Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About the no inventory for white interior.
I was thinking maybe it is more of a demand issue than supply? (just speculating)

Reasoning: they ordered X amount of black and Y amount of white interiors from suppliers (let's say half/half) and if the demands (orders received) is let's says 3 times higher for white then all the white interior vehicles they build are being sent to customers while the black ones are overproduced (made Vs demanded) so they show up in the inventory as available (not directly going to customers).

Just a theory. Maybe it is both demand and supply issue in the end :D

Reactions: pkmody
I was thinking maybe it is more of a demand issue than supply? (just speculating)
They ordered X amount of black and Y amount of white interiors from suppliers (let's say half/half) and if the demands (orders received) is let's says 3 times higher for white than all the white interior ones they build are being sent to customers while the black ones are overproduced so they show up in the inventory as available (not directly going to customers).

Just a theory.
Yeah, either way there does seem to be a longer wait for that, and less inventory.

Reasoning: they ordered X amount of black and Y amount of white interiors from suppliers (let's say half/half) and if the demands (orders received) is let's says 3 times higher for white then all the white interior vehicles they build are being sent to customers while the black ones are overproduced (made Vs demanded) so they show up in the inventory as available (not directly going to customers).

Just a theory. Maybe it is both demand and supply issue in the end :D
Yes, that theory makes sense but that'll also show MY buyers generally like white A LOT more compared to M3/s/x when comparing the share of white interior as a portion available inventory. However, anecdotally speaking, I don't as see many buyers posting orders for white interior and getting delivery as compared to black interior buyers. I would think that Tesla business/procurement planning may have underestimated the numbers of customers shifting to white in light of recent price drops.

Yes, that theory makes sense but that'll also show MY buyers generally like white A LOT more compared to M3/s/x when comparing the share of white interior as a portion available inventory. However, anecdotally speaking, I don't as see many buyers posting orders for white interior and getting delivery as compared to black interior buyers. I would think that Tesla business/procurement planning may have underestimated the numbers of customers shifting to white in light of recent price drops.
Yes that makes sense.
Was thinking of a short time spike of demand but yeah. not very likely.

Just trying to waste my time forging theories while waiting for my tesla xD

Ugh, sorry that’s brutal. Are you thinking about switching up the order or are you sticking with it?

Just saw a post from someone on Reddit who ordered MYP white / white around Fremont on April 24th (a week after me) and got his VIN and car this week 🤔 he seemed to be getting the same 10 day window that pushes back daily (today it says May 18 - May 27).
I ordered my MYP white/white on April 26 and am scheduled for delivery next week on may 24. I’m in the northern va area and thought I’d be waiting a bit longer being on the east coast? Hopefully you all hear back soon!

I ordered my MYP white/white on April 26 and am scheduled for delivery next week on may 24. I’m in the northern va area and thought I’d be waiting a bit longer being on the east coast? Hopefully you all hear back soon!
That's awesome! The Tesla chat rep said my car will be delivered during the after hours on the 24th. I would assume that our cars be on the same truck because nova and md are close by? But anyways, I am scheduled to pick up my car on may 26 so can't wait!

That's awesome! The Tesla chat rep said my car will be delivered during the after hours on the 24th. I would assume that our cars be on the same truck because nova and md are close by? But anyways, I am scheduled to pick up my car on may 26 so can't wait!
First off congrats. Those of us still waiting are envious. Noticed a white on white MYP. I have heard some very valid theories about the slowness of MYLR's with white interiors being slower than others due to a possible shortage of white seats. First question are the seats in an MYP different from those in a MYLR? If not then I will play more closer attention to MYP delivery times with white interiors.

Reactions: chugster
First off congrats. Those of us still waiting are envious. Noticed a white on white MYP. I have heard some very valid theories about the slowness of MYLR's with white interiors being slower than others due to a possible shortage of white seats. First question are the seats in an MYP different from those in a MYLR? If not then I will play more closer attention to MYP delivery times with white interiors.
I think they're all the same interior. I also know based on earning reports that there is a good chance they prioritize higher dollar trims over lower :(

Reactions: pkmody
At least you have updated EDD. Mine has said April-May since day one and they have an updated it at all so I really have no idea where I stand.
This is my second EDD. The first after the April-June was 5/13-6/10. In either event we are totally at their mercy and it is at least frustrating to me since I am looking forward to getting mine. One very good thing about this thread is that I have a lot of company in the boat to commiserate with

MYP, MSM (no other adds)

OD: 4/22/23
VIN assigned: 5/10/23
Text/email to schedule delivery: 5/19/23

Delivery scheduled for 5/26/23.

My trade-in offer was originally set to expire on 5/25. I see now that it got changed to 6/1... whew!
Nice. I have a similar issue. Trade in offer expires 5/24, texted the advisor, they said they'd ask me for a new picture of the Odometer. We've basically parked the truck in the garage waiting, so hopefully they will extend and not drop my price until the car is ready.

MYP, MSM (no other adds)

OD: 4/22/23
VIN assigned: 5/10/23
Text/email to schedule delivery: 5/19/23

Delivery scheduled for 5/26/23.

My trade-in offer was originally set to expire on 5/25. I see now that it got changed to 6/1... whew!
My expires the 5/24, hopefully they will extend it too!
Nice. I have a similar issue. Trade in offer expires 5/24, texted the advisor, they said they'd ask me for a new picture of the Odometer. We've basically parked the truck in the garage waiting, so hopefully they will extend and not drop my price until the car is ready.
I am in the exact same boat as you...