Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall charger now shows in app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I have in the UK. I don’t have a TWC though, rather a Zappi.

Given Tesla app knows what is going into the car, I don’t see why it is charge point specific.

I think you may be confusing the the ability to schedule charging via the Tesla app through the car with adding the charger as a device to the Tesla app like the car or a PowerWall. At the moment you can't add a Zappi to the app, only the Gen 3 TWC and now the app allows you to schedule charging via the TWC directly rather than the car.

It wouldn't be legal to sell it in the UK if it only did that - the charger itself needs to have scheduling capabilities as of 30 June 2022, hence why Tesla scrambled out a software update to chargers in the UK first.
All I’m saying is that the app could show the power diverted to the car rather than showing it going to the house. That information is available to Tesla because it does show it in the charging stats in the app.

It’s not a big issue though, I’m very happy with the Zappi.

I've just switched to Octopus Go and I'm trying to set up off peak charging times in my TWC. I have accessed the TWC through the Tesla app (scanned QR code/joined TWC wifi etc) and in the schedule page, I am able to enter my start and stop times.... however when I press done I get an error "Unable to communicate with wall connector". Am standing next to it the whole time, am still connected to its wifi, have tried on multiple devices, have turned off mobile data.... am running out of ideas. Has anyone experienced this and any suggestions for how to fix it?

I've just switched to Octopus Go and I'm trying to set up off peak charging times in my TWC. I have accessed the TWC through the Tesla app (scanned QR code/joined TWC wifi etc) and in the schedule page, I am able to enter my start and stop times.... however when I press done I get an error "Unable to communicate with wall connector". Am standing next to it the whole time, am still connected to its wifi, have tried on multiple devices, have turned off mobile data.... am running out of ideas. Has anyone experienced this and any suggestions for how to fix it?
My understanding is you connect to the TWC once to configure it with your home network settings so it can get Internet access. Then when you set a schedule using the app the setting are sent from your phone to Tesla’s servers over the Internet, and then the Tesla’s servers communication with the TWC, again over the Internet.

My understanding is you connect to the TWC once to configure it with your home network settings so it can get Internet access. Then when you set a schedule using the app the setting are sent from your phone to Tesla’s servers over the Internet, and then the Tesla’s servers communication with the TWC, again over the Internet.
thanks for the reply - The TWC has been connected to my home wifi since it was installed a few months ago but i've just double checked its still connected. Tried setting the schedule again and it immediately returns the error "Unable to communicate with the Wall Connector"..... My router home page shows its connected..... not sure what to try next. Has anyone else been able to set a schedule though the app?

Nope. You still need to connect to the chargers wifi to configure the charge scheduling. Also it's pretty basic as-is: The wall charger will only charge inside that window, anything outside of that window it will ignore. Which is annoying when you need to top up before a trip, so you have to go and re-connect to remove the schedule.

@Tricky16 You need to hold the charge button down for 5 seconds when it isnt in your car. When the green light pulses you can connect to the teslawallconnector_xxxx wifi network. And quickly change the settings on http://192.168.92.1 You can do it from the app too, but you still need to connect to the WiFi AP of the wall connector (it'll open your camera to scan the QR code from the booklet)

Modern phones are a complete pain in the backside and will do all sorts of things to avoid connecting to isolated AP's so it can be a struggle to stay connected. On an iPhone I can get it to work but it keeps nagging me about not having internet access - I wish it'd see I'm on a page hosted on an internal IP and wind it's neck in, but no, users can't possibly want to do that. :mad:

Reactions: MrT3
Nope. You still need to connect to the chargers wifi to configure the charge scheduling. Also it's pretty basic as-is: The wall charger will only charge inside that window, anything outside of that window it will ignore. Which is annoying when you need to top up before a trip, so you have to go and re-connect to remove the schedule.

@Tricky16 You need to hold the charge button down for 5 seconds when it isnt in your car. When the green light pulses you can connect to the teslawallconnector_xxxx wifi network. And quickly change the settings on http://192.168.92.1 You can do it from the app too, but you still need to connect to the WiFi AP of the wall connector (it'll open your camera to scan the QR code from the booklet)

Modern phones are a complete pain in the backside and will do all sorts of things to avoid connecting to isolated AP's so it can be a struggle to stay connected. On an iPhone I can get it to work but it keeps nagging me about not having internet access - I wish it'd see I'm on a page hosted on an internal IP and wind it's neck in, but no, users can't possibly want to do that. :mad:
Thanks for feeding in. I am connecting to the TWC local wifi and have double checked the status at 192.168.92.1. It shows that the TWC is connected to my home wifi. In the Tesla app when I swipe to access the TWC and press schedule, I am prompted to join the TWC local wifi, which I do. I’m then given access to the schedule screen and can change the charging times however every time I hit done I get the error, “unable to communicate with the Wall Connector”
E6C81437-CD68-4FE9-939B-318FF3206C6C.jpeg

E9453173-F401-4229-B798-16DF665A233E.png

Thanks in advance for any more advice

Last edited:
Try connecting to the wall connector outside of the app. Right at the bottom there is an option to set the charging schedule - this only seems to appear once the wall connector has been given the software update triggered by linking it to the app.

I gave up on using the scheduled charge feature as it was so buggy and a PITA, so I’m back to letting the car decide when to charge before my morning commute. Which it’s now gotten crap at doing 🙄. Though to be fair it’s a brand new feature they haven’t even announced, but it’s frustrating to have things not work intuitively. Or at all :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Tricky16
Try connecting to the wall connector outside of the app. Right at the bottom there is an option to set the charging schedule - this only seems to appear once the wall connector has been given the software update triggered by linking it to the app.

I gave up on using the scheduled charge feature as it was so buggy and a PITA, so I’m back to letting the car decide when to charge before my morning commute. Which it’s now gotten crap at doing 🙄. Though to be fair it’s a brand new feature they haven’t even announced, but it’s frustrating to have things not work intuitively. Or at all :D
Thanks, Will try when I get home this evening. Just to double check, what firmware release do you have on your TWC?....The reason I'm asking is I don't recall seeing a schedule option on the 192.168.92.1 page (and I was looking for one). If my FW is not current it might explain my issues.

Thanks, Will try when I get home this evening. Just to double check, what firmware release do you have on your TWC?....The reason I'm asking is I don't recall seeing a schedule option on the 192.168.92.1 page (and I was looking for one). If my FW is not current it might explain my issues.
Just to follow up on this in case it helps someone with the same problem. After trying everything I could think of I contacted Tesla support. They said it was a known issue and that there was a fix in the TWC fw 22.7.0 (which I had manually installed). They asked me to do the following:
1. Turn the wall connector off and on
2. Unlink any third party apps
3. Sign out from the Tesla app
4. Delete and reinstall the Tesla app

Turning off and on didn’t fix the problem

I deleted the Tessie app (wasn’t using it. Had just been checking it out). This didn’t fix it. I then unlinked my car from the ABRP app (didn’t delete the app), turned the TWC off and on and….it worked! I can finally set the off peak charging period through the app - start AND end time ….

Reactions: Gatsojon
Reactions: WllXM