Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
OD May 8
ODD: June/July
EDD1: May 27-June 10
EDD2: June 4-June 10
EDD3: May 29-June 7
VIN1: May 22
Manufactured1: May 22 Freemont
DD1: June 5
Order placed on Hold: June 1
Denver, CO

Called Tesla today to deny delivery of the car scheduled for delivery June 5th and placed my order on hold. The primary motivation is because Colorado changed the tax incentive after I placed my order in May and now EVs purchased after July 1st qualify for a greatly increased tax incentives vs those purchsed in June. Fingers crossed I get a HW4 car July 1st. If it arrives before July 1 and Tesla won't let me move delivery into July, I will have to cancel the order and start over.

Model Y Performance
Black paint black interior
OD: May 8th
EDD: June/July
EDD1 this past weekend: May 20th- June 3rd
EDD2: (5/23/23) May 26th-June 9th
EDD3: (5/30/23) June 1st-June 8th
Delivery Date Scheduled: 6/4/23
VIN Assigned 5/30
Los Angeles
Faced with a dilemma, albeit a good one. Just got a text saying my car has arrived already and I can pick up as early as tomorrow. Only problem is, for whatever reason I waited until Tuesday of this week (didn’t have VIN at the time but felt it was coming soon) to apply for the loan and haven’t heard back from USSFCU yet.

I’m going to call them in a bit but as a backup, I applied through Tesla this morning on the app which approved me through chase almost immediately. So I have that as a fall back option.. But, that would mean that I have to submit payment through the app yet I keep seeing people say they’re reluctant to use the plaid payment processing on the app, any reason why?

I’d probably refi through USSFCU to get that sub 5% rate even if it’s 4.99% lol..

MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
OD May 8
ODD: June/July
EDD1: May 27-June 10
EDD2: June 4-June 10
EDD3: May 29-June 7
VIN1: May 22
Manufactured1: May 22 Freemont
DD1: June 5
Order placed on Hold: June 1
Denver, CO

Called Tesla today to deny delivery of the car scheduled for delivery June 5th and placed my order on hold. The primary motivation is because Colorado changed the tax incentive after I placed my order in May and now EVs purchased after July 1st qualify for a greatly increased tax incentives vs those purchsed in June. Fingers crossed I get a HW4 car July 1st. If it arrives before July 1 and Tesla won't let me move delivery into July, I will have to cancel the order and start over.
I did the same thing yesterday. Put my order on hold on May 31st, and my VIN was HW3.

Reactions: boones
Delivery date requested today, set for 6/3

VIN PF7843

I just left the local Tesla store to drop off our 2021 MY LR lease return, and I was able to see our 2023 MYP that was just dropped off at the lot. Our car and all others that had VINs PF784 and PF786 had HW3. Based on all of the postings since I received my VIN, this doesn't come as a surprise.

Order date 5/1, VIN on 5/16, delivery date requested 5/27, delivery date set for 6/3.

Can't wait to pick it up Saturday! I'll be installing the same Eibach springs/spacers I had on the LR as well as getting it prepped and ceramic coated. Tint is scheduled for next week. Let the fun begin! 👍

52943507740_65d0e1c27f_c.jpg

Last edited:
Faced with a dilemma, albeit a good one. Just got a text saying my car has arrived already and I can pick up as early as tomorrow. Only problem is, for whatever reason I waited until Tuesday of this week (didn’t have VIN at the time but felt it was coming soon) to apply for the loan and haven’t heard back from USSFCU yet.

I’m going to call them in a bit but as a backup, I applied through Tesla this morning on the app which approved me through chase almost immediately. So I have that as a fall back option.. But, that would mean that I have to submit payment through the app yet I keep seeing people say they’re reluctant to use the plaid payment processing on the app, any reason why?

I’d probably refi through USSFCU to get that sub 5% rate even if it’s 4.99% lol..
I could be wrong, but the only issues I've seen is people using Plaid, paying BEFORE inspection, and then wanting to reject the car - hassle to get the money back. I'm using the app/plaid, and just won't submit "Pay Final Amount" until I accept the car.

Reactions: Bucketz

Good luck, we applied on May 18 at USSFCU and have called every day this week but still don't even have an approved account. According to older reddit posts, Tesla used to match rates, has anyone had any success with that or has that ended? My wife also is approved for Tesla loan but we would obviously rather have the lower rate but seems unlikely we will get a loan by next Tuesday when we don't even have an account yet.

