Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waymo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waymo said, in the tweet " the Waymo Driver significantly reduced bodily injury & property damage claims in comparison to the human baseline."

Not "entirely eliminated." Very different. Did you make that up, or was it somewhere else?

(I did not watch the video, so if you got that somewhere else, OK).

Click the link in the tweet and read the entire blog post.

Furthermore, it completely eliminated bodily injury claims, a drastic contrast to the Swiss Re human driver baseline of 1.11 claims per million miles.

Reactions: OxBrew
I appreciate him posting this info. I don’t do twitter, so this is how I learn what is going on.

I love your posts in this sub. They are informational and, as far as I can tell, polite and full of value. Candidly one of the better posters here IMO, and appreciated.

This part is severely underrated. Politeness

Carry on @diplomat33

Thank you all! It is nice to know my posts are informative and appreciated.

Reactions: Bladerskb
News from Waymo:

Videos showing expansion in existing areas and testing in Miami and on the US 101.
Interesting indecision(?) moment in the second video at ~:10s in. When the car simply goes around someone trying to paralell park that changes the entire route (left turn vs straight).

Also feels (not sure what the laws are in CA for this sort of thing) unsafe that the car got back over that closely to the construction workers on the freeway and at least appears that the car was trying to undertake them.

Another JJ Ricks Waymo video:

00:00 Ride start and three point turn
00:58 Stop sign right
01:40 Protected left
02:10 Crosswalk stop, yielding to pedestrians
03:30 Protected left
04:10 Tons of pedestrian detection
05:02 Driverless Cruse
05:35 Emergency vehicle detection
05:45 Protected left
06:50 A very odd unprotected left
07:55 Stop sign left