Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
welp, calling Tesla yielded no update.

The rep I spoke to was not able to tell me if/why my particular configuration for MYLR was taking longer than others to get matched, and he also strongly discouraged trying to compare and/or understand the logic behind why. His words: "we're not making a pair of sneakers, you're seeing first hand just how complicated the supply chain issues really are,"

Further, the rep seemed to speak down to me, saying: "we tried to match you once and you didn't accept" 🤦 "if you would have accepted you'd be in your car right now,"

So disrespectful in my opinion.

I told my SA in SoDo that I'm stopping in to escalate this; either get matched to a car and/or cancel my order. This is utterly ridiculous.

The rep I spoke to was not able to tell me if/why my particular configuration for MYLR was taking longer than others to get matched, and he also strongly discouraged trying to compare and/or understand the logic behind why. His words: "we're not making a pair of sneakers, you're seeing first hand just how complicated the supply chain issues really are,"

Further, the rep seemed to speak down to me, saying: "we tried to match you once and you didn't accept" 🤦 "if you would have accepted you'd be in your car right now,"

I told my SA in SoDo that I'm stopping in to escalate this; either get matched to a car and/or cancel my order. This is utterly ridiculous.
I mean if you're playing chicken with Tesla, they'll most likely be happy to cancel your order as there is a 6+ month wait for LR models, so it's not really their loss...

Reactions: Corndart

Sorry to hear that, I hope it didn’t ruin the full experience for you. Like I said before, I had one rep on the phone who was very helpful, and another in store who seemed not to know anything yet alone give me wrong info. It’s really hit or miss.

I really feel the SA in the stores vs the SA near Tesla HQ have different privileges. I say this because when they call me back the phone number is coming from Oakland and Bay areas, so I know it’s not directly back from a store locally.
I think they just have a block of corp-issued phones. the two SAs I've talked to in Seattle both have 510 area codes (East Bay CA incl. Fremont)

Reactions: Here4Comments
I really feel the SA in the stores vs the SA near Tesla HQ have different privileges. I say this because when they call me back the phone number is coming from Oakland and Bay areas, so I know it’s not directly back from a store locally.
I don't think that's true at all. With VOIP, you can have numbers assign to anyone regardless of location.

I say this because I ordered my MPY online and didn't realize I had received an automated confirmation text from Tesla after submitting my reservation. I went into the SLU Tesla showroom to test out a Model Y and chatted up with an SA there. I told him it's weird that people are typically assigned an SA and that I hadn't heard from mine. He went on his laptop and looked me up and said, "yeah, doesn't look like you were assign one, but strange that you should've received a text." I said I didn't recall receiving one and he sent me a test text message straight from his laptop. Got it and my previous confirmation text that I had missed but received, both from the same number. He said, "I just assigned myself as your SA." and since then been receiving his texts from the same 510 number. I believe it's just an automated number that if you call, goes to HQ and notifies your SA that you called for them to get back to you. So an SA could have dozens of phone numbers assigned to him.

Reactions: Obiwanjr