I just left the local Tesla store to drop off our 2021 MY LR lease return, and I was able to see our 2023 MYP that was just dropped off at the lot. Our car and all others that had VINs PF784 and PF786 had HW3. Based on all of the postings since I received my VIN, this doesn't come as a surprise.

Order date 5/1, VIN on 5/16, delivery date requested 5/27, delivery date set for 6/3.

Can't wait to pick it up Saturday! I'll be installing the same Eibach springs/spacers I had on the LR as well as getting it prepped and ceramic coated. Tint is scheduled for next week. Let the fun begin! 👍

View attachment 942992
i wonder if Tesla prior to CPO for resale on your MYLR will remove any spring or suspension mods?

I could be wrong, but the only issues I've seen is people using Plaid, paying BEFORE inspection, and then wanting to reject the car - hassle to get the money back. I'm using the app/plaid, and just won't submit "Pay Final Amount" until I accept the car.
I just paid cash in app today for our MYP order from 5/4 for EDD 6 15-22. It had one button “Pay Now” it already showed my checking acct etc.. and as soon as I hit that button it said Paid. I believe it was pre set from back when we got the Model S and can recall doing something with Plaid back then, so was ready this time or it was a different type of ACH direct to the account. Who knows..

I just paid cash in app today for our MYP order from 5/4 for EDD 6 15-22. It had one button “Pay Now” it already showed my checking acct etc.. and as soon as I hit that button it said Paid. I believe it was pre set from back when we got the Model S and can recall doing something with Plaid back then, so was ready this time or it was a different type of ACH direct to the account. Who knows..
Any idea if PLAID lets you pay from multiple accounts or does it all have to be from a single account in 1 transaction?

Today is delivery day for my MYLR (VIN A125xxx). I found out about the HW4 update last night, so a fair amount of anxiety about my VIN probably not including the update. In the end I will take delivery regardless as I don't really want to wait until July for the next one, which as I understand there is no guarantee it would have HW4. I will post back tomorrow to confirm which version it has.

Yeah, I had the pay now button after I setup my ACH, but didn't click it. They keep asking me to, and I explain I will after I accept the car. They seem to have no problem with that response. I don't really think they can require you to pay for something you haven't inspected and picked up.

Reactions: Bucketz
Good luck, we applied on May 18 at USSFCU and have called every day this week but still don't even have an approved account. According to older reddit posts, Tesla used to match rates, has anyone had any success with that or has that ended? My wife also is approved for Tesla loan but we would obviously rather have the lower rate but seems unlikely we will get a loan by next Tuesday when we don't even have an account yet.
So I called today and got on the phone with a very helpful lady. I told her of my dilemma and she informed me I was approved, but at a way higher rate, like 6.7% or something. So I told her I was going to cancel the application because Tesla offered me 5.69% on the app and she said if I send her that offer, she will beat it at 4.99%. So give them a shout and see what you can conjure up. I had to send my DL, MVPA and the offer for them to beat.

Reactions: jonjon09
So I called today and got on the phone with a very helpful lady. I told her of my dilemma and she informed me I was approved, but at a way higher rate, like 6.7% or something. So I told her I was going to cancel the application because Tesla offered me 5.69% on the app and she said if I send her that offer, she will beat it at 4.99%. So give them a shout and see what you can conjure up. I had to send my DL, MVPA and the offer for them to beat.
Ah so I assume you already had the account approved? We've told them we really want to go with them for a loan but need it by Tuesday next week and all we got was that they are just that backed up and they sent it to operations multiple times for approval but still nothing 😕
Glad it's working out for you though!! Let me know how fast the turnaround is once they approve you at 4.99 to see if we have a chance if we get account approval tomorrow.

Ah so I assume you already had the account approved? We've told them we really want to go with them for a loan but need it by Tuesday next week and all we got was that they are just that backed up and they sent it to operations multiple times for approval but still nothing 😕
Glad it's working out for you though!! Let me know how fast the turnaround is once they approve you at 4.99 to see if we have a chance if we get account approval tomorrow.
Misread that, sorry! My application got approved rather quick but that was maybe 2 weeks ago at this point? Try calling today and getting an update.

Ah! I'm glad I posted this then because I would have just paid the money. I'm glad we can check the car out first, then pay. Much appreciated!

Reactions: pkmody