Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rubber seal protrudes on most of the new S. Mine does, too. THAT said, don't take my car as an example as my car has literally (and I mean literally, mostly), - ha had everything wrong with it that's possible to have wrong. Anyone want to buy it? Still for sale. 1 in a million Plaid. None other like it.

Got a pic of your frunk?

Attachments

• IMG_3570.jpg
    IMG_3570.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3571.jpg
    IMG_3571.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
Quick question... I got the 60 A breaker installed at home, but the car is only charging at 47 A, I don't even see 60 A in the app. Is this common?

View attachment 769460
Charging limit is now 47A. Earlier MS’s with a second onboard charger installed, which I had in my 2012 and 2015 MS’s could charge up to 80A using earlier HPWCs, with 100A installation. Sorry to inform you on the new limitation. The newer HPWC’s do not allow charging at the higher level of my 2012 HPWC. golonoro’s point about 60A breaker is correct. My installation included 100A breaker, with 80A limit.

Last edited:
All new Model S and Model X since mid-Feb will not have radar. Not sure how I feel about that. Heard there are more phantom breaking issues without radar. Bad enough having my order delayed more than a year :-/
Yep, I expected as much, and I am also less than thrilled with the new rear end removing the black bar with Tesla emblem between the taillights, which made the car look really nice IMHO. I will be looking for after market options to dress up the plain refreshed rear end. EvanneX had an addition we purchased between the two M3 taillights, which made our M3 look more like the Model S accross the back. Hopefully they can also do something for the Model S.

Reactions: Mark II
Yep, I expected as much, and I am also less than thrilled with the new rear end removing the black bar with Tesla emblem between the taillights, which made the car look really nice IMHO. I will be looking for after market options to dress up the plain refreshed rear end. EvanneX had an addition we purchased between the two M3 taillights, which made our M3 look more like the Model S accross the back. Hopefully they can also do something for the Model S.
Agree, I prefer the silver / black bar! On the plus side, we get the new adaptive headlights :)

Reactions: Davidrun2B
Finally some good news to report. My EDD: 15-31 March changed this morning to 11-21 March tightening to 10 day window. I am cautiously optimistic that I will see a VIN in next 3 days. I am so anxious to have this 8 month nightmare over, 😊🤞🙏
Happy for you. Mine is still sitting at March 11 - 31. Thinking this week I’ll at least see some movement. Hopefully in the right direction!!

Reactions: Vick sandhu