Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD changed from Jan 7 - Feb 4 to Jan 17 - Feb 14. Hopefully sometime this month I'll see a VIN too!
You are still in the range of many of us with MSM configuration, which makes me confident that you and hopefully all of us get some Tesla love and VINs with deliveries soon. The other thread indicated that MSM builds expected mid January. It will be interesting to see what happens when I hit my EDD window next week. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Reactions: dkc21
You are still in the range of many of us with MSM configuration, which makes me confident that you and hopefully all of us get some Tesla love and VINs with deliveries soon. The other thread indicated that MSM builds expected mid January. It will be interesting to see what happens when I hit my EDD window next week. Fingers crossed!
I agree. Let's wait and watch :)

Delivery just pushed from Tuesday to Thursday.

I just spoke with our detail team and they requested a little more time with the car to make sure it's looking its best at delivery. I'm going to tentatively reschedule your delivery to Thursday, 1/13 at the same time, but if a different time works better please let me know and we're happy to accommodate. Thank you in advance for your flexibility and have a great weekend!
Is that a euphemism for "damage" or "weather" or "Washington State is cut off from the rest of the country by road"? Hope it sticks.

EDD moved from Jan 8 - Jan 18 (slip this morning) to Jan 9 - Jan 15 just now.
New VIN assigned.
NF4647xx.

Anybody have any idea that where to take car for car wash near Mapple valley? After snow i washed at home once, but sometimes lazy and have no time. Any recommendations?
No Touch Car Wash near Safeway in Covington is the only place I take my cars.

• Informative
Reactions: Vick sandhu
No Touch Car Wash near Safeway in Covington is the only place I take my cars.
You talking about one next to autozone and jack in the box ? I end of washing at home , then went to auto zone and saw that, been there once before. Was trying to remember where did i go snd found out later yesterday after washing at home. From now on will go there.
Thanks

Reactions: golonoro
You talking about one next to autozone and jack in the box ? I end of washing at home , then went to auto zone and saw that, been there once before. Was trying to remember where did i go snd found out later yesterday after washing at home. From now on will go there.
Thanks
While it feels incredibly strange to be planning this when I don't have the car yet and don't know when I will actually have it, does Elephant car wash actually clean well with just a high pressure wash system?

I avoid car washes that use brushes and clean it myself but would love it if I didn't have to do that. Just curious how effective it is and whether or not I need to go there regularly to make sure that dirt/grime don't settle.

I am new to the forum. Here is my story:
Our Tesla MS order:
9/25/2020 ordered Plaid+
6/7/2021 Plaid+ cancellation announced
Mid June 2021 order changed to MS LR, estimated delivery date at first was for July, with subsequent revisions
12/23/2021 VIN arrived, and delivery appointment made for 12/28/2021
12/26/2021 request from Portland SC to reschedule delivery appointment, which was changed to 12/31/2021.
12/27/2021 the VIN disappeared, and new delivery window Jan 4-8 (bad weather on I5 mountain pass)
12/31/2021 delivery window changed to Jan 21 - Feb 18
1/5/2022 second new VIN appeared on Tesla account, delivery window Jan 8-15
1/10/2022 second VIN disappeared on Tesla account, same delivery window
So 1.25 years after the initial order, and 2 VINs issued and retracted, we are still waiting. Is this common? Does anyone have an older order than this?

Our Tesla MS order:
9/25/2020 ordered Plaid+
Mid June 2021 order changed to MS LR, estimated delivery date at first was for July, with subsequent revisions
12/26/2021 request from Portland SC to reschedule delivery appointment, which was changed to 12/31/2021.
12/27/2021 the VIN disappeared, and new delivery window Jan 4-8 (bad weather on I5 mountain pass)
So 1.25 years after the initial order, and 2 VINs issued and retracted, we are still waiting. Is this common? Does anyone have an older order than this?
My guess is that you are getting treated like a June 2021 order. I assume you are not a White interior config, since those are coming later than folks that ordered well after with a black interior.

