Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else get any updates this weekend?

My last Tesla text communication suggested an ETA anywhere from 9/24-9/30. I contacted my SA on 9/9, where she said I should be getting a VIN soon. Radio silence since then.

text from advisor today to pick delivery date. VIN (53xxx) showed up in my acc. afterwards. Picking up Tuesday.

pearl white/20”/black interior/no tow/no FSD
9/4: ordered
9/9: 2-3 wk text
9/17: 5-12 days text
9/20: text from advisor for delivery

• Informative
Reactions: Janene
Ordered on September 12th (6-10 week estimate) and filled out remaining trade-in and payment details a few days later. One surprise is that the two options given for delivery were not the most convenient. Asked sales associate to change it before we filled in the remaining details, although it did not get changed. We never had the option of choosing the delivery location closest to us. This morning, a text message to schedule delivery today at the delivery location rather far from our house. Used the link to see what times were being offered, and it has been switched to home delivery later this week. Saves us a bit of a drive certainly but I'm guessing that doesn't give you a reasonable half hour or so to inspect. Plus the fact that it could be dark if they are running late. Not sure what we want to do as this all came up so quickly. No warning that it could be less than two weeks to delivery.

• Informative
Ordered on September 12th (6-10 week estimate) and filled out remaining trade-in and payment details a few days later. One surprise is that the two options given for delivery were not the most convenient. Asked sales associate to change it before we filled in the remaining details, although it did not get changed. We never had the option of choosing the delivery location closest to us. This morning, a text message to schedule delivery today at the delivery location rather far from our house. Used the link to see what times were being offered, and it has been switched to home delivery later this week. Saves us a bit of a drive certainly but I'm guessing that doesn't give you a reasonable half hour or so to inspect. Plus the fact that it could be dark if they are running late. Not sure what we want to do as this all came up so quickly. No warning that it could be less than two weeks to delivery.
text from advisor today to pick delivery date. VIN (53xxx) showed up in my acc. afterwards. Picking up Tuesday.

pearl white/20”/black interior/no tow/no FSD
9/4: ordered
9/9: 2-3 wk text
9/17: 5-12 days text
9/20: text from advisor for delivery
Who’s your advisor?

I’m not aware of one. Happy for you. I texted my SA and she said that I will have my car within 10 days. Ordered 8/6
I'm happy to hear you'll have yours before month's end.

Ours came so quickly that I'm wondering why. Best guess is that the intended recipient delayed, and for whatever reason they decided to assign it to us. I'd ask Tesla, but I wouldn't trust a sales associate to be 100% honest, so there isn't much point to that. We are going to call in the morning and see if we can work out a time to get it at the service center. I don't see how you can do a reasonable inspection with a home delivery.

• Informative
When I click on the schedule link, it is offering for home delivery. What are folks choosing - delivery at home or at dealership?

We had our SA change to dealership delivery. Reasons:
  • For where we live in the city, it'd be a bad experience to try and inspect the car. I don't want to feel uncomfortable/rushed while inspecting the car!
  • By being at the service center, I'm hoping it'll be easier to address or get assurances about issues before signing any paperwork.
  • I want to experience a "drive home". :)
If you choose to switch, make sure to keep an eye on the schedule page. We switched, and two times the system changed us back to home delivery and chose a time for us. I'm guessing this happened because although our SA switched us to dealership delivery, the schedule page never offered us appointments (reason unknown). Thus, at the end of each day the system decided it needed to force a home delivery appointment on us.

Anyways, after the second switch back, our SA simply asked us when we wanted to come by, and they force set an appointment that we now see on our manage order page. So far the appointment has stuck. We're going to still check that page at least once a day though to make sure the system doesn't try to mess things up again.

• Helpful
Reactions: asharma17
At this point I'm going to be fuming if you don't receive your car by next week! It's extremely frustrating that I am taking delivery on Wednesday for my 8/30 order and your early August order is still just an estimate :mad:
I’m happy for you and to your point disappointed with the handling of my post order experience. Fingers crossed that I get my car ASAP. They assure me that the SA’s and MGR’s are looking at each case daily—so wouldn’t it be easy to at least every 5-6 days at the least ping the customer to say “hey—no change. Please know that I’m your Tesla advocate and will keep you posted if I see anything change/advance”. The good news is by the 30th I shouldn’t have any additional mental space on this purchase.

Well today was supposed to be my soft match day, but we shall see if I hear anything. Ordered 8/15, my Q4 2019 Model 3 was much faster than this. I have hopes the Y has fewer issues than the 3 because of this (not getting my hopes up on that front lol).