Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just realised that it has been 3 weeks since I last reached out to Tesla to hassle them about my car, so I sent another email today asking to confirm rumours of a January 2020 delivery. Interesting that since I last contacted them, that [email protected] has gained an auto-responder to remind the sender about the FAQ pages.

Worth remembering that the original projection when I ordered on in June was August, it is currently the 76th of August, which I am pretty sure is not an actual valid date.

Just realised that it has been 3 weeks since I last reached out to Tesla to hassle them about my car, so I sent another email today asking to confirm rumours of a January 2020 delivery. Interesting that since I last contacted them, that [email protected] has gained an auto-responder to remind the sender about the FAQ pages.

Worth remembering that the original projection when I ordered on in June was August, it is currently the 76th of August, which I am pretty sure is not an actual valid date.

I emailed them yesterday and didn't get an auto reply. Also spoke to Chadstone who confirmed the delivery algorithm is the only one who knows the whereabouts of my car. Car has now been in Oz for 2 months either collecting dust or getting fixed.

Acceleration is virtually identical, but the P3D+ model has a higher top speed (261km/h vs around 250 km/h). The P3D+ model also has much larger brakes which will perform better under track conditions.

On the road, I suspect that the difference is going to be minimal. It may even be that the P3D- model is a far more streetable performance car because of the 18" wheels (vs. 20").
And based on Bjorn Nylon's video, they would not update the software to increase the top speed until you have that black spoiler stuck on. Back in the earlier days, you would get the P+ without the spoiler due to shortage.

Yep i emailed them also!!! See who gets an answer first!

I just had a reply from Tesla stating that the Sales team in NZ and Australia were informed yesterday that further deliveries are not likely until November. No reason given as apparently they haven’t been told why you the factory, so my September estimated delivery will now likely be November at the earliest.

I feel sorry for the local staff, apparently this news came out of the blue yesterday and the staff had still been telling people October deliveries as stated on the website were possible as that is what they were told.

You just have to wonder what is going on, all USA deliveries are severely delayed and people are being told that is because of the backlog of international deliveries that need to be cleared and now it looks as though October is pretty much a write-off for any meaningful deliveries in Australaisia.

How do they so consistently give out the wrong information and woefully misjudge the delivery timings?

Tesla got back to me, and seem to be still sticking to delivery in the second half of November. Basically we are still getting completely mixed messages from Tesla representatives. At a minimum, we can be assured that the chances of there being long range model 3s of any kind on the last few ships must be very slim indeed.

Edit: Assuming that they manage to deliver by November 21st, that will equate to 1322 days since my (now obviously pointless) reservation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oli C
Tesla got back to me, and seem to be still sticking to delivery in the second half of November. Basically we are still getting completely mixed messages from Tesla representatives. At a minimum, we can be assured that the chances of there being long range model 3s of any kind on the last few ships must be very slim indeed.

I just checked the order page, and it is now showing "Late November" when you create a new order.