Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel you, PA here as well (Central PA - State College), ordered 5/4 MYP 5 seater 21” EAP/FSD and paid in cash.

We keep getting offered accelerated delivery on alternate configs that we consider of a lesser value and yet they say $1000 more or $1700 more, yet when we also look under available inventory, they all show can only be registered in DE, NJ, IL, WV, ME, etc IE.

All other states around us but nothing that can be registered here in PA. Strangely the accelerated delivery may show a Philadelphia inventory as location, yet under details it states that only the listed States that vehicle can be registered under.
Hmmm... Interesting.

We haven't gotten any accelerated delivery (AD) suggestions yet, so I wonder if maybe something internal to their systems has you pegged in the wrong region (at least w.r.t. AD). That, or the system doesn't include logic for "where can this be registered?", or it's just too early for us to get the AD suggestions.

We're really hoping to take delivery before June, to avoid putting extra milage on the car we're selling.

Given that, and the fact that I'm pretty set on wrapping the car in Nardo Grey (or maybe something obnoxious), if I see a MYP with the white interior in the local inventory, I'm probably going to jump on it.

MYLR
Black
7 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini Wheels
Tow Hitch
OD: May 5
ODD: May - June
EDD: May 16 - May 30
VIN: N/A
I quoted my order info and I'm new around here and the current reservation is my first Tesla -- how does changing the ordered car color (say, from Solid Black to Midnight Silver Metallic) affect the EDD? Does it put me to the back of the line (assuming no current inventory match is found)? Or does the fact that the paint just goes on at the end (presumably) mean it won't impact the EDD too much? Anyone have any experience with having changed their desired color and how it affected your EDD?

MYLR White/White
No Tow
5-Seats
19"
OD: 5/7/23
EDD: None
VIN: None

I also ordered the Mobile Connector at the same time, which had been shipped and expected to arrive on 5/17/2023.
Just got the update. It's showing the Estimated Delivery - May 29 - June 26. I received no email/text/call.

MYLR White/White
No Tow
5-Seats
19"
OD: 5/7/23
EDD: May 29 - June 26. (Updated on 5/15/23, 4 PM EDT, directly in App)
VIN: None

I quoted my order info and I'm new around here and the current reservation is my first Tesla -- how does changing the ordered car color (say, from Solid Black to Midnight Silver Metallic) affect the EDD? Does it put me to the back of the line (assuming no current inventory match is found)? Or does the fact that the paint just goes on at the end (presumably) mean it won't impact the EDD too much? Anyone have any experience with having changed their desired color and how it affected your EDD?
it will open up inventory orders; if you check ev-CPo.com I see 28 Model Y in stock with 7 seats. You can see they added new Black colors in inveotry today 5/15 with all my configs that were on hold last week. Looks like they maybe ran a good couple of black Model Y for the week...Or however production scheduling is run. Last week there were none with 7 seats, black and 20" rims. Today there's over a dozen. So my guess supply issue or scheduled runs of similar configs. You can really optimize output without changing pallets of tires and supply totes of seats

it will open up inventory orders; if you check ev-CPo.com I see 28 Model Y in stock with 7 seats. You can see they added new Black colors in inveotry today 5/15 with all my configs that were on hold last week. Looks like they maybe ran a good couple of black Model Y for the week...Or however production scheduling is run. Last week there were none with 7 seats, black and 20" rims. Today there's over a dozen. So my guess supply issue or scheduled runs of similar configs. You can really optimize output without changing pallets of tires and supply totes of seats
Got it, makes sense. Thanks very much for all that info. Overall, I'm pretty flexible with when the car will arrive but also can't decide between Black/Midnight Silver so will probably just leave it as-is and call it a day... hah!