Sucks for sure. I’m at 8 months and I’m not sure how I would feel if I received 2 VINs and got them taken away.

Our Tesla MS order:
9/25/2020 ordered Plaid+
Howdy neighbor? What's your order configuration?

My 5 month wait has been tough, but 1+ years is pretty rough. Like @CongoBongo mentioned, it's likely you are getting treated like a June 2021 order. On the LR thread, we see folks who have been waiting on MSLR since Feb-March of 2021.

Any explanation from Portland SC regarding the second VIN getting pulled? First VIN makes sense due to bad weather, but my understanding is the roads are OK now from Fremont to Portland.

There are other people on this thread in Seattle area who recently got VIN and will be taking delivery. I would be curious if their VINs get pulled too.

Just to update, my S left Fremont yesterday and should be at the Portland DC by Thursday or late Wednesday night. Roads are all good right now.

Also, I spoke to a loan agent from my credit union today and he said the past two days have been flooded with loans for Tesla in our area. We are guessing that the crazy weather we had created a backlog of deliveries. Here's hoping the floodgates have opened and that the VINs will start popping up for everyone.

I stopped by the Washington Square store this past weekend to see if they would give any insight about my order and if they say it's months away, I was set on ordering a M3P. I got to sit in the MS Plaid they had on the floor and chat with a friendly person who works there. That was that and my mind is dead set on the MS no matter how long I have to wait for it. (I know it hasn't been as long for me as most here, so I am buckling up to wait my turn)

I spoke with two people there and both were upfront and said they have no more info than the website and if they say anything about EDDs, they would be doing a disservice to me, which I understand and appreciated their honesty.

Sidenote: MSM is my favorite color for the MS, but it's my wife's least favorite. So here we are :)

2022-01-09 16.44.34.jpg
2022-01-09 16.40.55.jpg

2022-01-09 16.46.33.jpg

Our Tesla MS order:
9/25/2020 ordered Plaid+
Nope, I am similar to you with Plaid+ order September 2020. Lots of EDDs with no VINs though. I will be coming up to front end of my latest EDD tomorrow, and do not expect much. Would love to be surprised. Welcome to the LR waiting room. Lots of unhappy and frustrated folks like you. There are older orders than you, so you are not the oldest in line. Hopefully Tesla will honor our orders and get us our cars.

I stopped by the Washington Square store this past weekend to see if they would give any insight about my order and if they say it's months away, I was set on ordering a M3P. I got to sit in the MS Plaid they had on the floor and chat with a friendly person who works there. That was that and my mind is dead set on the MS no matter how long I have to wait for it. (I know it hasn't been as long for me as most here, so I am buckling up to wait my turn)

I spoke with two people there and both were upfront and said they have no more info than the website and if they say anything about EDDs, they would be doing a disservice to me, which I understand and appreciated their honesty.

Sidenote: MSM is my favorite color for the MS, but it's my wife's least favorite. So here we are :)

View attachment 754451View attachment 754452
View attachment 754450
Thanks for the pics, Reinforced why I chose MSM. I have MSM LR with cream interior on order, with 19" wheels

My guess is that you are getting treated like a June 2021 order. I assume you are not a White interior config, since those are coming later than folks that ordered well after with a black interior.

Sucks for sure. I’m at 8 months and I’m not sure how I would feel if I received 2 VINs and got them taken away.
Being treated like a June 2021 order, after two VINs seems strange. The interior is black. The current EDD is now March 24-31.
Here is what was in a text message from the Portland SC:
"You got assigned a VIN well in advance of production (normally the Vin gets assigned the day the car rolls out of the factory. We are working on matching you to a new VIN that will come sooner that is finishing production so you may see a change on there about this. Want to get it to you asap!"
At this point, we are not sure what to believe.

Howdy neighbor? What's your order configuration?

