Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYP : February orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN this morning. Maybe they finished with the Blue MYPs and finally got to the MSM ones. Here's my update:

MYP: MSM/Black
Pickup Location: Tampa
OD: 02/03
EDD 02/03: Feb-Mar
EDD 02/09: March 7-31
EDD 02/28: March 10-31, also got VIN will be assigned 1-2 weeks text same day.
EDD 03/02: March 16-23. VIN assigned same day, 2 days after text.

Checked app at 6am today (3/2) and VIN was showing along with message that Tesla is making changes that impact my order and I needed go to my account to proceed. Was not showing this last night at 11pm. Logged into my account and it was the Tesla Vision update and I selected proceed with delivery. Then it showed my updated EDD which is a generic 2 to 3 week window from today.

About 10 minutes after doing this, I got a text that my VIN is ready and to upload my insurance details. I responded asking if they need a policy showing the new VIN or if my current policy for another car in household would suffice. Normally I've changed the insurance after purchase in the past.

Hopefully others will get theirs soon.

Reactions: Starman420
Got my VIN this morning. Maybe they finished with the Blue MYPs and finally got to the MSM ones. Here's my update:

Checked app at 6am today (3/2) and VIN was showing along with message that Tesla is making changes that impact my order and I needed go to my account to proceed. Was not showing this last night at 11pm. Logged into my account and it was the Tesla Vision update and I selected proceed with delivery. Then it showed my updated EDD which is a generic 2 to 3 week window from today.

About 10 minutes after doing this, I got a text that my VIN is ready and to upload my insurance details. I responded asking if they need a policy showing the new VIN or if my current policy for another car in household would suffice. Normally I've changed the insurance after purchase in the past.

Hopefully I’m getting some update soon.

MYP: W/B
OD 2/10
EDD 3/16-31.
Pick up Tampa

I received the the same message and action this morning. My new EDD is 3/16 - 3/23.

Question- We have to get insurance policy now? even if the DD is like 20 days away? start of the policy date now?
This is strange I usually pay for the policy the day I take the car.
can I delay uploading insurance till I get the DD?

thanks

Question- We have to get insurance policy now? even if the DD is like 20 days away? start of the policy date now?
This is strange I usually pay for the policy the day I take the car.
can I delay uploading insurance till I get the DD?

thanks

You have to prove you have insurance at the time of delivery (some states are earlier). That does not mean you should begin insuring your Tesla prior to delivery.

You have to prove you have insurance at the time of delivery (some states are earlier). That does not mean you should begin insuring your Tesla prior to delivery.
I got a text from 510 saying to upload my insurance. if I were to get insurance now I would loose money on paying premium for not having a car. It is not cheap in NYC insurance wise lol