Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vote on software features/bugs to fix in 7.1 and beyond

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. I saw his suggestions and I like Bjorn but I think ours are much better! Sorry Bjorn.

I watched most of the video. I think we had most of his ideas down already with regards to fixing the center stack odo/range. But with his notoriety and hands on commitment making the videos, id still like to involve him. He also brings the European viewpoint which is valuable as a sales demographic to Tesla. There may be some simple software improvements he has in mind for his region that will throw potential buyers over the edge into ownership.

Last edited:
Five Days Left

5 Days Left

It looks like we are getting a lot of voting activity. If you have not yet voted please take the time to review the ideas/bugs and vote for your priority. Keep in mind that the entire list will be used and you can vote for as many different ideas/bugs as you want.

Please don't just vote for the top ideas. Start from the bottom of the list if you want to make sure you are getting through it all.

Here is a refresher on the categories. Please do your best to stick with the categories! Try to avoid the miscellaneous category and remember this is about software, not hardware.

MediaPlayer:
Autopilot
Battery&Charging
Navigation
User Interface
Miscellaneous

The TM forums are completely dead with regards to this topic. Not sure if it's just because there are only fanbois on there or if the owners are totally apathetic and don't care. Regardless, TMC and Reddit seem to be the main sources funneling into the system right now.
I did not know the TM forums were even still active. Without moderation or organized threads, it was not very pleasant to visit.

The TMC moderators keep this THE place to be for Tesla Owners.

3 Days Left

3 Days Left

It looks like we are getting a lot of voting activity. If you have not yet voted please take the time to review the ideas/bugs and vote for your priority. Keep in mind that the entire list will be used and you can vote for as many different ideas/bugs as you want.

Please don't just vote for the top ideas. Start from the bottom of the list if you want to make sure you are getting through it all.

Here is a refresher on the categories. Please do your best to stick with the categories! Try to avoid adding ideas to the miscellaneous category and remember this is about software, not hardware.

MediaPlayer:
Autopilot
Battery&Charging
Navigation
User Interface
Miscellaneous

Last edited:
21 Hours Left

Here is a refresher on the categories. Please do your best to stick with the categories! Try to avoid adding ideas to the miscellaneous category and remember this is about software, not hardware.

MediaPlayer:
Autopilot
Battery&Charging
Navigation
User Interface
Miscellaneous

I'm starting to see several items duplicated which tells me that within the current contributor subset, we have come up with all the idea we can come up with. This is actually a good thing as it means that the scope is definable, finite, and actually doable. My fear was handing over some monster to Tesla where they would just look at it and say it was too broad. I also know that several of the ideas listed are already slated for further testing and/or release in 7.1, so our thinking is absolutely on the right track with Tesla's on at least a few items. I've been trying to peruse each category every few days to make sure I vote on new ideas from others I side with. I also try to add pros/cons where I can. I hope others can take a few minutes to do the same. Thanks.

I'm starting to see several items duplicated which tells me that within the current contributor subset, we have come up with all the idea we can come up with. This is actually a good thing as it means that the scope is definable, finite, and actually doable. My fear was handing over some monster to Tesla where they would just look at it and say it was too broad. I also know that several of the ideas listed are already slated for further testing and/or release in 7.1, so our thinking is absolutely on the right track with Tesla's on at least a few items. I've been trying to peruse each category every few days to make sure I vote on new ideas from others I side with. I also try to add pros/cons where I can. I hope others can take a few minutes to do the same. Thanks.

Yes, very much agree. I too have been getting on and going back through the complete list every few days, and did that again this morning. My additional hope is everyone remains critical in their voting... "What in your opinion, really would make a difference?", and each of us draw a line where it makes sense to us to cast a positive vote or not, and no one tries to be in the top 10 as to who has voted the most -- IMHO, that does not prove much and potentially diminishes the value of what we're trying to do as a whole.

I really appreciate the time everyone has taken on this, and remain hopeful Tesla will as well.

vent selection icon:

cCdd0b8.png

Assuming the vent selection is left on "Auto", The arrow will point to the "head" when A/C is on. The arrow will point to the "foot" when heater is on. If both arrows are displayed, then it's probably blending both A/C and heat.

You can try this out by adjusting the temp 1-degree at a time up and down and you should see this behavior.

It'd be nice if the arrows changed color

white for fan only (unheated, uncooled air)

blue for AC (dark blue when compressor is on, light blue when selected but not currently drawing extra power)

red for heat (dark red when heat is on, light red when selected but not currently drawing extra power)

blue top and red bottom for mixed (with light blue / dark blue / light red / dark red as appropriate per above suggestions).

Voting complete

There is a lot of summarizing and categorization left to do. The data set is pretty comprehensive with a bunch of great ideas. Thank you everyone for helping to pull it together.

For now, you can see the raw results right on the website using the same links as before.

MediaPlayer:
Autopilot
Battery&Charging
Navigation
User Interface
Miscellaneous

The data in excel form is available at the below links...

excel-11-15-15 4-03 PM-tricider.xls - Google Drive
excel-11-15-15 4-06 PM-tricider.xls - Google Drive
excel-11-15-15 4-05 PM-tricider.xls - Google Drive
excel-11-15-15 4-06 PM-tricider (1).xls - Google Drive
excel-11-15-15 4-07 PM-tricider.xls - Google Drive
excel-11-15-15 4-04 PM-tricider.xls - Google Drive

Hey all, big thanks from me as well for all the ideas and the participation. Korben and I have been working on both the data (him actually) and the publicity, if you can call it that, for the results. We just did a little blurb for Teslarati that they might throw up on their page. I'm hoping that will get this thread hopping with the sentiments of people who did not participate the first time. What I'm expecting to see is "oh yeah, I've always thought XXXX was a great idea". Maybe then we package it up all nice and throw a finished product Tesla's way. Suggestions are welcome on this last part, thanks again.

Thanks for all the work pulling this together. I would suggest sending it to Elon's office. Either he loves the great idea and directs it to the appropriate place in Tesla's planning process, or he hates it, in which case it probably wouldn't go anywhere anyway. And hopefully you'll get feedback on whether this is worth repeating periodically.

Beyond that make sure he knows how many people participated. While the group is self selected and only a small fraction of all owners, it is big enough to command some respect.

Thanks for all the work pulling this together. I would suggest sending it to Elon's office. Either he loves the great idea and directs it to the appropriate place in Tesla's planning process, or he hates it, in which case it probably wouldn't go anywhere anyway. And hopefully you'll get feedback on whether this is worth repeating periodically.

Beyond that make sure he knows how many people participated. While the group is self selected and only a small fraction of all owners, it is big enough to command some respect.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think we have a route to get it near Elon, we'll see. We are going to get the analysis part done so the graphs can be generated. Elon and the rest of Tesla have limited time, and sexy charts will go a long way to making the information easily digestible. And if he wants the raw data, it's there one layer down.

Great job!

Hear hear. Great article supratachophobia!

For those of you who want the initial, and very high level, summary you can click the image below. It was an amazing coincidence that while generating the word cloud the word "speed" was the most prevalent. I swear I did not purposefully tweak it. Can you guess what car silhouette was used for the graphic?

modelsdatagraph.png

There are a lot of interesting correlations and connections in the data. It is going to take some time to go through them.

I do want to warn everyone again that sometimes those things we desire the most are the most difficult to implement. That said, solving a bunch of the simple challenges will go a long way in driving satisfaction as well. For me, it works best to treat releases that address my requests as a pleasant surprise.