Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wall connector gen 3 wi-fi problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have installed the GEN 3 and it has a tiny Q Code inside that gives me the password of WBSB7S20003M02048 which of course does not work. I have tried removing leading characters etc with no luck. I am very technically savvy but no love at all. Any ideas?

I have installed the GEN 3 and it has a tiny Q Code inside that gives me the password of WBSB7S20003M02048 which of course does not work. I have tried removing leading characters etc with no luck. I am very technically savvy but no love at all. Any ideas?
That may be a product number, not the credentials:
The Quickstart Guide, included in the Wall Connector Box, has a sticker on the top of the front page with important information about this unique device, and should be kept with the owner after commissioning.

To connect to the Wall Connector’s access point with a smartphone or laptop, scan the QR code on the Quickstart Guide sticker, or manually connect to the Wi-Fi network with the SSID and Password provided.

Installing a Wall Connector

I do not have the quick start guide - any options?
A unique SSID Wi-Fi network name and WPA2 password for connecting to the Wall Connector are printed on a label at the rear of the main unit, just don't ask me how to remove the unit.

I am in a same boat. Somehow I lost the WIFI connection on Gn3 TWC and cannot find my quickstart manual. I am try to figure out how to remove the TWC off the wall without damaging it.

Anyone knows a workaround for a bad IP. I got http://192.168.92.1to access the commissioning interface. It loads up but keeps on looping and nothing comes up. Is it possible to use the charger with no WIFI?
Just answering to myself in case anyone has the same issue. I fixed the commissioning interface by switching browsers. I was using goggle that was too dumb to initiate the IP command so instead open duck duck go or Firefox and worked immediately. I set mine with no hassles and went really well.

• Informative
Reactions: BGbreeder
I just installed my today and could not connect to the WiFi wall connector. I tried my android phone, Chromebook and my daughters iPhone. All said bad password. Could not connect with the QR code.

What I had to do is to manually create the WiFi and selected WPA2 for security and entered in the password and was able to connect and finish setting up the wall connector.

Hi All, My Tesla is coming next week and I setup the Gen3 charger. After a headache, I was able to connect to the charger. Then I connect to my home router and it reads signal strength 2 bars, Active is checked, but connected to the internet and connected to the Tesla are "X'ed" out. I dont know if it matters but I dont have the vehicle yet.

Good questions !!! I am in the same boat. Can not connect even tried manual SSID and password input. Maybe because we don’t have the car yet ??!!
I had no trouble installing my Gen 3 wall connector before I got the car. I connected first to the wall connector's SSID (using the QR code) and from there configured the connection to my home WiFi.

One possible source of difficulty is that the wall connector only broadcasts its own SSID for a few minutes after power is applied. So you might need to cycle power to wake it up.

SO, just to add to this. I too suffered the "no internet connection" problem from the Tesla network... I tried everything mentioned above with no result. Finally, I just tried pressing the handle button for 5 seconds to generate wifi and tried connecting over and over again until it randomly connected without the "no internet connection" error... Then I quickly scanned the QR code for the IP address to commission the wall charger... I managed to get through adding my wifi network the first time before being disconnected, and then it took me a couple more tires to get connected again to get the amperage set correctly. Just for good measure, I went through this trouble a third time because I wanted to ensure everything was set up - And low and behold, my firmware was up to date, my amperage was correct as well as my wifi network... Success (if you can call it that!)

Now on to new business... I had to do this because my old charger failed (solid red light etc). I have reached out to the North American wall charger support to ask about warranty as my old charger was only 3.5 years old. Has anyone else experienced a faulty charger? And if so have you gone through the warranty process? The guy at my local Tesla shop told me I had to send the old one back and wait for them to send me a new charger in order to get it covered... I don't live in the city, but work there so waiting weeks for that to happen was NOT happening, so I ordered and installed a new charger... Now I am waiting to hear back from them on the old one... Wish me luck

I had a v2 wall connector replaced under warranty recently, due to a crack in the charge handle. I called the main Tesla # 1-877-798-3752 to speak with support. Their phone menu options direct you to Tesla Energy and the person I spoke with there connected me to wall connector support, who took my information, asked for photos of the wall connector and authorized a warranty replacement. They sent the new wall connector out, and emailed me a FedEx pre-paid shipping label to return the old one once I swapped the units. The whole process was pretty painless. I believe the warranty is 4 years, so your unit should be covered by warranty. I hope this helps.