Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Long Range Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wait for 5 and 7 seaters is so ridiculous. Tesla has been building vehicles for long enough that they should not have to do things this way.
Totally agree on this. Folks have different uses for this "Utility Vehicle". I need the cargo capacity of the 5 seater, I have one today, and just want a little longer range, faster charging and the upgraded interior. I am really hoping they start making 5 and 7 seaters soon

Reactions: Hebert
Totally agree on this. Folks have different uses for this "Utility Vehicle". I need the cargo capacity of the 5 seater, I have one today, and just want a little longer range, faster charging and the upgraded interior. I am really hoping they start making 5 and 7 seaters soon
I can't even imagine the backlash if Tesla decides not to create anything but 6 seaters across the board. They need the 5 and 7 for options but they may not give a damn.

I posted this question on the other forum, but I'm really curious why we have hope that we will get LR 5 and 7 seaters when they aren't making Plaids in 5 and 7 seats. I fully expect them to announce they aren't making LR 5 and 7 seaters as well. I'm just waiting for that announcement after waiting 13 months past my first EDD.

I posted this question on the other forum, but I'm really curious why we have hope that we will get LR 5 and 7 seaters when they aren't making Plaids in 5 and 7 seats. I fully expect them to announce they aren't making LR 5 and 7 seaters as well. I'm just waiting for that announcement after waiting 13 months past my first EDD.
the only part that gives me hope for people is if they were truly scraping them all then they should have done that at the same time as the Plaid announcement. Continuing to take LR orders for 5 and 7 certainly doesn't make sense if they know they are canning them too.

Reactions: EV3_
If Tesla never intends to make 5/7 seaters, than the perfect time to deal with it would have been now when it applies to both plaid and LR. My best guess (based on nothing) is at this point they still plan on making/selling LR 5/7 seaters. Just in their good time...

I'm also convinced that they want all us early LR orders to die since we are all supposed to get them at about 15k less than they will get for new orders because the price was so lower back then
I get a little frustrated with the folks with long-time LR orders who put in a new order for a Plaid to get a car faster. We're playing right into Tesla's hands!