Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is extremely lucky in every respect. The cars didn't exit the port until the 15th. You skipped hundreds of cars in the queue.

That's what we thought too. We were told the car came in on Friday (13th) and would be unloaded across the weekend. On Monday they said it was done and booked us in.

Veda, if I gave you the VIN would you be able to confirm which boat it came in on?

That's what we thought too. We were told the car came in on Friday (13th) and would be unloaded across the weekend. On Monday they said it was done and booked us in.

Veda, if I gave you the VIN would you be able to confirm which boat it came in on?

Sorry, I won't be able to do it via the forum as I have a commercial funding aspect to this now with all of the ongoing research I do so cannot promote it on TMC. You will need to google Vedaprime to search the options available and take it from there.

Reactions: JasonV
Sorry, I won't be able to do it via the forum as I have a commercial funding aspect to this now with all of the ongoing research I do so cannot promote it on TMC. You will need to google Vedaprime to search the options available and take it from there.

That's fine. I was offering to help you polish your tracking techniques as you were off with delivery dates and ships coming in. We have the car now anyway so no need for further tracking.

Reactions: Vedaprime
Has there been any word on deliveries now that the facotry has closed? I've missed the last boat so was expecting a 2Q delivery, but now the factory has closed I have no idea what is going to happen. Tesla here in Melbourne appear to have no idea either.

Has there been any word on deliveries now that the facotry has closed? I've missed the last boat so was expecting a 2Q delivery, but now the factory has closed I have no idea what is going to happen. Tesla here in Melbourne appear to have no idea either.
No word yet. I will know when Australian production starts when the containers start filling. I heard upgrades are going to happen in the downtime.

So wrapping up the Tassie ordering experience and providing some first day thoughts - Ordered in early December, received today - Picked up at Searoad Logistics in Glenorchy (office at front of building since another couple picking up their Tesla 3 did the same thing we did and went to the Operations area) - Could have waited 1 extra day for home delivery but...

Seems quite a few 3's have arrived in the state with 3 today sitting in a row ready to be picked up with practically the same number plates - To accept car, you simply reply "YES" to Tesla via email to say you've got the car and trigger your Tesla app going into "I got a car" mode and the car not giving you a warning about a pickup (not immediately, but about 30 minutes later), but with the key card - you're good to go anyway - They do contact you to see if you have any questions (NZ Tesla contacted us which was different) - 85% charged with 10km on the Odometer (very happy with this).

FYI - Car was pretty dirty on the outside (dust and some bird poop) most likely from being in transit for so long, and the driver side floor still having protective plastic on the floor with dry dirt on it (but also underneath it) - Not an issue, but just as an FYI - Guessing that is the difference with pickup in Tassie. Super clean now anyway...

In terms of quality - Did notice a funny sound when back right door closes which I might get checked out - Also not sure how straight the top glass panel should be (definitely not centred correctly but not actually an issue from what I can tell in these early stages).
Autopilot is scary as hell to begin with (takes about 40km to figure itself out before it can be used, but probably wait more to get a true experience I'm guessing and avoid motion sickness - more in that in a second), though not really much highway driving to use it on here. One annoying aspect is it thinks the highway near me is 40 for a km instead of 60!).

Cruise control (not autopilot) is interesting on slower streets - Even if you're comfortable going 50 around a slight bend, or with a car approaching, slightly crossing the lane to avoid bicycles - it may just suddenly slow down (software version is currently 2020.4.1).
Oh - And surprisingly - got a little motion sickness with everything going on so definitely recommend just driving and easing into the whole experience. After watching so many videos while waiting for delivery - on the day, you seem to forget everything (guessing it's because you are trying to not crash the car as a priority).

A few notes on accessories:

Taptes wireless charger - worked a treat (especially like the bonus usb-c cable for an even faster charge when required.

Australian Made Floor mats from ebay fitted perfectly, look good, feel good - Though the Executive Black was a fraction lighter colour than the Tesla black (just so you know - not an issue and highly recommended)

Taptes Door Release Button Stickers - Seems to be useless and they don't seem to stick - though this was delivered pretty early after they started work again after stopping for the Virus so whatever...

Anyway, now to simply enjoy it to go food shopping and back while we wait this Virus out...(and maybe watching Netflix somewhere with a view under the stars)...

Has there been any word on deliveries now that the facotry has closed?

From other forums a few cancellations so people have been getting calls for immediate delivery.

Otherwise they can't tell you until the factory restarts which is out of there hands. If it's a couple of months suspect they will just do US orders to get quarterly deliveries as high as possible, and then do the normal RHD production at the start of the following quarter.

But who knows how long Covid-19 will last

Things happened very quickly today. Early Jan order of Red SR+ but no invoice.
Emailed Delivery yesterday to ask what’s happening.
Invoice arrived today and pick up set for Sunday at Richmond.
Sent money straight away and paid insurance quote. [Suncorp $895]
Bingo, phone call around midday.......
Can you pick up today?
No chance we said. Tongue in cheek, asked can you deliver?
YES. How about 2.30 today?
Brilliant response.
Very happy with finish, build quality and delivery hand over.
Wife is grinning.
And I get my White SR+3 back.
Next task, setting up 2 cars with 2 different drivers and their phones.

Moskito

Yeah, so I had an existing reservation that I finally pulled the trigger to convert to an order Thursday night. Friday I got the call that it is ready. So quick I hadn't even submitted my finance application yet! I am currently in self isolation and waiting finance approval so I won't be able to get it that quick.

Things happened very quickly today. Early Jan order of Red SR+ but no invoice.
Emailed Delivery yesterday to ask what’s happening.
Invoice arrived today and pick up set for Sunday at Richmond.
Sent money straight away and paid insurance quote. [Suncorp $895]
Bingo, phone call around midday.......
Can you pick up today?
No chance we said. Tongue in cheek, asked can you deliver?
YES. How about 2.30 today?
Brilliant response.
Very happy with finish, build quality and delivery hand over.
Wife is grinning.
And I get my White SR+3 back.
Next task, setting up 2 cars with 2 different drivers and their phones.

Moskito
What's your location please banana0692?