The site refreshes inventory pretty regularly at the 12:30cst mark. Still May - June 2023, and I'm starting to think Tesla ran out of Blue paint...
There were quite a few of us in April that ordered Blue…sorry to create the shortage! 😜 For those with cars on order. It is well worth the wait! We have really enjoyed it so far! Still a ton to learn but so far it is a blast to drive! Really enjoy people asking about it and those who are genuinely interested in learning more about it. Seems more often than not when we are out someone will ask us how we like it. The best ones are the haters. They mostly leave with a different opinion after seeing the facts for themselves. 🤣 Those are the fun ones!

This is the last few digits of my new VIN;
I understand the 7 means Fremont not Austin?
-also serial line ***,***.

Nice

F******
I masked out your last 6 digits of your VIN as I'm not sure how people feel about having all those shared publicly since it uniquely identifies your car but the 'F' in the 11th digit/place of the VIN number is the Manufacturing Plant -- Fremont, CA in this case, correct. Austin, TX would have been 'A'.

Reactions: seclinton
LOL I’m feeling that too.

I’m assuming they do relatively large batches of the same color .
This is how they do it. Very close friend of mine is high up the food chain in Fremont, but he said I did a double whammy by picking a white interior. They dont put a ton of those out to dealerships.

I'm starting to think the same thing...
But I got the wall charger installed and commissioned today, so at least that's done...
I guess that's the silver lining, I discovered some electrical problems that we didn't know about when we bought our first home in 2019. So now I get to pay to fix those, but I'll have an EV charger! 🤔

There were quite a few of us in April that ordered Blue…sorry to create the shortage! 😜 For those with cars on order. It is well worth the wait! We have really enjoyed it so far! Still a ton to learn but so far it is a blast to drive! Really enjoy people asking about it and those who are genuinely interested in learning more about it. Seems more often than not when we are out someone will ask us how we like it. The best ones are the haters. They mostly leave with a different opinion after seeing the facts for themselves. 🤣 Those are the fun ones!
I originally went to the Tesla dealer to see White on Black, with Black rims, thinking I was sold. He immediately told me that I didn't want White, everyone has White. He told me there were only two colors available as far as he was concerned. He then summoned a Red and a Blue to the front. I was sold. Really snazzy demo too. If a Red popped up with White interior I may jump on it, but damn the Blue is gorgeous in person. Funny enough, I'm not a blue car guy at all.

Reactions: carcrazyguy
I masked out your last 6 digits of your VIN as I'm not sure how people feel about having all those shared publicly since it uniquely identifies your car but the 'F' in the 11th digit/place of the VIN number is the Manufacturing Plant -- Fremont, CA in this case, correct. Austin, TX would have been 'A'.
Thanks but I don’t really care who can see a VIN that will be visible from the outside.

I posted as I was thinking about hardware 4, something something matrix headlights.

Reactions: rub1k
MYLR
Blue
5 Seat Black Interior
20" Induction
Tow Hitch
OD: May 4 (today)
EDD: May 15 - May 21
VIN: May 4 (today/same day)

Ready to schedule delivery, I'm going to pick the 17th - though USSFCU has me biting my nails as I don't even have my account info yet, and I still need to apply for the loan!
How was the process with that? I just applied for the ACC.. waiting for my membership #..

update: I cancelled the order because I found an inventory car with the exact same specs but with Gemini wheels. VIN assigned within minutes. Super excited!
Just thought I would give an update on how it has gone when buying the inventory car. I ran into some hiccups with the trade-in where they accidentally added my wife as a secondary owner to the trade-in vehicle in the trade-in paperwork even though she's not on the title. They had to overnight another trade-in packet without her name. That being said, everything else has been smooth. Because I live in Texas, it looks like everything has to happen before delivery day like payment, trade-in paperwork for trade-in vehicle, limited power of attorney documentation for temporary Texas permit and insurance with VIN assigned(which is a requirement for Texas unlike other states). Anyways, super excited that delivery is right around the corner.

MYL Inventory Car
Midnight Silver Metallic
7 Seat Interior
OD: May 6th
EDD: May 20-22
Delivery Date Scheduled: Monday, May 22nd

Reactions: carcrazyguy