Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 7/30, got a VIN assigned 266xxx with an EDD of 9/11-9/14

Need to redo trade value, it came in a lot lower than the estimate but the pics had my Zero-G wheels rather than the OEM wheels. Will be resubmitting pics with the OEM wheels tomorrow to see if they’ll meet their estimate. Carvana/Vroom offered too low to bother.

I had a similar experience so I just decided to just sell my car to Carvana. Ended up getting $4k more compared to doing trade in. Ordered 6/17 and my EDD got moved by few more days from 9/6-9/26 to 9/13-9/30. Hopefully I get a VIN soon. Also currently I have not been able to select financing but would it be possible to do Tesla financing once you get your vin? Thanks
It would be nice if when you go pick up your new car and you see issues with paint or quality you can then discount the price they wanted. Seems only fair if they can
Same here; seems like our VINs may arrive on 9/11-9/12 - two to three days before the window (as transportation time is 2-2.5 days from Freemont to Renton SC, consistently.
Did you EDD change today? Mine shifted to 9/14 - 9/30.

I've just got my VIN an hour ago :) Initially ordered in May for LR 7 seater with 20" induction. I had my reservation on hold until I unpaused it 2 weeks ago. Surprisingly I got my VIN today 261xxx
You're another data point that disproves the theory that if you put your order on hold, you'll be moved to the back of the line. I feel like the original order date still plays some role in how quickly they match you to a VIN after removing the hold but it isn't always consistent.

Reactions: jebinc
Sharing... I finally was assigned a decent SA and wanted to share some back and forth with you. Responses to #4 and #5 are interesting...

"I hope your leave was for recreation and not something more serious… Thanks for reaching out. I do have a couple of questions and requests;
  1. Are you located at my Renton DC, or some central location?
I am actually located in Bend, OR. I am part of the Virtual Team for this region.
  1. My EDD range (RN11558xxxx) has remained the same since ordering (unlike my Plaid order that delivered on 8/13); I was hoping you could tell me if I’ve been matched to any car yet (hard or soft matched). My concern is my trade in expires on 9/28. With the Plaid order, my Model 3 trade dropped over $7000 in two weeks, even though the mileage didn’t change. Thankfully, the Plaid delivered in the 30 day trade window.
I don’t see that you’ve been matched to a vehicle yet but everything else is as it should be, so I’ll keep an eye on your account this week to see if there’s any change and let you know.
  1. Related to #2, my Plaid SA (Nick F.) was going to add a note to the order indicating I am open to two other color combinations for my MYP order, w/Tow – 1) White and Black interior and Blue and White interior. Can you confirm that note was added.
Yes that note was added.
  1. Also, can you confirm that the Renton, WA SC added a note to my account/order to install the front Flaps and rear door PPF? There was confusion at that SC if the flaps and PPF were included. Bellevue, WA and Seattle DC/SCs confirmed this is the case for this region and was going to inform the Renton, WA SC management team.
I went ahead and created a new case regarding this so I could track it myself. I’ll notify you if/when I receive any updates regarding this.
  1. If my MYP is delayed to October or November production, will it be VIN coded as a 2022, as has been the case in year’s past?
I believe that would be the case but we’d have to get closer to that time window to be sure.

Thanks again for your assistance on the above."
@WilliamG