Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warm Circuit Breaker - Normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my Model S! She's been plugged into the brand new 50 Amp circuit for about two hours. Since it is a new circuit, I went around checking the connections for anything out of the ordinary.

I noticed the new circuit breaker in the panel is slightly warmer than the rest of them. Is this normal, or something to be concerned about? It is by no means hot, and it is only slightly warmer than the rest, but there is a very small temperature change.

FlasherZ probably just has me paranoid, but I wanted to make sure that was normal! Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Dave

I noticed the new circuit breaker in the panel is slightly warmer than the rest of them. Is this normal, or something to be concerned about? It is by no means hot, and it is only slightly warmer than the rest, but there is a very small temperature change.

Slightly warmer is just fine, especially for high currents. If it gets hot to the touch, you have a problem. Otherwise you're fine.