My 5 month wait has been tough, but 1+ years is pretty rough. Like @CongoBongo mentioned, it's likely you are getting treated like a June 2021 order. On the LR thread, we see folks who have been waiting on MSLR since Feb-March of 2021.

Any explanation from Portland SC regarding the second VIN getting pulled? First VIN makes sense due to bad weather, but my understanding is the roads are OK now from Fremont to Portland.

There are other people on this thread in Seattle area who recently got VIN and will be taking delivery. I would be curious if their VINs get pulled too.
Hi neighbor! Our order is for the Model S LR, midnight silver metallic (MSM), with black interior, standard wheels, and full self driving. When we ordered the Plaid+, the full self driving was $8K. When the Plaid+ was cancelled, the FSD had increased to $10K (now $12K). Our delivery agreement shows the FSD at $10K. When I noticed this last June, the Portland SC said that at the time of delivery, that would be corrected back to $8K. As a result of that, we do not want to pay in advance, as the app has been asking us to do, since the amount needs to be modified.
With the first VIN, and days away from delivery, I had insurance set up, and paid for. I let the insurance agent know the first VIN was no longer ours, and gave him the second VIN when it became available. Of course I had to tell him the second VIN was no longer ours, and that we will be looking for a 3rd VIN. When I looked at the delivery configuration on our web account page, the second VIN is still listed, even though the main page no longer shows the second VIN.
The explanation from Portland SC:
"You got assigned a VIN well in advance of production (normally the Vin gets assigned the day the car rolls out of the factory. We are working on matching you to a new VIN that will come sooner that is finishing production so you may see a change on there about this. Want to get it to you asap!"
Concerning a new VIN that will come sooner than the second VIN, I will believe it when it happens.
I wonder if they will be assigning an open VIN to us, or if they are going to assign a VIN from someone else. I certainly would not feel good about taking a VIN from someone else (even though that appears to have happened to us twice now!)

• Informative
Reactions: ShanVan
Nope, I am similar to you with Plaid+ order September 2020. Lots of EDDs with no VINs though. I will be coming up to front end of my latest EDD tomorrow, and do not expect much. Would love to be surprised. Welcome to the LR waiting room. Lots of unhappy and frustrated folks like you. There are older orders than you, so you are not the oldest in line. Hopefully Tesla will honor our orders and get us our cars.
September 2020, and no VIN sounds bad. Having 2 VINs retracted feels like we are being taunted. I hope your VIN comes through soon.
My friend, Cal and his wife placed a Plaid+ order within 15 minutes of our order, and when the Plaid+ was cancelled, I went with him to the Portland SC. He changed his order to the Plaid, and I changed our order to the LR. We drove them to pick up their Plaid in late July or early August. What a difference!

Hi neighbor! Our order is for the Model S LR, midnight silver metallic (MSM), with black interior, standard wheels, and full self driving. When we ordered the Plaid+, the full self driving was $8K. When the Plaid+ was cancelled, the FSD had increased to $10K (now $12K). Our delivery agreement shows the FSD at $10K. When I noticed this last June, the Portland SC said that at the time of delivery, that would be corrected back to $8K. As a result of that, we do not want to pay in advance, as the app has been asking us to do, since the amount needs to be modified.
With the first VIN, and days away from delivery, I had insurance set up, and paid for. I let the insurance agent know the first VIN was no longer ours, and gave him the second VIN when it became available. Of course I had to tell him the second VIN was no longer ours, and that we will be looking for a 3rd VIN. When I looked at the delivery configuration on our web account page, the second VIN is still listed, even though the main page no longer shows the second VIN.
The explanation from Portland SC:
Concerning a new VIN that will come sooner than the second VIN, I will believe it when it happens.
I wonder if they will be assigning an open VIN to us, or if they are going to assign a VIN from someone else. I certainly would not feel good about taking a VIN from someone else (even though that appears to have happened to us twice now!)
I have an X ordered when FSD was $8k as well. the MVPA did not update until yesterday, but it did get updated - I take delivery of the car today