Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. And trade ins don't lose 9-10% in value every month.
My understanding is there is a slight dip in trade-in values around December/January, but they pick back up in March/April due to seasonality. I wouldn't be too concerned, the macro supply constraints with chips hasn't just suddenly resolved, and likely won't until end of this year or next year, meaning high used car prices are likely to stay.

My understanding is there is a slight dip in trade-in values around December/January, but they pick back up in March/April due to seasonality. I wouldn't be too concerned, the macro supply constraints with chips hasn't just suddenly resolved, and likely won't until end of this year or next year, meaning high used car prices are likely to stay.
My trade in went down 9-10% every month for 3 months in a row according to Tesla even without any additional miles being driven. I get seasonality but that is excessive.

My trade in went down 9-10% every month for 3 months in a row according to Tesla even without any additional miles being driven. I get seasonality but that is excessive.
Yes, that is kind of excessive, but that is in line with when new year models (ICE) vehicles typically get to dealers (Q4) and coincides with the turnover into a new year. Not to get your hopes up if it doesn't happen, but I am still chalking this up to seasonality and looking at the global macro picture, chip supply will be the primary constraint for car manufacturers (and any other company who uses chips, which is basically every company), which in turn lowers new car production and increases used car prices. Fully expecting used cars prices to pick back up by Spring-Summer and be high throughout this year.

MYLR - MSM | Black | 7 seat | 19" Gemini wheels | Tow | No FSD

Seattle area | Ordered 9/5

EDD was 2/11 to 2/25; as of this morning pushed back to 2/25 to 3/25. Was third time in window.
EDD had been pushed again to 2/17 - 3/3.

Checked this morning; is now 5/14 to 6/11. Am really pissed off with this crap now; was sure it would be March. Maybe it will change again and only temporary, but losing patience, especially as an increasing number of credible alternatives are coming available.

Reactions: HopefulCali
EDD had been pushed again to 2/17 - 3/3.

Checked this morning; is now 5/14 to 6/11. Am really pissed off with this crap now; was sure it would be March. Maybe it will change again and only temporary, but losing patience, especially as an increasing number of credible alternatives are coming available.
Mine got pushed again too, exactly another week. This is getting REALLY old.