Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting for delivery text...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last communication I had from Tesla was the “delivery brought forward to 7-20 August” text, received on 1st August.

Was on holiday and out of the country until yesterday so very glad that I didn’t get the short notice delivery text as of yet. But holiday is over and I’m home now, so I am joining those impatiently waiting for the text, assuming it’s still within the remaining part of the delivery window which is now 13-20 August. Checked my account today and:

No final invoice yet.
And
The VIN that has been present in my source code since mid July has now disappeared :eek:

Confused....Yep.

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
I emailed [email protected] this morning to query my delivery timeframe within the advised window of 7-20 August and got the following automated response. Some useful info in it so thought it worth sharing:

Thank you for your email and we do apologies for the lack of contact from a Tesla rep. We have had a high volume of calls and emails owing to the Model 3's arrival.

With all correspondence, please use your RN number.

Delivery date:

An automated email/text with your delivery date will be sent to you 24/48 hours before delivery. You will receive a delivery-week window, this is an estimation. Your Model 3 may arrive earlier or later depending on site availability.

Not available for allocated delivery date:

If your are not available to take delivery in due time, please respond to your automated message stating this. A delivery adviser will contact you, to reschedule your appointment at a later date.

Ship/Vessel allocation:

Tesla will not inform clients on which ship your model 3 is travelling.

Registration information:

Your registration will be provided to you 24/48 hours before delivery.

Insurance:

As you will only receive your registration information a 24/48 hours before delivery and insurance companies need the Reg detail, we recommenced calling the Insurance provider and locking in a price. Once you receive the reg details, call in to allocate your model 3 to the insurance.

VIN:

VIN matched Model 3's can expect to take delivery from the 10th of August onward. VINs may change owing to vehicle availability. If you have not been VIN matched, not to worry, we are VIN matching vehicle everyday and will be allocating you a VIN when we have your match.

Payment details:

Payment can only be received via bank transfer. Details below.

Entity Name Tesla Motors Limited
Bank Branch Citibank - Canary Wharf
Account title Tesla Motors Limited
Account No 1755 9860
IBAN No GB47CITI18500817559860
Sort Code 18 – 50 – 08
BIC / SWIFT CITIGB2L

Invoice:

When your VIN is matched, Tesla will send your invoice to your MyTesla account. If you have a invoice issue, please email [email protected].

When to Pay:

Once the invoice is received and/or you have spoken to a Delivery adviser to confirm the amount payable. Payment should be sent at least 24 hours before delivery. A delivery adviser will be in touch, in the event the funds have not been paid.

Modify order:

Send an email to [email protected] with the exact specification you would like to change have your model 3.

Cancellation:

Sorry to hear that you are considering a cancellation. To action a cancellation please provide the information below.

RN Number:
Account holder name:
Account number:
Sort Code:

For other FOQ please visit the links below.

Tesla Delivery: Articles tagged "Delivery" | Tesla UK

New Owner: New Owner Frequently Asked Questions

Kind Regards,
Delivery GB

Having not heard anything other than a cursory call in mid July to confirm details I have suddenly had a delivery appointment come through for this Thursday! Which is great apart from i) I'm working, ii) some of my money requires a few days' notice to withdraw, iii) I have not even started lining up insurance and iv) I don't have a final invoice. Exactly 3 month's since I ordered with no info and then 3 days' notice....panic!

Got a text and then an email today to confirm I have a collection slot for Edinburgh this Friday - I only ordered the car on July 23rd.

I did call a sales advisor at the Edinburgh SC and he confirmed my collection slot and also provided me with my reg to proceed with getting insurance sorted.

I have no final invoice or any new documents in my account so not sure how to make/wire
final payment of deposit etc - Can anyone provide some info or guidance on this?

Reactions: Roy W.
P
Got a text and then an email today to confirm I have a collection slot for Edinburgh this Friday - I only ordered the car on July 23rd.

I did call a sales advisor at the Edinburgh SC and he confirmed my collection slot and also provided me with my reg to proceed with getting insurance sorted.

I have no final invoice or any new documents in my account so not sure how to make/wire
final payment of deposit etc - Can anyone provide some info or guidance on this?

Promising indeed How did you order? Lease?? That is very fast

P

Promising indeed How did you order? Lease?? That is very fast

I ordered via Tesla website with no previous reservation and applied via Blackhorse for PCP.

I suspect I got someone else’s car who maybe couldn’t make collection on Friday... just my hunch!

Now I just need to know how I get a final invoice and then look to transfer the balance required before pickup.

Was not ideal timing as I had to book flights and a ferry today to bring car back to N.Ireland on Friday... also not due to get my home charger installed until next week at the earliest so we will see how this pans out.

I managed to reschedule my delivery for when we return from our hols in 12 days time.
Very nice chap said it would be the same car as shown on the final invoice.
Which is nice...

How did you do that?
Did you call them to ask for that or was it the delivery call the day before the one set by Tesla? Or..?

After telling them that I was on holiday for 2 weeks I even lost my VIN in my tesla account...:/

How did you do that?
Did you call them to ask for that or was it the delivery call the day before the one set by Tesla? Or..?

After telling them that I was on holiday for 2 weeks I even lost my VIN in my tesla account...:/

I couldn't get through to them so I waited until they called me, the day before the scheduled delivery date.
They didn't seem surprised or concerned about the delay and it was easily rescheduled.
(I had already paid in full but I don't know whether that influenced the situation)

Reactions: Roy W.