Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vinfast Impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Electrek review is a bit puzzling to me since the reviewer apparently have never driven a Model 3 or Y (he says it’s the first time he’s ever driven a car without an instrument cluster). I’m a bit skeptical of anyone reviewing an EV but have never driven a Tesla in the same category simply because Tesla is a well established benchmark and a good reference point.
it is almost impossible for a car reviewer to have never driven a tesla my m3 before...

The Electrek review is a bit puzzling to me since the reviewer apparently have never driven a Model 3 or Y (he says it’s the first time he’s ever driven a car without an instrument cluster). I’m a bit skeptical of anyone reviewing an EV but have never driven a Tesla in the same category simply because Tesla is a well established benchmark and a good reference point.
I noticed that too. It's dumbfounding. At first I was wondering if that Electrek writer got a uniquely well sorted example of the VF8 to drive. Nope, they're just uniquely out of touch with automobiles, for someone professionally reviewing them.

Also, I feel Mini deserves a mention in this context for doing the center speedo thing in a decently high volume car long before the Model 3.

if ppl don t remember how many complaints there were w tesla when the ms first came out, mx came out, m3 came out, my came out...

even now weekly there s so many complaints from current tesla owners after over a decade of making ev...

anyway while talkin to my gf about vinfast she mentioned her dad would rather see the vf8 fail in america... this is like a large portion of overseas vietnamese who came to the country after the vn war...

some serious political backlash against vf bc supposedly vf is backed by vn govt...

back to the vf8... i would like to see the car succeed so i can take advantage of their offer to me for free vacation, 3k discount, 7k tech package...

there is so much strong feeling for the car when it s not even currently available for sale other than 2yr lease... the car s only been available for 1 month ever in this country an yet serious hatred buildup out of nowhere other than politics...

here s a vietnamese american guy drivin the city edition all over from socal to sf etc to nevada etc...

you can watch the video in english translation and see he has zero issue w his car except for one mobile service call for no starter?

Last edited:
Much more positive review by Kim Java, although she admitted that Vinfast sponsored her.

Genuine openable sunroof that Tesla no longer has.
Heads-up display that Tesla says is unnecessary when no humans are needed to drive your Tesla...

Reactions: oldsport
Much more positive review by Kim Java, although she admitted that Vinfast sponsored her.

Genuine openable sunroof that Tesla no longer has.
Heads-up display that Tesla says is unnecessary when no humans are needed to drive your Tesla...

ten year warranty is definitely a vote of confidence... great video review... there are other reviews out there where vf s version of autofpilot is on dispaly on california city streets and highways as well...

Review of reviewers:

It went over the issues of:
1. Start up: False
2. Blinkers: False
3. Chimes: True
4. ADAS: True
5. Reverse shudders: False
6. Ride quality: True
7. Acellerting Pedal: True
8. Dead Battery: False

The car came out too fast and early before it was ready, so bugs are expected. It's ideal for bug testers who enjoy seeing how the bugs are fixed along the way.

It does reward bug testers:

• Type 1 issues cause inconvenience(s) that do not impact the use of the vehicle. Eligible customers will receive USD 100 for each Type 1 issue they experience.

• Type 2 issues render a vehicle inoperable. In addition to providing roadside assistance, VinFast will provide eligible customers with USD 300 for each Type 2 issue they experience.

• Type 3 issues require a repair time of more than three days. From the fourth day onward, eligible customers will receive USD 100 for each additional day that their vehicle is being serviced by VinFast.

vf8 convertible

1689833788844.jpeg

i have seen 5 of his videos - he s a spirited guy for sure but quite immature... to call him a journalist is a very extensive offering of title...
I challenge you to name a mature UNBIASED automotive journalist. I don't like Kyle's videos too much, but he is pretty consistent and relatively less influenced by manufacturer's $$$. My claim is there are no journalists anymore (at all), and Kyle is one of better representatives of non-journalists.

I challenge you to name a mature UNBIASED automotive journalist. I don't like Kyle's videos too much, but he is pretty consistent and relatively less influenced by manufacturer's $$$. My claim is there are no journalists anymore (at all), and Kyle is one of better representatives of non-journalists.

the so called journalists are easily placated i agree, but the road warrior type you mentioned above are on the other side of the extreme... tryin to create a name for himself by creating dramatic bs videos... subjective hearsay spread all around sprinkled w a few objective observations... pure entertainment...

There are still neutral journalists, I suppose we all carry our own bias.
I don’t watch a ton of reviews but I have found some well balanced youtubers from Ireland and UK. Maybe because most everything is an import there? Some Germans do excellent reviews but I wouldn’t say unbiased, they are very proud of their domestic cars.
I challenge you to look further, see if Marquis Brownlee seems biased to you.

Last edited:

Vinfast stock VFS is now trading starting today and:

"At one point on Tuesday morning, VinFast shares traded as high as $24, which would have valued the EV start-up, which has not posted a profit, at $55 billion, more than Ford's (F.N) market capitalization at $48 billion."

The founder Phạm Nhật Vượng owns 99% of the shares!

• Funny
Reactions: cwerdna
eod pps 37... nuts

You could have bought the VINFAST (VFS ticker) that got very bad reviews, and you could be rich after the stock fell down 43.84% today to $46.25.

In theory, if you could borrow $250,000 to buy VFS on its opening price of $10.45 for 23923.44498 shares.

Today, after the stock slipped from $82.35 down to $46.25, you still have $1,106,459.33, which is plenty to pay your $250,000 debt back!

1693345395685.png

Note that there's more volume when the price is up (the green bars at the bottom).

When the price is down, like other down days and today, there's less volume (the light blue bars at the bottom).

For this stock, the volume favors high prices so far.

I think when the volume favors low prices, that could mean a sell-off is happening.

I guess things are improved because its range is now 330 miles (up from the initial 179-mile VF8 trims), and its warranty is pretty good:

"The VF 9 also has a competitive warranty of 10 years/125,000 miles for the vehicle and 10 years unlimited mileage for the battery, with mobile repair and rescue services during the warranty period."

That's better than what Tesla used to have 8 year/infinity-mile battery warranty.

And if your car breaks down, you get paid with cash for the repairs during the warranty!

It's just nuts!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056