Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assigned

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stupid question.... If i place my order right now, how soon roughly before i get a model Y?

Based on reading the forum- If you pick any color besides black, I think you'll have a good chance to get it by the end of the month. I am still waiting on a vin for my white on black Per+ though. If you pick Blue or MSM perf+, I'm sure they can match you up with one real quick.

Stupid question.... If i place my order right now, how soon roughly before i get a model Y?

There are honestly too many factors to give you an answer worth anything. Production capacity is limited and will be shut down EOD Monday the 24th, so if the specs you want gets manufactured in that time and someone cancels their order, then you might get it relatively soon. Otherwise it's going to depend when they can start the process again. We don't have a number as to how many they have been building a day, and the current highest VIN I think someone posted was 27xx. With the virus and recession fears, I'm so there will be some cancellations but I don't know how much that is going to matter in SoCal as I feel the amount of orders there surpass the production so far.

Some guy in Florida ordered his and got a delivery schedule the same day, but that seems to have been from either a cancellation or a fluke, either way not the typical. I called the DC up in Seattle and they said they had some customer ones on the way, but couldn't give a timeline.

If you do order, keep us posted as to how quickly you move through the process though.

Reactions: jwuwu
Just got the VIN and scheduled delivery for Friday 10am in Charlotte, NC.

Ordered 01/29/2020 with $ 2,500 down
Prepare for delivery 03/05/2020
Scheduled delivery 03/27/2020

Descripon:

Model Y
Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
Red Mul-Coat Paint
Performance Upgrade
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot

Cancelled FSD 03/20 and decided to order via app and pay with CC to get some points. Financially it is the same since the $ 7,000 have been deducted from my down payment.

Since the SC is 200 miles from my house I was wondering if I can get homelink installed while I am there to pick up the car, anyone has experience with this? I can't believe the MY doesn't come with homelink, my wifes 2018 M3 had it and my MX has it as well.

Descripon:

Model Y
Red Mul-Coat Paint
Performance Upgrade
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot

Cancelled FSD 03/20 and decided to order via app and pay with CC to get some points. Financially it is the same since the $ 7,000 have been deducted from my down payment.

Since the SC is 200 miles from my house I was wondering if I can get homelink installed while I am there to pick up the car, anyone has experience with this? I can't believe the MY doesn't come with homelink, my wifes 2018 M3 had it and my MX has it as well.
Isn’t FSD 1k more expensive post car purchase ? Or is there a time limit to purchase through app ? [no prior Tesla purchase experience here]..thanks

It used to be, seems to be 7k either way for the time being. I'm sure it will increase again before they release city driving.

i asked in another thread without any feedback. anyone else has $6000 FSD option for the Y? I ordered it Oct 2019, so maybe that's before FSD went up to $7k, but it clearly says whether i buy it now (mar 2020) before Y delivery, or even after Y delivery, it will be the same $6k. anyone knows why this is?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    25.8 KB · Views: 66
i asked in another thread without any feedback. anyone else has $6000 FSD option for the Y? I ordered it Oct 2019, so maybe that's before FSD went up to $7k, but it clearly says whether i buy it now (mar 2020) before Y delivery, or even after Y delivery, it will be the same $6k. anyone knows why this is?
I have exactly that showing in my account. I don't believe the fact that it will be $6K (to buy it after delivery) if I decide to take it out before delivery. It is $6K if included as I ordered before the price increase to $7K, same as you did.

I have exactly that showing in my account. I don't believe the fact that it will be $6K (to buy it after delivery) if I decide to take it out before delivery. It is $6K if included as I ordered before the price increase to $7K, same as you did.

ok our situation is slightly different. I did not order it when I order my Y. FSD is still not part of my order. under my acct under this order, however, i have the option to buy FSD now for $6k. it's also showing even if i get the delivery and add FSD post delivery, it will still be $6k. that's why i'm very puzzled. see attached.

btw: wall charger is in stock right now. 11am PST Mar 23. I ordered one. in case anyone else wants one.

Attachments

• capture2.PNG
    capture2.PNG
    62.6 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: frankvb

Descripon:

Model Y
Red Mul-Coat Paint
Performance Upgrade
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot

Awesome! Finally someone in Charleston with the Y. I ordered black, so I might be awhile. Let me know how the process is at the Charlotte location as that's where I'll be picking mine up eventually.

ok our situation is slightly different. I did not order it when I order my Y. FSD is still not part of my order. under my acct under this order, however, i have the option to buy FSD now for $6k. it's also showing even if i get the delivery and add FSD post delivery, it will still be $6k. that's why i'm very puzzled. see attached..
That's interesting, though it would counter what Tesla was telling us, that FSD will gradually get more expensive once more features are enabled.

Awesome! Finally someone in Charleston with the Y. I ordered black, so I might be awhile. Let me know how the process is at the Charlotte location as that's where I'll be picking mine up eventually.
Black probably might take a while now after the factory shutdown. My wife had a MSM Model 3 which we picked up in Charlotte 2018 and I drive a blue Model X (which was home delivery in 2018) therefore I’ll keep it very short on Friday in Charlotte just sign and drive, there probably won’t much to report about, sorry.

I guess so... however we dont have a DD yet... so im not holding my breath... because again, Tesla STILL hasn't said anything about our trade in...whatsoever...

Is your delivery location closed currently due to the virus by chance? Mine is, and I haven't gotten an update on my trade either. I'm guessing because whoever reviews the trades at the delivery location is not working, so no appraisal.

Is your delivery location closed currently due to the virus by chance? Mine is, and I haven't gotten an update on my trade either. I'm guessing because whoever reviews the trades at the delivery location is not working, so no appraisal.
the trades are done in Vegas... so they are currently working, however I dont know what is going on with trade in... apparently it is a huge backup right now....

Looks like they are pretty busy, I have a VIN and a delivery appointment but no MVPA!
I agree with this.... I think they were working until 11:59pm last night before the shutdown takes effect....which mean a lot of people probably have VINs now.. we have our VIN and MVPA but no DD... so you might actually get yours...

and to the person that asked if our DC is closed, we do not know currently. so we shall see what happens.