Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure if this is common knowledge, so forgive me if this is old news. I accepted delivery yesterday on my MYLR from the Renton location. My SA mentioned they are opening a brand new and MUCH bigger service center in Fife. They are simply running out of room at the Renton location to hold these cars, including those being serviced. This was great news for me since I'm closer to that Tacoma area. I didn't catch when he said it would open, but hopefully soon.

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge, so forgive me if this is old news. I accepted delivery yesterday on my MYLR from the Renton location. My SA mentioned they are opening a brand new and MUCH bigger service center in Fife. They are simply running out of room at the Renton location to hold these cars, including those being serviced. This was great news for me since I'm closer to that Tacoma area. I didn't catch when he said it would open, but hopefully soon.
Good to hear them still talking about it but it is definitely coming on Tesla time. 9 months ago it was going to be open in 6 months.

It's taxed on delivery location. Because Sodo and Bellevue only do home delivery, you're taxed based on home address. If you take delivery at Lynnwood or Renton, you are taxed at those rates. Renton is lowest
Went into Lynnwood SC today and changed out to home delivery. However, according to the person I spoke with, the tax is calculated at whichever SC your order is pinned to, not your delivery address.

Has anyone taken home delivery and had tax calculated where they live?

I found this pretty useful guide to the WA budget process that could tell us when the state EV tax credit may pass. According to this, it could go into effect on 7/1:
23896741-78E4-464F-93B7-0494A833BD89.png

Ref: https://ofm.wa.gov/sites/default/files/public/legacy/reports/budgetprocess.pdf

Of course my current EDD falls right about that time on either side.
1643532963655.png

Dude, are you still waiting for your car?
Yeah still waiting but really it's not a big deal. There is almost 100% probability it'll have the Ryzen, lithium 12v, maybe even some of the other updates will trickle into the production line before mine gets here. Allegedly it'll be third week in Feb but the SA's don't seem to know much more than we do in most cases. Current EDD is Jan 31 - Feb 12.

Yeah still waiting but really it's not a big deal. There is almost 100% probability it'll have the Ryzen, lithium 12v, maybe even some of the other updates will trickle into the production line before mine gets here. Allegedly it'll be third week in Feb but the SA's don't seem to know much more than we do in most cases. Current EDD is Jan 31 - Feb 12.
Mine is still 2/2-3/2 but I've already been informed that they "hope" to get me a car in March. I ordered almost a full month after you. I get that there are supply chain constraints but it makes no sense that people who ordered in October are still waiting for cars when people who ordered in December are getting delivered already. Here is hoping for a smooth experience once the car actually lands.

Mine is still 2/2-3/2 but I've already been informed that they "hope" to get me a car in March. I ordered almost a full month after you. I get that there are supply chain constraints but it makes no sense that people who ordered in October are still waiting for cars when people who ordered in December are getting delivered already. Here is hoping for a smooth experience once the car actually lands.
A buddy of mine just ordered a MYP last night, same build but different color. Woke up to a 3 week EDD range this morning so we'll see if that sticks. If he ends up getting his car before me I am going to lose my *sugar*.