Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the same boat with you. Very similar order time 07/18/2022 with EDD just showing Feb now. I was seriously thinking about buying plaid or inventory long range. Hopefully we will get our cars soon!🤞
Yep, me too, this has been one long wait starting in Sep 2020. I considered going the Plaid option after Plaid+ option went away, but the more I compared the LR with Plaid, the more It became clear that LR was the better option for me. I care more about range and the LR performance is awesome and all that I would ever need.

Reactions: jdr3d and golonoro
Yep, me too, this has been one long wait starting in Sep 2020. I considered going the Plaid option after Plaid+ option went away, but the more I compared the LR with Plaid, the more It became clear that LR was the better option for me. I care more about range and the LR performance is awesome and all that I would ever need.
LR is same like plaid in insane mode, i tried for a mile, it was super fast and i changed it back to chill mode. Chill mode is already fast enough. I didn’t tried yet in Drag mode.

Reactions: jdr3d
Well, here is a cautionary tale for anyone daring to express their displeasure to Tesla for their endless EDD pushback game. Tesla's response to my rant yesterday was to push my EDD back yet again. My former EDD: 12 Jan-9 Feb has now changed to 19 Jan-16 Feb. I feel that it is direct retaliation for expressing my frustration. I feel exhausted and little hope that I will ever get my car. I hope CongoBongo gets his car. It is outrageous that we are forced to wait and wait and wait, with endless delays and EDD pushbacks.☹️😫😩😭🥵

Last night our third VIN appeared. EDD is now Jan 15-23.
I do not know, but I was wondering if all of the VINs are sequential, as the vehicles come out of the factory?
It was 13 days between the first (12/23/21) and second VIN (1/5/22), and the VIN numbers differed by 1426, which would be about 110 vehicles per day.
It was 7 days between the second (1/5/22) and third VIN (1/12/22, and the VIN numbers differed by 3430, which would be 490 vehicles per day (third VIN 3430 greater than second VIN).
I was told the second VIN was a preproduction VIN which should not have been issued, and delivery would have been 30 days delayed. If that is truly the case, then the VINs cannot be sequential as the vehicles come out of the factory. Any thoughts?

Took delivery this morning of my long range, super happy! Thanks for the positivity and support on this forum, good to know the pains we all have been through. Hopeful that you all see your rides soon, too, as the EDD's tighten up.

Wrong angle for the sun here (horrible first outdoor pic), there's so much road debris out there, taking this to get to the tint shop soon. These front plates are a nightmare but got that safely off, too, this evening.

p.s. car was delivered with everything... no missing parts, no missing fobs, all the proper trunk covers, floor mats, etc.

1642126318112.jpeg

Last edited:
Still sitting at Jan 16-26 at this point. Shortest window other than the ridiculous 12/30-12/31 one that I got back in early Dec, so I’m hopeful for a VIN in a few days.
There have been several W/W configs on the LR thread that ordered around same time frame as you and they recently got VIN. Hope you will get it soon.

The stringing us along part really sucks. If they were upfront and said, it's going to be 9 months from order date, then we all can prepare better. Mine will probably come in April, which was the original EDD, but then they changed it 10 times and pulled in as early as December. Now it keeps pushing out week by week.

There have been several W/W configs on the LR thread that ordered around same time frame as you and they recently got VIN. Hope you will get it soon.

The stringing us along part really sucks. If they were upfront and said, it's going to be 9 months from order date, then we all can prepare better. Mine will probably come in April, which was the original EDD, but then they changed it 10 times and pulled in as early as December. Now it keeps pushing out week by week.
Yep, couldn't agree with you more. This endless shifting of our EDD's out just as we enter our EDD window is cruel IMHO.

Reactions: ShanVan
Took delivery this morning of my long range, super happy! Thanks for the positivity and support on this forum, good to know the pains we all have been through. Hopeful that you all see your rides soon, too, as the EDD's tighten up.

Wrong angle for the sun here (horrible first outdoor pic), there's so much road debris out there, taking this to get to the tint shop soon. These front plates are a nightmare but got that safely off, too, this evening.

p.s. car was delivered with everything... no missing parts, no missing fobs, all the proper trunk covers, floor mats, etc.

View attachment 755455
Beautiful car, congratulations. Great to see WA deliveries of LR MS. I will be removing my front plate holder as well.