Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall charger now shows in app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

M1tch

2021 M3P with EAP
Nov 16, 2021
Gloucester, England
Noticed an app update this morning and the option to add my wall charger to it. Just been through the process and can now see the charger, conduct updates, see charging history and a few other bits. Nice addition

86F0146E-598C-42A2-BF97-CED11B4325B9.png

Interesting -- I had wondered if additional functions were added when the app update showed on my phone. Unfortunately our TWC is Gen2 so probably it won't apply to us. But credit to Tesla for further unifying things under a single app.

I wonder if this is the start of them adding the mandatory features that allows them to be sold in the UK under new regulations?

I don;t think they are allowed to sell them at the moment, but they are still available at shop.tesla.com. Tesla do tend to ignore regulations they don't like until forced i guess.

Noticed an app update this morning and the option to add my wall charger to it. Just been through the process and can now see the charger, conduct updates, see charging history and a few other bits. Nice addition

View attachment 823870
I have the update and a gen 3 charger, but I don’t have the option to add my Wall Connector. What is “the process” of which you speak?

Reactions: Superjohn
With solar and Powerwall, it shows the following…
6EDF000D-369B-4E5F-A558-C32A27AA4B68.png

We have two Gen3 wall connectors, and the picture of the car in the garage alternates between the two if they’re both plugged in.

As part of the setup, you can configure start/stop charge times and also a 10 minute randomisation for start time as per legislation.

I hope they also enhance them to support automatically charging with excess solar. Something which is sorely missing from them just now.

Paired mine this morning, it updated the firmware to 22.24.5 and.... I can schedule charging!

You can set a start time and, finally, a "finish by" time as well as a randomised start delay to help with grid balancing. Obviously I have yet to see if this works, but I'm keen to give it a go.

Main bugbear at the moment: To see or change the schedule settings it looks like you have to go through the setup process again as it can only be done when directly connected to the TWC hot spot. I didn't leave the car plugged in.