Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those having trouble logging in...

Tesla is moving users to their new servers a little at a time. These servers are incompatible with VisibleTesla. There is a newer experimental version of VT you can try if you are willing to accept the caveats. You can read about the context here:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...eTesla/page154?p=848346&viewfull=1#post848346

And you can read about the new version here:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...eTesla/page174?p=939004&viewfull=1#post939004

Please read about the potential negative side effects of using the new version before deciding to try it.

Joe

- - - Reply to philgrocks - - -

Are you saying that the same version of VisibleTesla works on one mac but not another? Are they both on the same network? Is one behind a firewall?

Joe
Follow the directions in this post by the author.

There seems to be a bug with this thread whereby I click on the last page, or page 199, but get redirected to page 198. Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: never mind, my post seems to have fixed it as it's now the first post on page 199. Weird that page 199 even existed before I replied...

There seems to be a bug with this thread whereby I click on the last page, or page 199, but get redirected to page 198. Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: never mind, my post seems to have fixed it as it's now the first post on page 199. Weird that page 199 even existed before I replied...

I saw this too.

I had seen this behavior before in another thread. The cause at that time was a post from a relatively new user, which would have been the new post on the next page, but which was somehow moderated away. (The poster was stating that his posts were not being allowed through.) Here's that thread, if you're interested. (I'm linking to about where the issues showed up.) Blackvue 650 - Are only options for rear camera drilling hole or showing cable? - Page 3

I had seen this behavior before in another thread. The cause at that time was a post from a relatively new user, which would have been the new post on the next page, but which was somehow moderated away. (The poster was stating that his posts were not being allowed through.)
One way to experience this scenario is to write a long post (or step away from the computer in the middle of writing). Your session times out (site logs you out automatically due to timeout) but you still appear to be logged in. When you try to submit the post, site responds with an error saying you are not authorized to post. If nothing is done the post gets lost eventually, possibly existing as a phantom (invisible) post for a short period.

As I eventually learned from experience, the correct response is to immediately log in on the error page, and then the post will succeed.

After reading the documentation more carefully, it seems my problems (#1971 and #1972) were primarily or entirely a lack of RTFM. :-( In short, I had "allow sleeping" selected, and was making short trips, many of which fell in the fifteen minute sleep interval. I do have two concrete suggestions that might help others avoid similar problems.

The first is simply to add a FAQ item along the lines of "Q: Why are some of my drives not getting logged?" With an answer something like "A: You may have selected "allow sleeping". See Understanding Sleep Mode for an explanation."

The second is that it would be great to be able to remotely wake VT so that sleeping could be left enabled for those of us who don't live scheduled enough lives to make effective use of the VT scheduler feature, would like to log our trips, but still would prefer to minimize vampire losses. It might be possible for me to cobble something like this together on Mac OS using something like IFTTT -> Dropbox -> launchd -> UI scripting, but better still would be making it a first-class feature. Sadly, no, I don't have code to contribute, although I wouldn't rule it out in the indeterminate future. In the meantime, consider it a feature request.

The second is that it would be great to be able to remotely wake VT so that sleeping could be left enabled for those of us who don't live scheduled enough lives to make effective use of the VT scheduler feature, would like to log our trips, but still would prefer to minimize vampire losses. It might be possible for me to cobble something like this together on Mac OS using something like IFTTT -> Dropbox -> launchd -> UI scripting, but better still would be making it a first-class feature. Sadly, no, I don't have code to contribute, although I wouldn't rule it out in the indeterminate future. In the meantime, consider it a feature request.

I think I've come up with a pretty good solution that works for me.

I'm only allowing my car to sleep between 10:00 PM and 5:00 AM --the Tesla defined times for whatever they are calling that mode these days. So I simply set Visible Tesla, via the scheduler, to enter sleep mode at 10:05 PM and enter Awake mode at 5:05 AM. If I were to take trips in the middle of the night I guess I'd still have recording issues, but since I generally don't do that, this has been working pretty well.

Hi Joe

European spec cars (as seen in EU, Hong Kong, Australia) use a different "rated range" and have the alternative as "typical range" rather than "ideal range"
However the API still uses the terms "ideal_battery_range" and "charge_miles_added_ideal" which the official app then translates to "typical"
If you could check for
"eu_vehicle: true" and rename ideal to typical in your app (and email templates) it would make things a little less confusing :)

Also, VisibleTesla correctly identifies my car as right-hand-drive but the wrong doors are shown as open in the Overview tab (because "df" and "dr" now refer to doors on the right side of the vehicle)
That's only a minor issue for me as my car is normally parked and locked when I'm at the computer looking at VT, and I didn't even realise it was wrong until I did some testing for regoapps

See here for some more detail

First off - finally got around to getting Visible Tesla working. GREAT JOB Joe! I only wish I had been running the telemetry for Refuel 2015 last week, would have been cool to analyze.

To add to the discussion about automating HVAC - here's some possible logic that could be used if you were to utilize a home address(not sure if the "home" address can be gotten through the API), this way you always have enough energy to get home and your car is cool.

if rated_range >= (distanceToHome + arbitrarySafetyBufferAmount) and cabin_temp >80 -:
turnOnHVAC()
elif currently_charging == True and cabin_temp >80:
turnOnHVAC()
else:
notifyUserThatCarIsHotButNotEnoughRangeToJustifyCooling()

There could be a toggle to turn this logic off for when on a Trip away from your normal commute, or it could only parse this logic once when outside your normal commute, and it would only run the checks again when your distanceToHome fell below your rated range. Alternatively, when your distanceToHome exceeds your range, the distanceToHome value could be replaced by distanceToNearestCharger.

So many possibilities - I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

I haven't been able to log in for the past three days. Keeps coming up with "Login Failed" error message. It's worked near flawlessly for the past eight months so I'm at a loss as to how to fix this.
I'm on a Mac, is there any way to reset my username (email address) and password so I can get it to work again?

I finally got around to installing VT on my new desktop, and also can't login. Says my name and PW are incorrect... but I know they are not.

Also, the site makes reference to version .50, but I can't seem to download anything higher than .30

I loved this app when I used it long ago... :(

I haven't been able to log in for the past three days. Keeps coming up with "Login Failed" error message. It's worked near flawlessly for the past eight months so I'm at a loss as to how to fix this.
I'm on a Mac, is there any way to reset my username (email address) and password so I can get it to work again?

I finally got around to installing VT on my new desktop, and also can't login. Says my name and PW are incorrect... but I know they are not.

Also, the site makes reference to version .50, but I can't seem to download anything higher than .30

I loved this app when I used it long ago... :(

Ive posted this before. I believe it probably applies, for both of you:

There were major changes made by Tesla, requiring major changes to Visible Tesla.

You need the version of the software available in this post:

VisibleTesla - Page 174

Edit: This post explains the background: VisibleTesla - Page 154

Edit: I believe the version in the post above is at least one update out of date, but you should be able to find the most recent version from that page, and the version from the page above works.