Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VMR V710FF 19" Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 years later after TDave's original post these are still some of the best looking aftermarket wheels IMO. Installed my summer setup this weekend. Thanks everyone for all the pictures and info.

I stuck close to stock with 19x8.5 ET35 235/40/19. I ordered these beginning of the year so I had a lot of time to prep them with CQuartz DLUX coating and Dura-Dressing. The DLUX gave the wheels a bit deeper gray while keeping the matte finish and I definitely like the results. We'll see how well it holds up over the summer.

zTS7KDI.jpg

2 years later after TDave's original post these are still some of the best looking aftermarket wheels IMO. Installed my summer setup this weekend. Thanks everyone for all the pictures and info.

I stuck close to stock with 19x8.5 ET35 235/40/19. I ordered these beginning of the year so I had a lot of time to prep them with CQuartz DLUX coating and Dura-Dressing. The DLUX gave the wheels a bit deeper gray while keeping the matte finish and I definitely like the results. We'll see how well it holds up over the summer.

zTS7KDI.jpg

LOVE those wheels!! Any more pics of the entire car or from an angle to see the dish of the wheels. Also, are you on stock suspension?

Yep, stock suspension. Rear side angle makes the gap look pretty large.

Q6rc19T.jpg

6iWo23S.jpg

That looks great!! Thanks for posting!

Funny, I don't think I've seen any pics of 19" V710 with lowered suspension.
So far those running 19" have stock suspension and those running 20" are lowered.
I am thinking of running a bit wider 19" V710 with lowered suspension and a little more aggressive offset.
Really I would love to run a staggered set up (especially since mine is a RWD), but just not sure yet.

My pics on page 2 have the V710FF in 19x9.5" with 265 tires and lowered suspension as well. It looks pretty dang good/wide from the rear and going even wider with staggered isn't really necessary IMO

Oh, the pics in post 24, 26, & 32 ... I did see those, but 24 was posted by someone else and the 1st pic in post 26 isn't showing up for me. Would you mind sharing any more pics?

Agreed that wider than 265s on 9.5" wheels isn't really necessary and will kill range (I have an SR so I need to watch that a bit more than the LR peeps).
I could go 8.5" in the front and 9.5" in the rear for the staggered look, but I guess I'm just sacrificing ability to rotate and cornering grip.

The rear are tucked under a bit more so running staggered you can pull the rears out a bit more, but maybe just using 5mm spacers in the rear would work. I'd rather not hassle with spacers but then I maintain the ability to rotate.

I assume the V710FF are pretty light since you are using them on the track.

Agreed that wider than 265s on 9.5" wheels isn't really necessary and will kill range (I have an SR so I need to watch that a bit more than the LR peeps).
I could go 8.5" in the front and 9.5" in the rear for the staggered look, but I guess I'm just sacrificing ability to rotate and cornering grip.

Yea you really don't need 265 up front unless you are tracking and you definitely will see some range loss, tho i agree it's nice to be able to rotate the tires.

I think using 5mm spacers in the rear with a square set-up is a great idea to get best of both worlds!

I assume the V710FF are pretty light since you are using them on the track.

They aren't the lightest out there, but they have a high load rating which was important to me given it's such a heavy car. I believe they are about 23 pounds or so and an 1800 pound load rating.

I dont have a ton of other angles unfortunately, but here's a rear pic when i had the prototype unplugged performance carbon bumper installed that shows how they "poke". This is with +33 offset 19x9.5 wheels.
IMG_20190220_074431.jpg

Yea you really don't need 265 up front unless you are tracking and you definitely will see some range loss, tho i agree it's nice to be able to rotate the tires.

I think using 5mm spacers in the rear with a square set-up is a great idea to get best of both worlds!

They aren't the lightest out there, but they have a high load rating which was important to me given it's such a heavy car. I believe they are about 23 pounds or so and an 1800 pound load rating.

I dont have a ton of other angles unfortunately, but here's a rear pic when i had the prototype unplugged performance carbon bumper installed that shows how they "poke". This is with +33 offset 19x9.5 wheels.
View attachment 534770

Thanks for the pic. Post more when you get a chance.

So I could go 8.5" up front and 9.5" in the rear for a staggered look but not range-killing 10"+ in the rear.
Hmmm, I need to save some money!

Here are some photos of my setup if it helps, 235/40/19 Continental Pure Contact LS on VMR 710 in Gunmetal. I have 5mm spacers in the rear and its dropped about 1.25" on MPP comfort coilovers. Took about a 5% range hit compared to the stock aero 18s, ~240 wh/mi over 8k miles.

Attachments

• JL701392.jpg
    JL701392.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 325
  • JL701398.jpg
    JL701398.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 310
  • JL701403.jpg
    JL701403.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 334
  • Love
Reactions: mt09 and fritzner
While I am loving my 3P, I also will never forget a friend who died from a blowout, so I hope everyone is making sure you always keep your tires at 42 PSI or 45 PSI cold, ESPECIALLY if you like to track, or run at 150-162 MPH on open interstate. These 3's are heavy -- 4100 Lbs for 3P, and their tires are skinny (compared to my 3200 Lb C6 Z06 with 325's rear and 285's front, so I am really surprised to not hear of any bad wrecks due to blowouts with Teslas, but I will attribute that to Tesla drivers being more intelligent on aggregate than other car drivers, and for those 5% who track their Teslas, they are meticulous and well versed with air pressures, loads, and high speed driving.

Here are some photos of my setup if it helps, 235/40/19 Continental Pure Contact LS on VMR 710 in Gunmetal. I have 5mm spacers in the rear and its dropped about 1.25" on MPP comfort coilovers. Took about a 5% range hit compared to the stock aero 18s, ~240 wh/mi over 8k miles.

Where did you find those Tesla logos that cover up the VMR branding?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what's the load rating of these wheels? More specifically I mean 19 x 8.5 and 19 x 9.5.
I found a little bit more info about these wheels and wanted to share it here if someone needed it in the future:

KEY FEATURES​

-Special ‘Matte Graphite’ finish​
-Light Weight Flow Formed Construction​
-BBK Friendly​
-High Load Rating (815KG/1797LBS per wheel)​

WHEELS​

VMR V710FF – Matte Graphite​

V710FF FINISHES​

Matte Graphite​

V710FF SIZES​

19×8.5 | 19×9.5 | 19×10.5​

V710FF BOLT PATTERNS​