Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video of Firmware 4.5 pulling juice from wall, NOT battery.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps others have commented on this, but when my Charging screen is shown and it says "Full Charged" reading 240V 0/40A, if the climate control comes on the power display shows between 2 and 6A @ 24V being drawn. Turning off climate goes back to 0/40A.

This is under .41 firmware.

Perhaps others have commented on this, but when my Charging screen is shown and it says "Full Charged" reading 240V 0/40A, if the climate control comes on the power display shows between 2 and 6A @ 24V being drawn. Turning off climate goes back to 0/40A.

This is under .41 firmware.

I got it up to 20A by setting the cabin heater all the way to HI: Firmware 4.5 - Page 69

I got it up to 20A by setting the cabin heater all the way to HI: Firmware 4.5 - Page 69

I currently only have a 20 amp, 240 volt service in my garage and so charge the car at 16 amps. I have noticed in my electricity monitor's logs that if I open the car door while it's charging and the a/c comes on, the total amount drawn from the wall goes up by about 1 kW (or 4 amps). I really don't think it should do this if I've gone to the trouble of setting the limit to 16 amps. It's no problem if the car is plugged in and not charging to have accessories draw up to whatever the limit is set to, but it shouldn't go beyond IMHO. For now, I hit the HVAC button to turn it off when I get out of the car.

Heater can pull 20 Amps. Being in TX, that won't happen very often. AC can pull 19 Amps, which is used A LOT!
Charging.jpg

I currently only have a 20 amp, 240 volt service in my garage and so charge the car at 16 amps. I have noticed in my electricity monitor's logs that if I open the car door while it's charging and the a/c comes on, the total amount drawn from the wall goes up by about 1 kW (or 4 amps). I really don't think it should do this if I've gone to the trouble of setting the limit to 16 amps. It's no problem if the car is plugged in and not charging to have accessories draw up to whatever the limit is set to, but it shouldn't go beyond IMHO. For now, I hit the HVAC button to turn it off when I get out of the car.

I just noticed that the limiter screen says "Charge Current" so at least it's labeled correctly. You are not limiting the amount the car draws, but rather, how much it draws specifically for the purpose of charging.

All -

The other day when it was hot in the morning (and the interior of the car registered 138 degrees) I started to pre-cool the car. When I checked my Efergy energy monitor, it showed that the car was drawing 4.8 kilowatts!

Aaron