Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want some bag hooks in the back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are made in China but are not knock-offs. They are OEM parts that VW/AUDI manufacture in China for worldwide use. I've had them for close to a year now and they are working great.

Good to know, thanks! I ordered a set. Thanks for the link! I gave you a Rep point for that find! (and to Chris TX for discovering the mod too!)

Good to know, thanks! I ordered a set. Thanks for the link! I gave you a Rep point for that find! (and to Chris TX for discovering the mod too!)

Wow, thanks for the Rep point! I was wondering what those green bars were!
Here is a link to the reinforcing plates I used and Chris refers to in the DIY writeup:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004Z0SZ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

The big box stores may have them but it was easier to just have them sent right to my front door. They aren't really required but I like to over engineer when possible (aerospace background) as my Dad used to say "do it once and do it right".

Last edited:
These appear to mount where I've seen other people add in strip LED lighting for the trunk.

Am I correct in thinking these might interfere with those type of additional trunk lighting systems?

I think it depends on the LED light strip used. Many are very thin and can coexist with the bag hooks folding over them when retracted. Maybe someone who has installed both can comment.