Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warranty expiring - List of typical failures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lte has nothing to do with it, but if you get a newer mcu with compatibility harness - then yes you got a fixed mcu.

How would I know if I did? By part# or ?

Just spent $1100 to replace the park brake modules on a 2013 P85 with 154,000 miles

Ouch - sorry. This is the type of excessive expense we're hoping to avoid. What were the symptoms leading up to it?

Our car is still in the shop as the brake pedal sensor went out while it was there, which would not allow it to go into drive (can't sense that your foot is on the brake). I'll have to check what this would have cost. It scares me that there is no other source of parts OR labor on these things to keep cost in check.

Parking brake would get stuck on and throw a bunch of errors about a parking brake fault and it would take a ton of resets and fiddling with park to get it to disengage (one time, I even had to disconnect the positive terminal from the battery. Also, pressing the P on the stalk rapidly in quick succession would sometimes work when it wouldn’t want to engage the parking brake). Most of these issues happened whenever it was raining or slushy out. After they replaced my parking brakes, I still had the same problem. Just got it back yesterday after they tracked the issue down to a corroded pin in a connector by the parking brake unit near the wheel.