Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VW will trample tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, it would be good for the environment should VW deliver on the CEO's commitment. Oh Yea, same company that the prior CEO said diesel line up was the environmentally alternative to Gasoline vehicles.

If they can product an affordable EV, Battery GigaFactory and Charge network by 2020 -- more power to them. That will catch up to Tesla today. With the latest climate warning of just 12 years before we hit the "Tipping Point", I hope this isn't more vaporware we have hear for years. We need one of the largest manufacturers to step up.
Hey, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you :)

Seriously, VW is making the largest investment of any of the OEMs toward electrification. It may be enough, but I doubt it. All of the OEMs are dead men walking.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and Brando
Hey, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you :)

Seriously, VW is making the largest investment of any of the OEMs toward electrification. It may be enough, but I doubt it. All of the OEMs are dead men walking.
Who would believe VW?? I have a clean diesel box to sell you if you do.
Just send $250 non-refundable deposit and I'll mail it to you and you can clean up diesel engine of yours.:cool:

I went to look at the Tesla model 3 last week. Looked like a really nice car, but it will for sure not fulfill my/the familys needs as the familys only car. (No good back seats, no way to extend cargo capacity - no hitch or roof mount). So unfortunately i am going to ditch my reservation.

On the other hand, there appears to be interesting cars in the VAG pipeline, and others too;
New Skoda Vision E concept review
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/103133/best-new-cars-for-2020-and-beyond/page/0/1

I went to look at the Tesla model 3 last week. Looked like a really nice car, but it will for sure not fulfill my/the familys needs as the familys only car. (No good back seats, no way to extend cargo capacity - no hitch or roof mount). So unfortunately i am going to ditch my reservation.

On the other hand, there appears to be interesting cars in the VAG pipeline, and others too;
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/103133/best-new-cars-for-2020-and-beyond/page/0/1
What's wrong with the back seats?

Are you positive there is no way to attach a roof-rack or install a hitch? I'll do some research.
Future 3rd party hitch options for Model 3?

Model 3 Roof Rack
1128114-00-C_0.jpg

5D2EFCA1-2618-4B35-8F46-80837282205B.jpeg

Reactions: Matt L

I hope a Tesla sales associate didn't tell you there was no way to extend cargo capacity.

Hard to compare a press release with an actual production car. VW does really good press releases. The actual EVs that they are producing are few and fairly pathetic.

good for you - buy what works for you next - three years many new offers promised - we shall see

That Skoda looks a lot like the upcoming Tesla Model Y, which will probably hit the market earlier as it's based on the Model 3 platform.

Who would believe VW?? I have a clean diesel box to sell you if you do.
Just send $250 non-refundable deposit and I'll mail it to you and you can clean up diesel engine of yours.:cool:

The companies who've just been caught with their hand in the cookie jar are often the cleanest, cause they need to clean up their mess. It's the ones getting away with stuff and never getting caught or audited are the ones you need to worry about...

• Disagree
Reactions: Brando
"I went to look at the Tesla model 3 last week. Looked like a really nice car, but it will for sure not fulfill my/the familys needs as the familys only car. (No good back seats, no way to extend cargo capacity - no hitch or roof mount). So unfortunately i am going to ditch my reservation."

Sounds like you really wanted an X or maybe a Y. The 3 is a great car for small family, friend has 6 and 4 year old and a Model 3. Roof rack holds Mom and Dad bikes, hitch rack for kids bikes. Kids don't go riding as often and the roof rack allows easy trunk access which is why they went that way. There is a kind of co-op thing where five families take turns with all the kids so each couple can have weekends to themselves pretty often. But for every 4 weekends off you have one with 8-10 kids.

Reactions: Michel3
I think of the ~300,000 VW diesel cars sitting in parking lots.
I had a 2013 Passat Tdi and thought it was a great car, very economical, comfortable, roomy and good handling, (Shame on VW for misleading us with these polluters!) I waited until we took delivery of our model 3 to start the return process to VW (got 25k for a 30k car with 100k miles, not bad) so our Passat basically sat in the driveway for 6 weeks until we had an appointment to return the car, after getting used to the model 3 then getting into the Passat to drive the 6 miles to the dealership for the buyback I was shocked at how antiquated the car felt, I had put 100k miles on that car in 5 1/2 years, it always felt great, I liked it better than my wife's 2014 535d for comfort and I could not image how it could feel so foreign and feeble after such a short time out of it, This is how good the model 3 is!

Jayz
I own 2 VWs. I read about the scandal one or two years ago. But I never got how they would affect me. still don't.

Guess what the scandal did effect me, and VW not only bought back my car at a substantial profit to myself, but the follow on settlement check paid for a 240v subpanel in my garage along with two 14-50 NEMA outlet installations. It cost VW tens of billions and they’re still paying. Part of the settlement was funding electrifyamerica, why do you think they’re going all in on EVs? Maybe because of the influence of companies like Tesla? Sure as hell isn’t because of their corporate moral duty to their customers.