The woman helping us was very nice and we never felt rushed. I had to go back and forth at least 3-4 times to make sure they had the dealer funding request. It was in my Tesla account, but they wanted it emailed. Well, first she had me send a screenshot, which her docs team rejected, then i sent a dropbox link which they didn't have access to, then i exported it to google drive which let me send a pdf via gmail app. Each step took about 15 misn and she was very apologetic but I was in no hurry; I also apologized to her for taking so much time but she was in no hurry either. We ultimately left on our own schedule and I felt like there was no pressure at all to get out.

I guess I don't know what a rush job would look like. Even if the person showing you to your car moved on to another customer, what would they do, pull out a bulldozer and push your car out of the way? I never got the impression I couldn't spend 5 hours there if I wanted to.

Thursday, 7/19, 9:45am. We had been pushed a week from home delivery for a combination of car issues (they gave us a new VIN) and bank issues.

In the end, we arrived right around 9:45 and were shown to our car by 10. We spent about an hour there. The woman helping us was very nice and we never felt rushed. I had to go back and forth at least 3-4 times to make sure they had the dealer funding request. It was in my Tesla account, but they wanted it emailed. Well, first she had me send a screenshot, which her docs team rejected, then i sent a dropbox link which they didn't have access to, then i exported it to google drive which let me send a pdf via gmail app. Each step took about 15 misn and she was very apologetic but I was in no hurry; I also apologized to her for taking so much time but she was in no hurry either. We ultimately left on our own schedule and I felt like there was no pressure at all to get out.

I guess I don't know what a rush job would look like. Even if the person showing you to your car moved on to another customer, what would they do, pull out a bulldozer and push your car out of the way? I never got the impression I couldn't spend 5 hours there if I wanted to.

Lucky you...nice on a weekday. Glad you got a new VIN.

Saturday

Attachments

• 131EAE7A-513F-4B9D-B45D-DFA5486B03A1.jpeg
    131EAE7A-513F-4B9D-B45D-DFA5486B03A1.jpeg
    280.1 KB · Views: 52
Picked up my Model S yesterday at the Fremont center at 1015. Showed up at 10 and started paperwork at 1020-felt a little rush compared to a dealer where they seem to kiss your butt for that sale. I can tell he was busy- spent about 10 min with us before he had to move on to the next customer.
Ran into another new customer at Fresno Supercharger who had a 430 appt but not seen until 715 due paper work delay.

Reactions: daver6640