Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want an Dash Button to activate Siri

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like most Tesla users with an iPhone have to rely on “HEY Siri” to call people and do other Apple tasks (especially because Tesla Voice Activation doesn’t understand my thick Aussie Accent)

The challenge is, if the phone is in your pocket, Hey Siri, doesn’t work.

What would be awesome if there was some 3rd Party button I could mount that would activate Siri listening mode. Something similar to the Amazon Dash Button.

Hoping someone knows of something or has solved this

07968762-16D1-4F9D-A7E2-F341D094EFBE.png

Wish that worked...I have one...but it is not connected to the Bluetooth of the car and hence I have all other sorts of issues...have you connected your watch to the car???
Nope. Just found my wrist is as convenient. But seriously, I don’t think the WatchOS Bluetooth profiles are enough to do a direct connection to the car. Unlikely for only technical or commercial reasons.

Do you usually have your phone in the docking station? If so, I just say "Hey Siri" and Siri will respond and the car Bluetooth will activate. (You need to have the option set and will need to say Hey Siri louder than the car stereo).

I would much prefer a button but it is an alternative.

Reactions: Scott7 and tambam
I didn't know. LOL
Thanks.
I have to ask - you never used the right button? It is for Tesla's voice commands (same as touching the microphone on the screen).

I just tried it.
It works but the commands are very limited.
I wish I could say" show energy" and it will bring up the energy graph. Etc
Show tire pressure.
Wiper speed to two.

Last edited:
Reactions: ai4px and TT97
I didn't know. LOL
Thanks.

I just tried it.
It works but the commands are very limited.
I wish I could say" show energy" and it will bring up the energy graph. Etc
Show tire pressure.
Wiper speed to two.

Limited is an understatement! As far as I am aware, it is just navigation, phone and music for now. If you search on TMC, there are threads on known commands. It seems they may be expanding commands in the near future.

Yes , Siri and Google assistant need a button since Tesla doesn't want to integrate carplay and Android auto. This is one of the biggest gripes I have with the infotainment. The fact that people are coming up with work arounds are an example of why this is needed.

First the button , then full integration with carplay and Android auto :). One can dream. It can simply be a screen accessed like the energy graph.

Apple has some really nice integrations for Assistive devices, such as bluetooth switches, which can be set up in the Settings->Accessibility->Switch Control section. Might be worth a look.

• Helpful
Reactions: Intohouse