Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just talked to my SA again and he confirmed that they have seen a large shift in EDD's for "most customers" and they are under the impression that it is due to something in the supply chain but they really don't know. I personally got shifted back another 8 days on my "soft match" and he says most people got shifted even further back. He says he doesn't know why and they are assuming it is supply chain related (there was a specific part or parts that they couldn't get to build the cars that were scheduled so they rescheduled them). I inquired about rumors that they might be retooling for some change in the vehicles like 4680 batteries and he said that he doesn't know but that in the past changes like that resulted in much longer delays than the amount they are seeing now, which makes sense, retooling for a major change like that takes longer than a week. So once again we wait and wait and wait.

• Helpful
Reactions: Corndart
So I just talked to my SA again and he confirmed that they have seen a large shift in EDD's for "most customers" and they are under the impression that it is due to something in the supply chain but they really don't know. I personally got shifted back another 8 days on my "soft match" and he says most people got shifted even further back. He says he doesn't know why and they are assuming it is supply chain related (there was a specific part or parts that they couldn't get to build the cars that were scheduled so they rescheduled them). I inquired about rumors that they might be retooling for some change in the vehicles like 4680 batteries and he said that he doesn't know but that in the past changes like that resulted in much longer delays than the amount they are seeing now, which makes sense, retooling for a major change like that takes longer than a week. So once again we wait and wait and wait.
TLDR - SA doesn't know.

Yeah ignore it. BTW when I get that text I am going to give them my trade in info. Just to see how long they will keep delaying my OG order.
I wish I saw your comments earlier. ordered back in August, EDD was 2/27-3/27. The day after I gave them my trade-in info my EDD pushed all the way to September. I removed the trade-in info now, hopefully that can bring my dates back :(

I wish I saw your comments earlier. ordered back in August, EDD was 2/27-3/27. The day after I gave them my trade-in info my EDD pushed all the way to September. I removed the trade-in info now, hopefully that can bring my dates back :(
The sad part is no one knows and no one at Tesla seems to care. They can't even tell you how vehicles are assigned except that they were previously prioritized by profile date and now they are prioritized by order date. That's all they know and they have absolutely zero control over it.

How long after the trade in text did you guys get a VIN number? Is this a good sign or does it not really make a difference?

, Black/Black, 5 Seater, 19 inch, no tow, no FSD

OD: 12/29/21
EDD1: July 2022
EDD2: Apr16-May16 2022
EDD3: August 2022 <-- my trade-in offer expired and so I no longer had a complete profile
EDD4: Jun3-July1 2022 <-- resubmitted trade-in offer and was approved again
EDD5: August 2022 (sigh)
Damn I wish mine would push back to June July. It just switched to Feb Mar. Down here in Lacey.