Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Volvo C40 0-60mph 4.53 seconds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is faster than polestar 2 and even model 3! It's a Volvo, so the top speed is just 112mph.
Would anyone be put off a car by having a top speed of "only" 112mph. I could live with 100 so long as it did not tail off before that and it allowed gearing that gave me noticeably more acceleration where I could actually use it day to day. I have certainly never hit 112 in my M3

Not being funny but does anyone particularly care about acceleration in a car that's already compromised?

Those that do care can buy the Acceleration Boost, or the MYP.

I also do wonder how useable bonkers acceleration is in a family vehicle. Model Xs doing ~3 seconds 0-60 (and faster presumably when Plaid X comes along).. do people have other halfs that enjoy (or allow) that kind of acceleration on a regular basis to make it worthwhile? :)

1646212961320.png

I can't look at that Volvo and not think about those off-brand Duplo / Lego cars..