Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA finally got back to me, and tells me the car I'm picking up tomorrow is HW3.

Kinda disappointed. Between that and Colorado incentives on EV purchases going from $2000 to $5000 on July 1st makes me think I should not accept this car and try to go to the back of the line and wait.
A $3,000 savings would make me wait a month regardless of HW3 vs HW4.

So I believe if you get this message, you’d be getting the HWD4.

“"We are taking the next step in Tesla vision. Your vehicle now fully relies on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability (if purchased). This new approach enables improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. With this move, your Model Y is no longer equipped with ultrasonic sensors, which will temporarily impact some features."”
My understanding is that this message/acceptance is for orders that were made when the Model Y included the ultra-sonic sensors (USS) and the car that will be delivered will not include those sensors. The "Tesla Vision" moniker applies to both HW3 and HW4.

Reactions: pkmody
Hmmm that makes sense. Now I wanna know….
people have been getting the message for months, pretty sure its already been confirmed that multiple people who got the message did not also get HW4. It could be happening now, however. You never know. I'm sure at some point they've decided to add hw4 and after a certain vin all will have HW4, which sounds like is happening now, but i'm skeptical still because I've already seen some people suggesting they have HW4 based on details that to me dont mean its HW4.

My SA finally got back to me, and tells me the car I'm picking up tomorrow is HW3.

Kinda disappointed. Between that and Colorado incentives on EV purchases going from $2000 to $5000 on July 1st makes me think I should not accept this car and try to go to the back of the line and wait.
oh wow i didn't know it goes up to $5k on July 1st!

oh wow i didn't know it goes up to $5k on July 1st!
Yep, there was talk of it being retroactive, but the bill that was passed doesn't say it. I believe the link to it is in the thread about it under the "southwest/mountains" section here.

I won't get the full 5k anyway as I didn't pay 5k last year, and I look to be just shy of it for this year too (lots of deductions hehe). Still it'd be a couple k for me, which may or may not be worth it considering I'd have to do financing over again and it'll likely go up.

HW4 not being on the car may be enough to stop me though. Not that I plan on buying FSD ever. I have ~28 hours to think about it lol

I got the message for sure. My bf is adamant it’s HW4 and guy at Tesla confirmed it but I’ll check out the

I definitely got the message. The lenses are bigger it seems and the viewpoint from the cameras in the car is wider than before. This is my 2nd model Y in 8 months lol. My husband is adamant it’s HW4 but I’m not too sure to be honest lol
I’m unclear as to why everyone is speculating based on physical appearance alone, when shouldn’t it just show if you look in the MCU under “about this Tesla“ and actually say AP4 In the detail list? I get that if you haven’t taken delivery yet you may not be aware, I am talking about those that have taken delivery, perhaps it shows right in the MCU.

Last edited:
Reactions: GS-7
Yep, there was talk of it being retroactive, but the bill that was passed doesn't say it. I believe the link to it is in the thread about it under the "southwest/mountains" section here.

I won't get the full 5k anyway as I didn't pay 5k last year, and I look to be just shy of it for this year too (lots of deductions hehe). Still it'd be a couple k for me, which may or may not be worth it considering I'd have to do financing over again and it'll likely go up.

HW4 not being on the car may be enough to stop me though. Not that I plan on buying FSD ever. I have ~28 hours to think about it lol
very good news, thank you. i don't even have an updated EDD other than the original Jun - Jul date, so hopefully I get both HW4 and the new $5k.

Holy, screw HW4, the $3k alone makes it worth it...

Looking through this link... I don't see ANY HW4 Model Y's available built in the past week, let alone this week. So, I think the chances of you getting a HW4 now are slim.

Looking through this link... I don't see ANY HW4 Model Y's available built in the past week, let alone this week. So, I think the chances of you getting a HW4 now are slim.
Isn't this just a tiny fraction of the cars that Tesla has manufactured? Ones that for some reason didn't go directly to an end buyer, maybe because they were rejected or the order was cancelled when they couldn't get financing?

That site shows existing inventory. The folks seeing HW4 are on cars ordered for customers (and don't show up on that site). Probably start seeing a handful in the next few weeks as folks reject deliveries for whatever reason..

Im pretty sure all MY have 3 front cameras, and in HW4 one of those is a blank and not used.
Looking at other post online 3 front cameras (although the passenger side might be a dummy camera) and the different side pods for cameras is what others are saying identifies HW4. Be that true or not I can't say for sure.
Pretty sure this is the new side pods though.
I can't find anything else either way.
I guess unless you tear into the dash and find the computer is not really confirmed.

Attachments

• PXL_20230526_051833047.jpg
    PXL_20230526_051833047.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 88
Looking at other post online 3 front cameras (although the passenger side might be a dummy camera) and the different side pods for cameras is what others are saying identifies HW4. Be that true or not I can't say for sure.
Pretty sure this is the new side pods though.
I can't find anything else either way.
I guess unless you tear into the dash and find the computer is not really confirmed.
Those cameras have a line through the middle of them on HW4 from what I’ve seen. Looks like you have HW3 but I’m no expert

Wasn't expecting this--my EDD bumped up 10 days!

Update 5/26
MYLR
Blue 5 seat black
Hitch
Ordered 5/1/23
EDD "May-June" 6/5-6/30 6/8-6/17 5/30-6/8
VIN assigned 5/22 (Fremont)
Savannah GA
SA messaged me back, said "Your car is still inbound. Looks like it is expected to arrive June 1"
Now I'm really stoked! Anyone have an idea of how far in advance delivery appointments get scheduled, and/or how soon after it arrives you can actually pick it up?