TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

VisibleTesla

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by jpasqua, Aug 8, 2013.

1. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Active Member

VT was running constantly. Since TeslaFi isn't causing any problems I am going to think my issue was coincidental. I will keep VT offline for a few more days, then bring it back up and see if the problem returns.

2. DanInSunnyFL

DanInSunnyFL Member

So is this dead? I cannot log in - I'm sure I'm using my user ID/email address and correct password.

3. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Active Member

No it still works fine. There is no reason why the existing software, as old as it is, shouldn't continue to operate.

I would double-check your connectivity. The "check your email address" error appears to be a catch-all error any time login fails, including not being able to connect to tesla's servers.

4. DanInSunnyFL

DanInSunnyFL Member

Hmmm, still not logging in (VisibleTesla 0.29.00). This is the same password I log into Tesla.com with, right?

Thanks

5. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

There was a change made to the Tesla servers years ago that broke the login process. Stories about it may or may not be captured in this thread - I don't remember. But the gist of it was that your account would work on the old servers but would suddenly stop working when transferred to the new servers. All of that eventually went away and I think most people either got it working again or gave up trying. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that it may or may not work and have nothing to do what what you are doing on your end. And to answer your question, yes it is the same password for the mobile app and for Tesla.com. Just for kicks, you might try logging out and back in on the mobile app. That might have some effect of letting Tesla know that it really is you and that you know your password.

6. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

That’s a really old version, I think the last one made was 0.57.00 or 0.58.00

7. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

Ooh yes, good catch. I didn't see that.

@DanInSunnyFL - here's the link I posted earlier for the last known good version along with a screen scaling fix for high resolution monitors. Dropbox - VisibleTesla 0.50.07.zip - Simplify your life

8. DanInSunnyFL

DanInSunnyFL Member

Thanks, I didn't make it through all 130 pages, I saw something that said the DB would update. Guess not. The newest version did it.

Hopefully the HVAC preconditioning settings work - still can't believe that's not automatically included.

Thank you both.

9. Roadrunner13

Roadrunner13 Member

Yeap, the HVAC preconditioning is one of its most useful feature that still works!

10. DanInSunnyFL

DanInSunnyFL Member

I'm wondering if I should (& can) delete it. The Tesla app seems much slower now but I have no proof that VisibleTesla is the cause.

I really do like the preconditioning though.

11. Gigi Lemons

Gigi Lemons New Member

I’m new to Tesla. I am loving the spaceship so far- S 100D. Is there a place to look up all staff f the acronyms on this forum? Also had a message on my dash screen about blind spot cameras not working properly. Did software update last night- hopefully this fixed issue. Any advice?

12. dpskipper

dpskipper Developer

Welcome to the family. This is a thread about third party software to let us view our vehicles and I suspect you might be lost.

I'd suggest posting in the teslamotors subreddit or the Model S general forum here about any general queries you have.

13. Pally1

Pally1 New Member

I have the latest version however I am unable to login w the TMC credentials and pw. any help would be appreciated.