Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Long Range Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just rented(Turo) a Y while I was out on vacation and the ride was so much smoother than my '16 X (as are the Raven Xs and presumably the Refresh Xs). My wife was complaining about our X on the way home and now wants us to get a Y while we wait! 🤣
If your new delivery date holds you can ignore this, but others have had March dates briefly and then they go back to July.

My second MX lease (Raven 7-seater) is scheduled to expire in July, so last July I ordered a new MX LR 7-seater thinking the resale value of my current car--only 12,000 miles--would generate a nice profit and I'd buy the new one rather than lease it. Original delivery date was December and, like almost everyone else it's now July. I cannot imagine Tesla having the ability to actually fulfill all those scheduled for July so it's hard to predict when the car will actually arrive.

In the meantime, my son expressed an interest in my wife's Subaru Outback last October or November and I finally convinced her to get a Tesla. The Model Y was perfect for her and at the time the Performance model had the shortest delivery window--December--and since the price wasn't must different, that's what we ordered. Within a few weeks, however, the delivery date bumped to April, but the LR model now had a short lead time so we placed a second order for that, which arrived in mid-December.

Getting to alexargo's point, to begin with my wife absolutely LOVES the Y and although it obviously doesn't have many of the over the top features of the MX--after all it costs $40-50k less--I love it too. The ride is close to my Raven, road/wind noise--my main gripe about the X--is reduced, many interior features are definitely an improvement, and the display/software functionality is significantly better. I do love how my MX greets me with open doors, etc., but the interface which until now I thought was great, now feels clunky....

Bottom line, if you can get a Y while you're waiting you won't be disappointed. And, just maybe you'll end up keeping it for your wife!

What price is your LR X? I believe they are giving priority to those ordering at higher price points. For example just saw a post a on this threw we’re they guy ordered in 2020 and still waiting. I ordered when base msrp was $90k in 5/2021. Then a few months ago it went to 105k and now it’s $115k. So everyone that ordered at $105k will now be deprioritized and $115k orders will be filled.

I’m honestly throwing in the towel and accepted that the car will never come. Sad how business is done but I would do the same if I ran a company.

I ordered mine in June 17 2021, white with cream interior. 7 seater. Original Edd Jan 2022 but now July. I’ve already sold my bmw 650i back in December thinking I would get my Tesla on time. How stupid of me.
I am even dumber. I did not extend my 2018 X lease because it was only going to be a couple of months without a car. It will soon be a year since I turned it in, and sharing our one car gets harder every day.