Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Troy Teslike's latest tweet:

Looks MYP backlog went up comapred to 2 weeks before (went from 7 days (0 backlog) to 16 days(1k backlog))
MYLR backlog went down a bit (26k -> 20k units). So on average MYLRs orderd by end of Apr should get a VIN within 4 weeks I guess?
(5k per week production Vs 20k unit backlog)

Last edited:
I don't understand how some are getting VINs and immediately able to select a delivery date while others have had VINs for awhile and still cannot schedule.
Once you have a VIN the car is built. If you live near the build site you likely can select a defined delivery day quickly. If you live further away they need to ship the car with others to the destination and they won't let you pick a day until they know with high confidence the car will be there.

Reactions: pkmody
EDD2 : May 4th - June 1st
EDD3: May 8th - May 22nd
EDD4: May 9th - May 22nd
VIN Assigned: May 9th at 6:00 PM. I received an email and a text.
EDD5: directly after VIN received. May 23 - May 30.
EDD6: May 17 - May 26.
Messaged them about getting a better delivery date for my insurance. They are expecting to have the car at the service center on the 19th. Hope to pick it up this weekend.

Likely my final post on this thread as I took delivery of my MYP White/White 21inch Hitch yesterday at the Vancouver, WA dealership. You may recall from previous posts that I had switched my original 4/27 MYLR order to MYP on 5/11 after a LOT of internal debate. On 5/12 I checked inventory and my exact model was available in Vancouver though that is 3+ hours from my home dealership here in Bend, OR. I had work in Portland early this week so booked one way ticket Monday before Ubering to dealer across the Columbia river. Experience at dealership was very good. Only surprise was that I got just a 3 day "trip permit" and now need to file for consecutive 21-day Oregon trip permits until I get my plates at $34 per permit. Car was in great shape and thoroughly enjoyed the 160mile drive back to Bend. Sure, there were a few phantom brake moments and other nuances of the standard Autopilot to get used to. But the performance, ride and sound system were terrific. I did hit the car wash in Bend as I had a bunch of bugs splatted all over the car -- they all came off on first wash (no plan for PPF or ceramic coating). I even did automated wash and it didn't scrape my Uberturbine wheels. Very happy with my decision with MYP. No regrets.

Appreciate everyone's help here over the past few weeks. Enjoy your delivery day .... it is super fun!

Likely my final post on this thread as I took delivery of my MYP White/White 21inch Hitch yesterday at the Vancouver, WA dealership. You may recall from previous posts that I had switched my original 4/27 MYLR order to MYP on 5/11 after a LOT of internal debate. On 5/12 I checked inventory and my exact model was available in Vancouver though that is 3+ hours from my home dealership here in Bend, OR. I had work in Portland early this week so booked one way ticket Monday before Ubering to dealer across the Columbia river. Experience at dealership was very good. Only surprise was that I got just a 3 day "trip permit" and now need to file for consecutive 21-day Oregon trip permits until I get my plates at $34 per permit. Car was in great shape and thoroughly enjoyed the 160mile drive back to Bend. Sure, there were a few phantom brake moments and other nuances of the standard Autopilot to get used to. But the performance, ride and sound system were terrific. I did hit the car wash in Bend as I had a bunch of bugs splatted all over the car -- they all came off on first wash (no plan for PPF or ceramic coating). I even did automated wash and it didn't scrape my Uberturbine wheels. Very happy with my decision with MYP. No regrets.

Appreciate everyone's help here over the past few weeks. Enjoy your delivery day .... it is super fun!
We have noticed the more we use the autopilot the better it gets. I guess it shouldn’t be surprising but it seems like it is having fewer hard braking encounters as we use it. I tend to use the autopilot a lot now that I see it is improving over time. When we got the car I saw it as a feature I didn’t plan to use much. Now that I use it way more than I figured I would.

Disclaimer: we only have the basic autopilot. Probably will subscribe to the FSD in a few more months.