Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View TeslaCam Videos in Browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pushed out some more features for the TeslaCam Video WebApp Player. Your browser should pick up the changes the next time you visit the website. Thanks for those that have donated and supplied great feedback.
  • "Jump to Event" button displays if the app thinks the videos came from a Sentry Mode event where 10 minutes of videos were saved. It jumps to about one minute before the end of all videos (seems to be where most events have happened).
  • A slider bar is also now available to easily move back and forth within a video. All three cameras move in-sync with the slider.
TeslaCam Video WebApp Player

Previous updates included:
  • Enlarge any camera video by clicking on it. Return to side-by-side layout by clicking the enlarged video.
  • Go directly to a time by clicking on the timestamp from the list.
  • Resize the videos automatically when resizing the browser window.

I pushed out some more features for the TeslaCam Video WebApp Player. Your browser should pick up the changes the next time you visit the website. Thanks for those that have donated and supplied great feedback.
  • "Jump to Event" button displays if the app thinks the videos came from a Sentry Mode event where 10 minutes of videos were saved. It jumps to about one minute before the end of all videos (seems to be where most events have happened).
  • A slider bar is also now available to easily move back and forth within a video. All three cameras move in-sync with the slider.
TeslaCam Video WebApp Player

Previous updates included:
  • Enlarge any camera video by clicking on it. Return to side-by-side layout by clicking the enlarged video.
  • Go directly to a time by clicking on the timestamp from the list.
  • Resize the videos automatically when resizing the browser window.
Great updates, thanks!

Very cool!

I’ve just started using an in-car Raspberry Pi to save my videos, and push them over to my Synology NAS whenever I come home and attach to WiFi.

Next step, I’d like to build an HTML5 video player, in a Docker container, to access that video “archive” if you will.

You might have a good starting point for that!

Just food for thought. ;-)

Next step, I’d like to build an HTML5 video player, in a Docker container, to access that video “archive” if you will.

You might have a good starting point for that!

I'm adding a Docker container version to my build pipeline for the app and experimenting with having it run locally (for those that may need it in that environment). Will provide the image name when it's ready.

I'm adding a Docker container version to my build pipeline for the app and experimenting with having it run locally (for those that may need it in that environment). Will provide the image name when it's ready.

YOU ROCK! That’d be awesome. Just let me know and I’m happy to beta test it for you.

All I’d need to do is present a file system to the Docker image for my cam images. That would be awesome. :)

Do you guys think one day we'll be able to view the videos via internet on our Tesla app? Or just turn on the video feed with our app and view the cams live?

I'm expecting some day when we get in the car and see a Sentry event occurred - that we click on an "app" or open the in-car browser to display the list of events and ability to play the videos side-by-side. (As well as maybe delete capability ;) )

Do you guys think one day we'll be able to view the videos via internet on our Tesla app? Or just turn on the video feed with our app and view the cams live?
I think you will be able to view in Park on the "giant iPad" without having to touch the USB.

While I don't have a screen shot the on the screen "warning" there is a little i (info hot link) that doesn't do anything now. I could see pushing that to display the video of the current events.

No. Tesla pays for that cellular connection by the megabyte. That's why they don't use it for updates until your car is many versions behind.

Plus I can just see people parking their cars in front of their girlfriend's house and watching it from remote. "Who's that guy?"

Although it might be nice to park near the mall charger and check-in while you shop. If a station frees up run and move your car. Hopefully, public chargers will get better about showing their availability in their app the way Tesla and ChargePoint do.

I would bet that you get in the car press the (i) info link and it will list events. Then you will probably be able select to view them on the screen. Right now pressing the (i) info link doesn't do anything so something MUST be coming.

IMG_0630.jpg