Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Watch for tesla

Good or bad experiences with this app

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a new MY owner, this my second week. I have downloaded an app for my Apple Watch 5, called “Watch for Tesla”. It cost $3.99 in the Apple Watch store and will only download to the watch, not the iPhone.

Does anyone have any experience with this app. It has similar features as the Tesla app.

image.jpg

Reactions: Hawkstrike
So far been good for me. Someone reported that it stops the car going to sleep, but I've yet to confirm/refute that. Wonder if anyone else has this experience (possibly they had background refresh set incorrectly in the app).

Only thing is that it's a bit cumbersome to setup, but once that is done it works well. Faster than other watch apps since it goes direct to your car rather than via the phone.

Last edited:
Do you need to have an LTE enabled watch for it to work properly? I assume without an LTE connection, you would not be able to unlock the car or use the app if the car is asleep or would grabbing a door handle wake it up and have it work?

Do you need to have an LTE enabled watch for it to work properly? I assume without an LTE connection, you would not be able to unlock the car or use the app if the car is asleep or would grabbing a door handle wake it up and have it work?

Non-LTE Apple Watch works fine. Walking from the beach yesterday to the car, hands full, phone in the backpack...turn on the AC from the app on the Apple Watch.

No, since your watch will use your phone to "hop" to the internet (assuming your phone is on the net and in range). Or, of course, a nearly WiFi network if it can connect to it.