Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Long Range Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does that mean I still have whole year of waiting? I order mine in June 2021
I doubt it. Tesla sold my X without my knowledge or any communication. I had a vin # assigned and a pickup time, which I showed up to, just to find out that they already sold it 30 minutes before I arrived (I was 15 minutes early to the appointment). They explained that their salesperson told them that he spoke to me & I cancelled my appointment. They would not tell me their salespersons name or provide any other information. My original order was 6/10/2020. Keep the faith that they will keep their word, but I don't blame anyone that calls Tesla nothing but a complete disaster when it comes to deliveries. and communication. and respect. and customer service...

So I was waiting ironically in line at Disney World in the “Tomorrowland Speedway” which has a bunch of old school gas guzzlers and low and behold my delivery window has narrowed to March 24-31 and I had a VIN now. I originally ordered my 6-seat red/white interior LR back in October of 2020. Hopefully they don’t do what they did to @BurqueBoy to me. @BurqueBoy had you gotten your MVPA adjusted for the pre-refresh discount and FSD price adjustment if applicable for your order yet?

So I was waiting ironically in line at Disney World in the “Tomorrowland Speedway” which has a bunch of old school gas guzzlers and low and behold my delivery window has narrowed to March 24-31 and I had a VIN now. I originally ordered my 6-seat red/white interior LR back in October of 2020. Hopefully they don’t do what they did to @BurqueBoy to me. @BurqueBoy had you gotten your MVPA adjusted for the pre-refresh discount and FSD price adjustment if applicable for your order yet?
$103,190 msrp with destination/doc, cream interior, & FSD - not too shabby considering the "today" price of $130,190, looks like you are in the same boat! Congrats!

Our date jumped all over (was July 22 recently) then surprise it's TOMORROW! So our LR blue/cream will be in the garage tomorrow night!

We've had a pair of BMW i3s previously (one is still my daily driver) so we're ready for electric drive. But I always charged the i3 with 110v so we've got a 220v install next week.

Looking forward to the Model X life! Replacing a "meh" Ford Flex...

Our date jumped all over (was July 22 recently) then surprise it's TOMORROW! So our LR blue/cream will be in the garage tomorrow night!

We've had a pair of BMW i3s previously (one is still my daily driver) so we're ready for electric drive. But I always charged the i3 with 110v so we've got a 220v install next week.

Looking forward to the Model X life! Replacing a "meh" Ford Flex...
congrats!

when did you order yours?

My Model X LR 6-seater's EDD is still shown as July. I placed the order in April 2021.
I placed a Model Y Performance order on 4th of Feb 2022 and it arrived the SC on thursday (3/17). Planning to pick it up tomorrow. Really wanted the X though. I spoke to the advisor at the showroom and she mentioned that they are actively delivering Model Xs placed earlier than me and I should expect the delivery of my X around June-July as shown on my account.🤞

What price is your LR X? I believe they are giving priority to those ordering at higher price points. For example just saw a post a on this threw we’re they guy ordered in 2020 and still waiting. I ordered when base msrp was $90k in 5/2021. Then a few months ago it went to 105k and now it’s $115k. So everyone that ordered at $105k will now be deprioritized and $115k orders will be filled.

I’m honestly throwing in the towel and accepted that the car will never come. Sad how business is done but I would do the same if I ran a company.
I ordered in Nov. 2020 and accepted the refresh $10k price hike in spring 2021, with the $2k discount. I now have a VIN and a delivery appointment next week. The same car would cost $27k more if I ordered it today, so it's been a long road but I give Tesla credit for delivering my car ahead of the recent orders.

Posted in the wrong thread. Hope this helps. Reposting here:

Picked up my MXLR on 3/31/22 (6 seat, 22s, FSD). Originally ordered in June 2021, est. delivery kept getting pushed back until it stayed at “July 2022” for awhile then on 3/29/22 they suddenly called out of the blue and said I have a VIN could pick up my car in 2 days, due to ‘fully spec’ed out car”. Nothing to do with end of Q1 I’m sure…

Overall fit and finish was pretty good, just a few cosmetic things (tiny paint scratches, seat bolster wrinkling and scratches, etc.). Nothing major. Although I have the same acceleration shudder that my MS P100D had, for which I had to replace the halfshafts. Is anyone else having the same acceleration shudder? I believe it is more common on the MX than MS?

FYI the MXLR is fast, and this is coming from a P100D owner, I can’t image how fast the Plaid is. The accelerator pedal feels much more peppy and responsive than my MS and the car even pulls when you punch it at HW speeds. Maybe the new PM motors are the reason? Love this car so far, it might be a keeper!

Looks like my Model X is off hold and will be delivered Thursday (4/7) afternoon. We were originally supposed to pick it up last Sunday, but the date moved to April 15 about 2 hours before the Sunday pickup time. Good thing we live 10 miles from the Fremont delivery center. It is still a mystery why the date changed. When I called, they said there was a software issue but provided no additional details.