Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in VA have a car coming in from Texas this week? I have a VIN with a factory date of May 11. Don't know if it's a faster arrival because of it coming from Giga Austin but my current EDD is May 16-23. What are the chances of me being able to pick up this week?

Last edited:
NW Florida about the same time . . . Hoping for a VIN this week . . .

Model Y LR / Midnight Silver Exterior / Black White Interior / 5 seats
SRB, FL
OD: 4/24
EDD: 5/3-5/17
EDD2: May-Jun
EDD3: May 17 - June 14
Financing: None
VIN: NA
MYP Midnight Silver, Black Interior, 5 seats:
I'm picking up Saturday in South Florida
OD: 4/30
EDD: May 2023
EDD2: 5/18 - 5/25
VIN: 5/5

Got an email to schedule delivery on 5/8, and the SA sent a canned message asking me to schedule delivery. They offered Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.

I was actually surprised about the fast turnaround considering my SA kept texting me daily to add my license and registration details or they couldn't give me a VIN. I did it after 3 days and still got a VIN timely.

I texted Tesla with this question and they said that you have to enter the referral code with your order — you can’t add it later. So you would have to cancel and then reorder to add the code. Bummer.
What’s HW4?
HW4: Hardware 4 is the next gen sensor and hardware array for Tesla. Supposedly, it may include new bumper cameras, and some suggest it will bring 4-D radar which would improve the suite of driver assistance features.

Rumors have suggested some future deliveries may include it. However, there's been no evidence of such changes being found on current deliveries.

Reactions: dudette and optab44
Was this difficult to get approved for?
It’s very easy, just apply to the American consumer counsel and use promo code USSFCU to get free membership. Once approved, you use the certificate from American consumer counsel to apply to USSFCU. Once approved, you apply for the auto loan. I will say, there started to be delays a week or so ago where a ton of Tesla auto applications were coming through. But I’d stick through it as I don’t see auto rates dipping below 4% for a bit.

Michelin all season. I believe someone posted it depends on the zip code for delivery. Florida, California, Nevada and Arizona got summer tires (Pirelli’s) while most areas got Michelin’s.
South Florida and I am getting Michelin AS PS on my MYP. I'm not a fan on Pirelli PZEROs and glad I am getting Michelins. Same tires on my Mercedes. Almost as grippy as the PS4/PS5 but a much better tread life for a daily driver.

Same for me. I have 2 MYLR orders in. One was updated today from May 26 - June 30 to June 2-30. That one is a MYLR Black/Black, 19”, Tow, EAP. It was ordered on 4/23 and I am in West Palm Beach. Guessing based on that update probably not getting a VIN for that one this week. 🤷🏻‍♂️ who knows.
Yeah I'm hoping I (and you!) will get a VIN by the end of May at this rate. I'm fine with taking delivery in June, it's just that the waiting is going to be unpleasant!

Reactions: skadoo323
HW4: Hardware 4 is the next gen sensor and hardware array for Tesla. Supposedly, it may include new bumper cameras, and some suggest it will bring 4-D radar which would improve the suite of driver assistance features.

Rumors have suggested some future deliveries may include it. However, there's been no evidence of such changes being found on current deliveries.
HW4 is available only for S/X. Not Model Y current generation. I confirmed it with SA.