Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WA State EV Sales Tax Exemption Updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The document says, they were not counting Leaf '18, Model 3 & Pacifica, which they fixed.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/docs/estimated-number-of-eligible-vehicles.pdf
interesting that the report is generated based on all registered vehicles, not specifically tied back to the tax exemptions used. I wonder if every one of those buyers actually got the $32,000 exemption. I would think most car buyers (and dealers) are not aware of the exemption on some of those models and could have paid the full tax.
All VIN keys used were provided by our vendor or derived from eligible vehicles found in the DOL database.

does this mean if someone moved to WA with a leaf they purchased in another state in 2016 and registered it here, that it shows up as an
eligible vehicle in the DOL database?

Got it. I can see that happening with very low volume plugins - though there are not that many in our state (compared to CA).

I'd say the larger volume ones Nissan, Chevy, BMW dealer finance guys would definitely know.
Vancouver Chevy guy had no idea of either the state or federal tax credit!! Did offer lifetime lube for $1,399! Coolant at 150,000 was only service actually required.

Vancouver Chevy guy had no idea of either the state or federal tax credit!! Did offer lifetime lube for $1,399! Coolant at 150,000 was only service actually required.
I should say - Seattle metro area ones. If they sell one a month, they are unlikely to know much - but if they sell daily, they will know.

For many years, Leaf was the highest selling model of many local Nissan dealers here. So they have become very EV friendly (my nearest Nissan dealer has half a dozen QC stations).

Was that the earliest available slot, or the earliest you can do?

Anyone know where Bellevue deliveries happen? Not sure if it's Bell Square or in the service center thing (which I think is over by Harbor Freight?).
Back of service / sales center off ne 20th (next turn in after harbor freight if you’re com8ng from 148th). Had Tesla’s from SoDo and Bellevue Pick-up. The M3 Pick-up being in groups was ok, though was a surprise to us.

Tesla, 14408 NE 20th St, Bellevue, WA 98007
Google Maps

• Informative
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
I have a VIN!!!!!! 188XX

Now for the next stage of anxious waiting... Anyone recently scheduled a delivery date in WA? I'm wondering how far out they are now, seems they will be struggling with the [awesome] push by Tesla to fill WA orders before the credit expires.

In case you did want to know:

Model 3 Invites Spreadsheet #1
<< New link as of 3 May

Model 3 Invites Spreadsheet #2 << New link as of 3 May

Model 3 Invites Spreadsheet #3 << New link as of 3 May

Model 3 Invites Spreadsheet #4 << New link as of 3 May

Model 3 Invites Spreadsheet Published Web Version (Loads faster but no 'All Entries' tab)

Or the website version: Model 3 Invites Website

I just got a VIN and scheduled a delivery immediately after.

Config 5/2/2018
VIN 5/7/2018
Delivery scheduled 5/7/2018
Pending delivery 5/19/2018

The ways of Tesla are mysterious.

I configured more than 4 weeks before okashira. I got my VIN more than a week earlier. But I have no info on delivery yet. In another thread, somebody else that lives near me and ordered the exact same configuration just scheduled delivery - and his order and VIN assignment were also both well after mine. Same story for zmarty several posts ago.

I was at the service/delivery center this morning, so I asked somebody if there was a way to schedule the delivery now. As soon as they heard it was less than 6 weeks since my order, they shut me down - I have to wait for a call. They can't guarantee it will be before May 31, even though I ordered it more than 7 weeks before the deadline and WA is supposedly "prioritized".

Well, I've heard of people calling in to schedule delivery, and my account info online has a phone number if I "need help right away". So I called...and got a recording saying they have so many calls they can't answer; I should go visit a store or service center. Well, I already tried that.

So I went out to the lot to look at VINs of the cars out there. There was one car identical to mine with a 16,9xx VIN showing it had been built 7 cars after mine. And there were several cars identical to mine with VINs of 19,xxx. Why are cars identical to mine, but built up to 2,500 cars later, already here when mine apparently hasn't shipped yet? I could make sense of this if the cars were different...but they are exactly the same.

Odd. Not a big deal (yet), as I am not in a hurry for the car...that is, until May 31. But odd.

Last edited:

I configured more than 4 weeks before okashira. I got my VIN more than a week earlier. But I have no info on delivery yet. In another thread, somebody else that lives near me and ordered the exact same configuration just scheduled delivery - and his order and VIN assignment were also both well after mine.

I was at the service/delivery center this morning, so I asked somebody if there was a way to schedule the delivery now. As soon as they heard it was less than 6 weeks since my order, they shut me down - I have to wait for a call. They can't guarantee it will be before May 31, even though I ordered it more than 7 weeks before the deadline and WA is supposedly "prioritized".

Well, I've heard of people calling in to schedule delivery, and my account info online has a phone number if I "need help right away". So I called...and got a recording saying they have so many calls they can't answer; I should go visit a store or service center. Well, I already tried that.

So I went out to the lot to look at VINs of the cars out there. There was one car identical to mine with a 16,9xx VIN showing it had been built 7 cars after mine. And there were several cars identical to mine with VINs of 19,xxx. Why are cars identical to mine, but built up to 2,500 cars later, already here when mine apparently hasn't shipped yet? I could make sense of this if the cars were different...but they are exactly the same.

Odd. Not a big deal (yet), as I am not in a hurry for the car...that is, until May 31. But odd.

When did you reserve? I reserved March 31 2016. And my config invite was actually like 3 weeks ago.
Could also be my config matched one that was already manufactured. When I called my sales woman, she said it was already in transit.

I configured more than 4 weeks before okashira. I got my VIN more than a week earlier. But I have no info on delivery yet.
So, your ISA has not emailed or called you yet to finalize any payment info? Mine emailed me the day after I was assigned a VIN, and she has been very responsive. Once I had her contact info I only emailed and called her directly. It took a couple days to iron out payment and then I got my delivery date scheduled through her.