Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's what I don't get. According to my DS, my 90D VIN 2485 just entered production this week. Expect delivery some time in May. Seems like very large gaps in VINs being delivered. Just hope they get it right.
VINs are not linear now because if a car comes up with an issue it gets moved into another queue. So only cars that came through the line perfectly go out in order. All the other cars go out in whatever order they get 'fixed' in.

VINs are not linear now because if a car comes up with an issue it gets moved into another queue. So only cars that came through the line perfectly go out in order. All the other cars go out in whatever order they get 'fixed' in.
To add color to this statement, I don't know if any of you listened to the conference call today but at about 56:25 into the call Elon makes the statement that Friday at 3am they had the first flawless X come off the line. So it's taken them over 6 months to get one X right the first time. Ouch. That's rough.

To add color to this statement, I don't know if any of you listened to the conference call today but at about 56:25 into the call Elon makes the statement that Friday at 3am they had the first flawless X come off the line. So it's taken them over 6 months to get one X right the first time. Ouch. That's rough.

Yea this is being discussed in another thread but it appears that Musk saying was actually interpreting a batch of MX

Although, some issues can keep a car from going into production at all and then getting moved to that other queue of sorts. My VIN 110x finally went into production last week, was in paint this past Monday. So not always about getting fixed. Could be something like they realize they had a bunch of bad door sensors in one batch so a handful of cars get delayed from production until they procure good sensors for them.

Heard from the Tesla delivery team today that the delay is due to them waiting for BMP seats to be delivered from the manufacturer (?) (which is weird since we've had a few deliveries already with them) and that it might be a few more weeks(!) for delivery.

What does BMP stand for? Hope that doesn't delay mine.

Are you referring to the multi-pattern seats? I would imagine those are easier to make compared to my Tan leather seats.