Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP Black/Black
No tow
OD: 4/26/23
ODD: April
EDD: May 13- May 27
VIN: N/A
Vancouver, Wa
All tasks accomplished, DD tomorrow morning at 11 AM. It was originally scheduled for Monday, but I texted Tesla asking if Saturday had any cancellations. Lo and behold, they texted back and told me that they did indeed have an opening on Saturday. One win in a month of waiting!

Also, I have seen many MYLR orders on here and they are still waiting for VINs. I checked local inventory here between Portland and Seattle and saw several of those. Maybe not the exact specs?

In any case, thank you all for the support over the last month!

disappointed-homelander.gif
Just a thought. You asked if it was possible if you were making a mistake. Lots of members have indicated taking a stock car with miles on it could indicate someone refused it due to issues. Hopefully not the case here. Good luck!

Just a thought. You asked if it was possible if you were making a mistake. Lots of members have indicated taking a stock car with miles on it could indicate someone refused it due to issues. Hopefully not the case here. Good luck!
Oh I know, I'm totally being sarcastic, I am a hopeless optimist. The idea of taking a train down to St. Louis, and driving it back to Chicago sounds like a blast though. I'll talk to my SA tomorrow, he'll steer me right.

Reactions: pkmody
Well I just found one almost identical to my build, but with a Tow Hitch. It's just over the border in St. Louis, but when I typed in my Zip, it said it could be registered with no Transport fee... I'm through the moon excited right now, but I hope we're able to figure out how to get this thing up to Chicagoland. I paid the $250 to reserve it on the website because I didn't want it to get snatched. My other concern is the build date is 4/26, delivered on May 5th. It shows 30 miles on it, but on waitingfortesla it doesn't indicate it's a demo. Am I making a mistake?
I believe I had something similar with mine.. it showed 50 miles if I’m not mistaken. I clarified this with my rep - he told me a lot of builds come like that until they are delivered to account for any miles they test.. but it will realistically be around 5 miles or so when you pick up.

Nice. We ordered on the same day, same colors, and same Tesla dealer. Only difference is I ordered Performance instead of LR. Make sure you post an update if you get a delivery date! Might be on the same truck

FUN! I'll absolutely keep you updated. New to Cincy - if there are any area owner groups you learn of, or if you'd like a celebratory beer after delivery, hit me up!

Reactions: bubohoot
Ordered a Model Y last week
Blue exterior, black interior, 7 seat, 19 inch wheels
Order date: 5/14/23
Expected delivery: Jun/July
no other updates so far
Was initially texted by a person but asked the deliver location to be updated to another local city. Is it slower to get deliveries in VA?

no other updates so far
Was initially texted by a person but asked the deliver location to be updated to another local city. Is it slower to get deliveries in VA?
Fly to Chicago, we have 5 of these with inductions.

MYLR | Midnight Silver | 5 Seater | Black interior | 19" Gemini | No Tow hitch
OD: 5/6
EDD0: May - June
EDD1 (on 5/15): June 18 - June 30
No VIN

Just did another test drive at the SC that will handle my delivery. The SA was super nice and helpful. After learning I placed the order already, he offered to check my order in their system which showed the scheduled build date 6/11 and delivery 6/24. So now you see how Tesla comes up with the EDD (+/- 6 days). Anyway just wanted to share that if you want to know more about your order, your SA can look it up in their system and get more details.

no other updates so far
I am from Williamsburg, too. Have Model Y AWD on order since 4/19 with no updates. I think I have been assigned to Norfolk delivery center was hoping for Richmond. Maybe see you around when we both get our cars.

Hope it works out. I’m tired of waiting too!!
Well, it worked out! Tesla moved the car to my order, and assigned the VIN to me. Spoke to the St Louis Tesla location about the vehicle, said the reason it showed up, but disappeared, is because they had bumper damage during transport. They're replacing the bumper right now, but he'll personally check the car out, and follow up with me on Monday before I take a train trip down to St. Louis. Overall, I was really impressed by the customer service between the two locations. He also mentioned that if there are any issues that he may miss, but I find, he'll show me how to file a support request because when I drive home I'll be driving 262 miles, past the 100.

Side bonus - I have a tow hitch, of which, I have no idea what to tow 😂

Reactions: pkmody
MYP
Blue
5 Seat White Interior
OD: May 15 (original order)
New OD: May 18 (swapped from MYLR to MYP)
ODD: June - July
EDD: June - July
VIN: Nope

Hopefully I don't get stuck in purgatory too long!

EDD just updated to 5/25 - 6/8!
View attachment 939296
Interesting, my option for accelerated delivery just went away, I can still see plenty of cars in inventory nearby though. Anyone know if this means anything?

I am from Williamsburg, too. Have Model Y AWD on order since 4/19 with no updates. I think I have been assigned to Norfolk delivery center was hoping for Richmond. Maybe see you around when we both get our cars.
Yes! Seems disappointing to wait so long with no updates since you ordered 4/19. I was originally assigned Norfolk but Richmond is more convenient for me. The first SA who reached out was from the Norfolk center and I told him I requested a change to Richmond, Does the SA change with delivery location? Should I be hearing from another person at the Richmond location?

Fly to Chicago, we have 5 of these with inductions.
I was told by the person who helped with the test drive that they were not allowed to sell cars to out of state customers unless specifically stated as ok on the website- for instance I see inventory options (I am located in VA) for Raleigh, NC but when you open the details page - it says car can only be registered in NC and SC which means they are restricting by state for some reason. Is this true?

Yes! Seems disappointing to wait so long with no updates since you ordered 4/19. I was originally assigned Norfolk but Richmond is more convenient for me. The first SA who reached out was from the Norfolk center and I told him I requested a change to Richmond, Does the SA change with delivery location? Should I be hearing from another person at the Richmond location?
I believe each delivery center has its own SA’s. I talked to a guy in Richmond named Mike when I was talking about test drives. He seemed very helpful and accommodating. Richmond is more convenient for me as well. A lot more pleasant drive up and back. I think my delay is due to ordering white interior and red exterior.

I believe each delivery center has its own SA’s. I talked to a guy in Richmond named Mike when I was talking about test drives. He seemed very helpful and accommodating. Richmond is more convenient for me as well. A lot more pleasant drive up and back. I think my delay is due to ordering white interior and red exterior.
You are right about that, its a much better drive than the tunnel! I am ok with either blue/silver/black exterior but I want the black interior. All the 'accelerated delivery options' I am getting were with the 20 inch induction wheels. I read about these here and elsewhere and a lot say the 19 inch ones have a better ride/less stiff which is why I ordered mine with the 19 inch wheels. Do you really get the car much quicker like a week or two with the accelerated delivery? If you do I may reconsider and just get the 20 inch induction wheels for now.

You are right about that, its a much better drive than the tunnel! I am ok with either blue/silver/black exterior but I want the black interior. All the 'accelerated delivery options' I am getting were with the 20 inch induction wheels. I read about these here and elsewhere and a lot say the 19 inch ones have a better ride/less stiff which is why I ordered mine with the 19 inch wheels. Do you really get the car much quicker like a week or two with the accelerated delivery? If you do I may reconsider and just get the 20 inch induction wheels for now.
I have ordered the 19 inch wheels because I have heard the ride is much better. This will be my first Tesla so I have no experience to know for sure. Have also heard to be careful with those in stock accelerated delivery cars. At least some of them are rejected vehicles that have defects, but not all. Some were ordered and the financing fell through.