Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MSLR Blue exterior, black interior, base wheels, No FSD. So since I don't need it right away, I can keep it at financing to drag on the time a little bit? And depeding on when I get VIN I might need to delay delivery.

Thanks
I have the same config, except with FSD. I think the wait is really about when they decided to build a batch that matches our config. I keep an eye on the discord channel for configs. I have not seen any with ours since 22 Feb (across the whole country). So I suspect when they do decide to make them they will take the next set of people in the list. They also tend to send a batch to a specific part of the country (from what I have seen).

I was also offered the 2021 model about 2 weeks ago that had the battery and drive train replaced, without an explanation why. They said it was "like new". I said I will wait. Besides, I want the new adaptive headlights :)

Car is beautiful, missing trunk cover and drivers door needs adjustment as it does not close fully without firm close. I am having difficulty removing the front license plate holder. Will be working on that tomorrow as I want pp without it on front. Will post pictures after picking up car from pp and tinting on Thursday. Wow is all I can say, as this car is so very different from my previous two MS’s, and will take me some time to get used to all the features/improvements. Delivery was painless and had nice discussion with Tesla driver, who indicated lots of cars being delivered from lynwood.
Awesome! I had the PPF shop remove the license plate holder. They were going to remove it anyway and I asked them to not install it again.

Mine is still saying a delivery of March 16-March 30th, so hoping it gets delivered. This is my first Tesla and seems like i should expect some imperfections. Is there a checklist that folks use?
This is the checklist most are using I think. I took this with me, but didn't really use it. I did take a good 1 hour to look over exterior/interior before accepting delivery. Having a second person with you is helpful.

Attachments

• Tesla Inspection Checklist 20210903(1).pdf
    123.8 KB · Views: 67
I have the same config, except with FSD. I think the wait is really about when they decided to build a batch that matches our config. I keep an eye on the discord channel for configs. I have not seen any with ours since 22 Feb (across the whole country). So I suspect when they do decide to make them they will take the next set of people in the list. They also tend to send a batch to a specific part of the country (from what I have seen).

I was also offered the 2021 model about 2 weeks ago that had the battery and drive train replaced, without an explanation why. They said it was "like new". I said I will wait. Besides, I want the new adaptive headlights :)
Yep i was offered that exact one too, said would give 9k off the price, guy called me from a las vegas number, almost didn't pick up. Yea i've seen a couple black refresh model S around Seattle and bellevue but not a blue one yet. So where is the discord link?
Thanks

Reactions: Mark II
Yep i was offered that exact one too, said would give 9k off the price, guy called me from a las vegas number, almost didn't pick up. Yea i've seen a couple black refresh model S around Seattle and bellevue but not a blue one yet. So where is the discord link?
Thanks
Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

Shows inventory, not necessarily tied to actual deliveries. However there is some overlap between the two. I.e. when inventory of a specific config shows up it usually coincides with deliveries.

The link is for WA. If you search for msawd blue/black/19" in the search box on top right it shows across all the states.

Unfortunately mine changed this morning from 3/15-3/29 to 3/21-4/11. Not as dramatic a change as some have been in the past. Still hopeful it will be soon!
Bummer. Whats your config and order seq? Mine is blk/blk/19inch/nofsd and R1161. It is still holding steady but i am not optimistic. .
Woot! My EDD changed again today, to 3/19-3/23, and more importantly, I have a VIN! It just got real :)

Config is in my signature, MSLR/DBM/B/19s/FSD, i.e. Deep Blue Metallic / Black.

Thanks
Looks like a hard sell. I got the same offer from that Las Vegas number and I passed. I'm glad my car finally will arrive next week.

Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

Shows inventory, not necessarily tied to actual deliveries. However there is some overlap between the two. I.e. when inventory of a specific config shows up it usually coincides with deliveries.

The link is for WA. If you search for msawd blue/black/19" in the search box on top right it shows across all the states.
Don’t think that link works, I have discord already I just need the invite to the server. Thanks

I have been monitoring other LR delivery forum for a while and just discovered this one for Seattle area. I am still waiting for my MSLR which I ordered in May last year and, like many here, had to deal with disappointment of seeing EDD move many a times. Are there any May orders here still unfulfilled? Has anyone with a Red color with order date around mine had their car delivered?

I have been monitoring other LR delivery forum for a while and just discovered this one for Seattle area. I am still waiting for my MSLR which I ordered in May last year and, like many here, had to deal with disappointment of seeing EDD move many a times. Are there any May orders here still unfulfilled? Has anyone with a Red color with order date around mine had their car delivered?
There’s a whole thread of RN1149 and earlier orders with folks still waiting.

Woot! My EDD changed again today, to 3/19-3/23, and more importantly, I have a VIN! It just got real :)

That's awesome. Sorry missed your signature. that's a long wait for you.

Reactions: Mark II
I sent a letter today to Elon Musk to highlight my recent experience with pushed EDD’s and the complete lack of communication back on delayed LR order. i am not. sure it will make any difference, but I am a very upset and discouraged customer. The SA suggested I inform EM about this.
How did you send letter to Elon? Was it a written letter sent via post to their headquarters?

What time did you get your vin?
When I checked at 9:23 AM the EDD had changed from 3/15-3/29 to 3/21-4/11 (compared to previous day)
Then when I checked again around 4:38 PM the EDD changed to 3/19-3/23 and the VIN was displayed, i.e. not even hidden.

I also got a text message and email from Tesla to schedule the delivery. Text at 5:09pm and email at 5:53pm.

Last edited: