Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I installed this latest version again and realized that it's the same scheduling need I had previously that is the issue:

Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to set a recurring scheduling pattern.

My schedule is:

- Charge to 70% at night on weekdays (home charger)
- After 8am I set charge to 90% (get as much charge as I can at work)
- Charge to 90% at night on weekends (home charger, make sure I have enough range for unanticipated travel)

Unfortunately, unless I've missed something, Tesla for Windows only allows single-instance charge event tied to a specific date. There's no way to set a daily/weekly recurring pattern, which I suspect is a more common need for most people rather than having to set a continual series of one-shot events.

So I installed this latest version again and realized that it's the same scheduling need I had previously that is the issue:

Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to set a recurring scheduling pattern.

My schedule is:

- Charge to 70% at night on weekdays (home charger)
- After 8am I set charge to 90% (get as much charge as I can at work)
- Charge to 90% at night on weekends (home charger, make sure I have enough range for unanticipated travel)

Unfortunately, unless I've missed something, Tesla for Windows only allows single-instance charge event tied to a specific date. There's no way to set a daily/weekly recurring pattern, which I suspect is a more common need for most people rather than having to set a continual series of one-shot events.
That is correct. There is no persistent schedule with app reboots. I can implement it though.
Over the course of its development I've had many feature requests but not many for scheduling charging. Send me an email and I'll add it to the list.

That is correct. There is no persistent schedule with app reboots. I can implement it though.
Over the course of its development I've had many feature requests but not many for scheduling charging. Send me an email and I'll add it to the list.
Very cool... I appreciate taking the comment in the manner it was intended: constructive/request.

I'll send you a note... thanks @dpskipper

Incidentally, your "end charge by" feature is unique and cool.. I like it.

I'm considering buying a used Tesla and was wondering if this tool (or something else) would allow me to gain access to how a used Tesla was treated/driven? TIA
Historical data is not available via the Tesla API. You might have some luck asking a Tesla employee to pull logs at a service center but unless you have a good personal relationship with them they often won't.

Anyone still running Visible Tesla on macOS High Sierra ver 10.13.6? If so, are you having any issues with it not logging anything other than the charging data? Everything had been working fine for me up until earlier this month, Mar 6 around 6 pm EDT, when I stopped getting any of the streaming data. I actually have installed VT on an old Windows machine I had sitting around and tried logging a couple days there and also not getting streaming data (vehicle speed, GPS, odometer, etc).

I've not had a software update in 2016 refresh MS90D since Feb 15 (2018.50.6), done multiple reboots of both MCU and IP in my car since then, and has no influence.

I realize VT no longer supported, but I've stayed with it as it meets my needs and I'm one of those that don't really like having my data or credentials on someone's server. Would like to get it working again, but haven't been successful in figuring out.

I'd write my own application, but have to admit it's been just a few years since I've done any serious coding, like Fortran 77 days, so would have a ton of work to get my skills back up to level to build my own application.

Anyone still running Visible Tesla on macOS High Sierra ver 10.13.6? If so, are you having any issues with it not logging anything other than the charging data? Everything had been working fine for me up until earlier this month, Mar 6 around 6 pm EDT, when I stopped getting any of the streaming data. I actually have installed VT on an old Windows machine I had sitting around and tried logging a couple days there and also not getting streaming data (vehicle speed, GPS, odometer, etc).

I've not had a software update in 2016 refresh MS90D since Feb 15 (2018.50.6), done multiple reboots of both MCU and IP in my car since then, and has no influence.

I realize VT no longer supported, but I've stayed with it as it meets my needs and I'm one of those that don't really like having my data or credentials on someone's server. Would like to get it working again, but haven't been successful in figuring out.

I'd write my own application, but have to admit it's been just a few years since I've done any serious coding, like Fortran 77 days, so would have a ton of work to get my skills back up to level to build my own application.
I don't know of many mac supported applications but try out [Mac App] Tapp

Exact same thing with me.
Loved VT for keeping all this info private and local and running it for 3.5 years on Windows continuously.
Streaming data all stopped on same date/time as you, March 6th, 18h00...so your MAC is not at fault!

Some people using Tesla streaming API for other apps also mentioned issues at that date/time so I first posted my issues with VT there:
Model S REST API

I haven't followed everything in that thread because people are discussing both regular REST API and Streaming API so I'm not sure if people have managed to successfully reconnect to the streaming API with some changes or if it's still unavailable to all.

My programming days are quite ways behind (in C, myself) so getting a Java apps rebuild would be an interesting challenge but would also require quite a bit of time. Before trying any of that, I'm just trying to understand that other thread and see if there's an actual solution! :)

Exact same thing with me.
Loved VT for keeping all this info private and local and running it for 3.5 years on Windows continuously.
Streaming data all stopped on same date/time as you, March 6th, 18h00...so your MAC is not at fault!

Some people using Tesla streaming API for other apps also mentioned issues at that date/time so I first posted my issues with VT there:
Model S REST API

I haven't followed everything in that thread because people are discussing both regular REST API and Streaming API so I'm not sure if people have managed to successfully reconnect to the streaming API with some changes or if it's still unavailable to all.

My programming days are quite ways behind (in C, myself) so getting a Java apps rebuild would be an interesting challenge but would also require quite a bit of time. Before trying any of that, I'm just trying to understand that other thread and see if there's an actual solution! :)
The codebase has been untouched for over 3 years. PM for details on my windows project.

I suspect Tesla may be enforcing API throttling again. From what I remember throttling was occurring in the 2015 time period but I haven't heard any complaints since.

My story:

For the last few months, I have had terrible app connectivity. I have tried from multiple devices, with the car both on 3g and WiFi, power saving and always connected on/off (all permutations). Sometimes it takes up to ten minutes to finally connect after multiple retries.

I have been running Visible Tesla 24/7 for the past few years. I had to shut it down yesterday to do some maintenance on my VM. Out of curiosity I decided to check my app and it has been responding normally since I shut VT down.

I will continue to monitor.

I have been running Visible Tesla 24/7 for the past few years. I had to shut it down yesterday to do some maintenance on my VM. Out of curiosity I decided to check my app and it has been responding normally since I shut VT down.

Did you have VT running polling constantly or did you have it go to sleep on a regular basis (e.g. at night)?

I used to have VT run all the time for my Model S, but I setup a sleep schedule at night, so it would only poll every half hour or so. That would minimize the constant API queries (during the day it was every 4 min).

Now I have TeslaFi polling every minute for my Model 3, even at night (though it doesn’t wake the car up if it’s asleep, it just polls vehicle status), but I haven’t had any connectivity issues.