Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same order and estimated dates, close to my VIN, in the southeast... you're giving me hope but teasing me too!

Not too worried about HW4 honestly. Don't see it having a huge impact on basic AP, and half the reason I bought the car was that Teslas are the first car I ever truly had fun driving. I'm not letting a computer drive it for me except for long boring trips...

I’ve won some and lost some over the last ~20 years of buying/leasing cars.

I can remember missing out on various new “special editions” or trim levels that cost the same as the more basic trim level that I bought just a few months prior. It was usually always aesthetic, but I would pause for a moment, take a deep breath, and move on.

Despite all of the conversation on the forums surrounding the changes as they’re recognized, I didn’t think twice about it when we ordered our 2021 MY LR. I had the same feeling when ordering the 2023.

I think the threads and subsequent back and forth on the topic of hardware changes (do I accept the car or not?) are generally healthy. It gives everyone a chance to know there are many others that feel just like they do, no matter what side of the fence they find themselves on.

Looking forward to seeing everyone hopefully getting what they want! 👍🏼

Got it, so what a normal human would do. The gap stuff, while not ENTIRELY unwarranted all the time, is pretty hilarious to me.

I guess the silver lining is the SA helping me through the process is awesome. He's the one who's been looking over the new car, and he didn't like the way the bumper's paint looked after they repaired it. He asked his manager to look at it, and they both agreed just put on a brand-new bumper. He said he's making sure that the car will look like a car he would be ok driving off the lot. He also said it's the end of the quarter and it's f*%king nuts there right now. Man, I was so damn excited to get the car tomorrow though. 😭
The gap thing is sadly not a trivial thing. When I took delivery of my model 3 last year, the glass roof (which comes as 2 panels with a rubber seam in the middle) was not set correctly. The rubber didn't connect the 2 panels... Therefore, my roof was not waterproof! The service center tried to claim it was within specs... so I had a quick comeback line - OK, show me on that model 3 over there that it also has the same gap between the glass and the seal, and I'll walk away quietly. Of course they couldn't. I got a new roof.
Check those door seals, roof seals, trunk seals as well.

The gap thing is sadly not a trivial thing. When I took delivery of my model 3 last year, the glass roof (which comes as 2 panels with a rubber seam in the middle) was not set correctly. The rubber didn't connect the 2 panels... Therefore, my roof was not waterproof! The service center tried to claim it was within specs... so I had a quick comeback line - OK, show me on that model 3 over there that it also has the same gap between the glass and the seal, and I'll walk away quietly. Of course they couldn't. I got a new roof.
love it haha

Reactions: goinelectric
That is a perfectly valid complaint! Gaps, where seals may be compromised, are absolutely a defect. I meant the gaps where the trunk may be a tad tighter looking on one side versus the other. Basically when folks are pulling out the calipers to measure lol.

Reactions: goinelectric
My wife ordered on 5/17 and no updates either as of this morning. Not sure why some orders get updates within a day and others sit for weeks.

MYLR
Grey
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 17
ODD: June-July
VIN: None
I noticed the white or black paint orders generally come quicker as well as those that are located near Fremont or Austin. Seems like the east coast is waiting a little longer. I remember seeing a Canada post which is more than a month out of close to 3 weeks. Not sure why you wouldn’t have a VIN or EDD

Reactions: jonjon09
My wife ordered on 5/17 and no updates either as of this morning. Not sure why some orders get updates within a day and others sit for weeks.

MYLR
Grey
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 17
VIN: None
Also ordered 5/17 with no changes
MYP
Midnight Silver
Tow, EAP
EDD-None

Although now I think I’m ok waiting. I 100% want the HW4. I’m buying the car for the tech. So I would like the latest hardware available.

My wife ordered on 5/17 and no updates either as of this morning. Not sure why some orders get updates within a day and others sit for weeks. MYLR Grey 5 Seat Black Interior 19" Gemini OD: May 17 ODD: June-July VIN: None Location: Charlotte, NC Ordered the same car in Cincinnati on 5/11, and haven't had a change since it updated a few days later to 6/6-6/30.
I'm fine with waiting, hoping for HW4 (have a partially disabled back, and though I can't really afford FSD now, I'm hoping the slight improvements, and future possibility of upgrading will help on the 1000+ mile drives to visit my kid) =)

Reactions: jonjon09
My wife ordered on 5/17 and no updates either as of this morning. Not sure why some orders get updates within a day and others sit for weeks. MYLR Grey 5 Seat Black Interior 19" Gemini OD: May 17 ODD: June-July VIN: None Location: Charlotte, NC Ordered the same car in Cincinnati on 5/11, and haven't had a change since it updated a few days later to 6/6-6/30.
I'm fine with waiting, hoping for HW4 (have a partially disabled back, and though I can't really afford FSD now, I'm hoping the slight improvements, and future possibility of upgrading will help on the 1000+ mile drives to visit my kid) =)
I’m thinking about doing the monthly payments instead of $15k for FSD. I probably won’t be owning it for over 12 years to be paying $15k 😂