Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting on Drafting Contract

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I will start a thread on for folks waiting on the "Drafting Contract" phase. Hopefully it is not a redundant thread.

Please add your dates since when you are on that phase, and when you received your VIN

Draft Phase - 04/06/2020
VIN Assign - ??

Ordered ext white / int Black on 2/2/20
Drafting phase 3/23/20
Got a call from the local Tesla dealer on March 28th telling me the car is here, when would I like it to be delivered (scheduled to the 31st)- Couple of hours later- he called again to tell me about the error in the system :-(
Last week I upgraded to FSD
No VIN

Reactions: Jaycha2
Ordered LR MSM 20" on 2/15
Received email and text from SA to fill everything out on 3/13
Finished everything on 3/15
Received 3 texts from 3/15-3/28 stating delivery will happen by 3/31
As of today (4/8)....no VIN, nothing....
I texted my SA a few times after 3/31.....no respond whatsoever

Gotta love the A+ customer service!

Ordered ext white / int Black 19" on 3/18/20
Drafting phase 3/23/20
Nothing since.

Girlfriend had one on order, she got a call that white interior was a no go for now and to place another order for black. We did and got moved along to drafting contract. above is the NEW order, the old RN nothing has happened like it did with the New order.

LR AWD, FSD, 19" Gemini wheels, white exterior, black interior
Original Oder Date - 01/01/20
Changed Order Date - 03/06/20 (changed from white to black interior)
Draft Phase - 03/19/2020
VIN Assign - ??

Called my Costa Mesa, CA Delivery Center today (04/09/20) and got a bit more clarity. While they couldn't say when I'd get a call/email/VIN, I asked if they still have finished MY vehicles on site at Fremont that they are continuing to ship that might include mine, or if I'd likely have to wait until the factory re-opens for a new MY to be finished. She said it should be the former scenario rather than the latter. She confirmed that they are continuing to receive vehicles from Fremont and continuing to do virtual deliveries. So it gave me a little hope that it may be coming within weeks rather than months. We'll see if that hope is warranted.

Reactions: frankvb and Jaycha2